+ Reply to thread

Thread: How much do you believe adverts?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default How much do you believe adverts?

A couple of cosmetic companies have had adverts pulled over the very liberal use of photoshop and it appears to be a general trend in the industry to bend the details as far as possible to try and sell a product.

Of course, there have been a few adverts that went the other way and tried the "we are being honest" line.

So the question is, do you believe anything an advert says. Are there any adverts that are believeable or match up to your experience of the product. Are there any that are so far from the truth as to be ridiculous?

I'll be honest, I enjoy watching all the adverts for places like PC World and computer programs and spend my time resisting the urge to laugh like a hyena at how wrong/expensive they are.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Apr 2009

I tend in general to be oblivious to adverts but wouldn't give any of them credence if I did bother to watch/listen.
    Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill

Registered
    Apr 2009

Thinking a bit more about this (as I am watching the film Blood Works, interrupted by loads of crappy adverts) most adverts seem to be very 'shouty' and I mute the TV while they are on and do something else for a few minutes.
    There was one advert that I liked - . Mainly as I recognised the car the moment I saw the wheel.
    I still wouldn't buy insurance from them though, along with most of the others.
    Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill

+ Reply to thread