+ Reply to thread

Thread: Playing golf on Memorial Day

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Playing golf on Memorial Day

Memorial Day is probably a day that most people on the board would be remembering those who had been in service and given their lives.

However, a few of the reporters over here are decrying Obama's decision to play golf in the afternoon instead of spending it in a more solemn way.

He did pay his respects first thing by laying a wreath at Arlington Cemetary, so have these reporters taken it out of context, or is it a political gaffe?

Story here.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I say he probably shouldn't have done it, but I can't get too worked up about it since pretty much everyone goes out and has fun on Memorial Day. Not like he was the only guy out on the links.

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Getting loaded at a picnic and driving drunk is much more appropriate. What's the Prez thinking?
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

People who give a crap about stuff like this have way too much time on their hands. And are probably giant hypocrites, considering that no one I know treats Memorial Day like Yom Kippur.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I would have preferred if he didn't, but I can't get too worked up over it. Americans don't have a whole lot of common holidays, so it's very difficult to keep any of them sacred. Treating it as a three-day weekend is normal.

+ Reply to thread