+ Reply to thread

Thread: Hollywood goes remake crazy

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Hollywood goes remake crazy

So, it looks like we have rumours coming out of many classic 80's and 90's films being remade. We have Point Break, Footloose, Highlander, Total Recall, The Thing and possibly even Top Gun. Can't see Cruise getting to reprise Maverick in that one.

So, given all this, which film would you like to see remade, or even which film should be remade and who would start in it for you?

Although Colin Farrell in Total Recall could be good, as one film that a bit of a CGI update could help, it beats trying to imagine Shia LeBoeuf taking the lead in Footloose and failing miserably to come even close to Kevin Bacon.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I'd like to see Silent Running remade with modern effects.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I can see a Total Recall or The Thing remake, actually. The plots have enough meat on their bones that things could be explored at length without just reheating ancient leftovers.

The others, though? They aren't iconic for their plots. Remaking them just seems like a disaster waiting to happen.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

The new Footloose looks pretty ridiculous. Highlander is pretty awful to begin with, so I could see how a remake might be an improvement.

A new Top Gun just makes no sense.

+ Reply to thread