+ Reply to thread

Thread: Debbie Reynolds has auctioned off her stunning movie memorabilia collection

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Debbie Reynolds has auctioned off her stunning movie memorabilia collection

I did not realize that Debbie has spent her life collecting these items; it's a very impressive collection.

She had the famous Marilyn Monroe "subway grate" dress (it went for about $5 million), several dresses Julie Andrews wore in The Sound of Music, Judy Garland's Dorothy dress, costumes worn by Liz Taylor in Cleopatra and National Velvet, dresses worn by Barbra Streisand in Funny Girl and Hello Dolly, even the Santa suit from Miracle on 34th Street...the list goes on and on. Take a look, you won't be disappointed!

Yes, I'm a cat. What's it to you? Muffin's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Northwestern Ontario 48°17'42.8"N,89°23'21.2"W

A pity that she has to sell, rather than be able to continue to display them in a museum.

Some of those dresses are divine!

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah, I thought the same thing, Muffin. Hopefully many of them will still be on display in various places. They really are amazing...you can see such detail on some of them that wasn't as apparent in the films.

Registered
    Feb 2009

The Marilyn Munroe dress just went for $4million
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Some of us collect rocks.

Some of us collect iconic movie costumes. That Cleopatra gown is AWE. SOME. And Captain Renault's uniform from Casablanca ...

So neat.

+ Reply to thread