+ Reply to thread

Thread: Things you've tried and/or like on your pizza *Quik-E-List*

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Things you've tried and/or like on your pizza *Quik-E-List*

Broccoli and garlic.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

"I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

broccoli, garlic, feta, black olives, mushrooms, tuna, sweetcorn, red onions, red peppers, green peppers.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Pineapple (nasty).

-Jim Rockford

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I kinda like those Thai-style pizzas with chicken, carrot slivers, cilantro, and peanut sauce.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Once had an olive pizza. Just black and green olives. It was very good.

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Feb 2009

Had snails on a pizza once. Wasn't bad, but nothing to write home about. Had potatoes a couple times, similar reaction.

Registered
    Mar 2009

In Serbia I had corn kernels on my pie. The texture was fun, didn't do much flavor-wise.

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Sep 2009

In college I went through a serious pineapple-and-pepperoni phase, but more recently have discovered the calzones of our local pizzeria. I like 'em with pepperoni, sausage, bacon, minced garlic, pesto and feta cheese. Yum yum yum!

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Tandoori chicken. Surprisingly tasty.

Registered
    Mar 2009

BBQ sauce (with good and bad results.)

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

Cheddar. I liked. This is big in St. Louis, apparently.

-Jim Rockford

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Oh! Scallops and bacon, on a white pizza with a squirt of lemon. Shockingly good, in small amounts.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    I kinda like those Thai-style pizzas with chicken, carrot slivers, cilantro, and peanut sauce.
    That's my current favorite pizza.

I once made a pizza with crab and a mustard sauce. It was okay.

One combination I really like is pineapple, green olives and black olives.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Oliveloaf View post
    Yeah, I don't mind those BBQ Chicken pizzas they have at places like California Pizza Kitchen. It's kinda weird the first time you try it, but it's pretty tasty.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Anchovies. They're so good that I have to assume that all the people who use them as a punchline "Gimme a pizza with everything...oh wait, except those little fishies." have never tried one.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    Yeah, I don't mind those BBQ Chicken pizzas they have at places like California Pizza Kitchen. It's kinda weird the first time you try it, but it's pretty tasty.
    Well, at some point you come down to wondering about the strict definition of pizza. I would argue that half the stuff on the CPK menu isn't really pizza, but most of it is really good. Along the lines, it's been argued here that Chicago-style deep dish isn't really pizza. Maybe not, but it's freaking good.

The four-mushroom 'za at CPK is truly fabulous. The place is pricey for what you get, though.

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp View post
    Anchovies. They're so good that I have to assume that all the people who use them as a punchline "Gimme a pizza with everything...oh wait, except those little fishies." have never tried one.
    I ordered "pizza" in a bar in Rome once. What arrived was a 10-inch crust smeared with red sauce, lightly cheese'd and covered with several anchovies. I don't do fish, but by all accounts it was delicious.
    Last edited by Oliveloaf; 11 Jul 2011 at 01:26 PM.

-Jim Rockford

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp View post
    Well they look so weird. And I can't say I've ever felt the need to put little fishies on my pizza. Do they just add extra salt/umami?

Well, at some point you come down to wondering about the strict definition of pizza. I would argue that half the stuff on the CPK menu isn't really pizza, but most of it is really good. Along the lines, it's been argued here that Chicago-style deep dish isn't really pizza. Maybe not, but it's freaking good.
    If the people making it call it a pizza, I'm happy to agree with them. CPK's tostada pizza does bear a strong resemblance to a salad on top of flatbread, though. Damn, now I really want one.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    Well they look so weird. And I can't say I've ever felt the need to put little fishies on my pizza. Do they just add extra salt/umami?
    Umami, salt and a certain Italianness...anchovies are the primary flavorant in Caesar salad.

Registered
    Sep 2017

Default Things youve tried and/or like on your pizza Quik E List

The place I went to looked nothing like those photos but pizza looked the same/similar. Maybe they moved?

Single shophouse at the end of the row.Thanks for the heads up.

+ Reply to thread