+ Reply to thread

Thread: How reliant is Apple on Steve Jobs?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default How reliant is Apple on Steve Jobs?

As I'm sure the world is aware by now, Steve Jobs has resigned from his position as chief guru and visionary for Apple. He was responsible for iTunes, iPods, iPads, iPhones etc. etc.

Most would say his return to the company prevented it from going under and his leadership has made it one of the most profitable companies in the world. He is more important to Apple, the Bill Gates was to Microsoft.

The simple question is will Apple survive without him?
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I hope so; I've always been very happy with my Apple products. I would think that the company has enough good things going that they'll be able to keep doing well, but I know nothing about how the business works.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

For the time being I imagine they're fine but they've had one trough in sales and creativity before, they may have one again. It's fascinating that the Apple Newton was considered a bit of a joke but when tech caught up and the iPad was possible, Apple is now the gold standard of computing. I know it wasn't just the iPad, the triple whammy of iPods (doing something many machines before it had done, but sexier), iPhones, and iPads have made their current lead seem unassailable. I'm curious why there has never been any significant backlash towards the brand the way other successful brands get pilloried.

Registered
    Sep 2009

As one who has always loved Apple products and even owns some stock in the company, I certainly hope they'll be able to move boldly forward in his absence. But there's no question he's made an enormous difference in the company's achievements of recent years.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I think Apple will change without Steve Jobs, no question. His input has been incredibly important and no one else will be able to lead it in the same way he has done. Whether that change is for good or ill remains to be seen. I think we should have a good idea of how things are going to be handled and how well the company will adapt by the time the next CES rolls around. At that point, if they're still innovating and influencing everyone else, I'd say it's a really good sign.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Caged User
    Registered
    Dec 2011

world will remember steve for his brilliant mind creativity....
    veronica hearst

Registered
    Feb 2009
    Proud member of the '09 Phanters! K.I.L.L. S.M.U.R.F.S.
    Have you ever wondered if your mom kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob? You are now. "To be second in space is to be second in everything," LBJ

Registered
    Feb 2009

There are several countries that would probably be willing to rebrand themselves in order to get their hands on that kind of money.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Sep 2017

Default How reliant is Apple on Steve Jobs

Should have seen some of the hipsters on CNN keeping vigil over the Apple store in NYC like it was a fucking church, pathetic.

Also RIP Jobs.

+ Reply to thread