+ Reply to thread

Thread: Lost Pyramids of Egypt

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Lost Pyramids of Egypt

Using the new scanning techniques from a satellite, it appears that multiple hidden pyramids have been found in Egypt.

They have found 17 sites possibly covered by deposits from the Nile with the possibility of many more being hidden in the desert. Two test excavations have already found two new pyramids, so it looks positive that more can be uncovered.

I wonder if they can find anything to translate Linear A??

More on the story here
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I love this kind of stuff. I hope that program will be showing in Canada soon.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It would be surprising to me if they find Cretan writing in Egypt. But depending on the time period, I suppose it's possible.

This is the kind of thing that almost makes me wish I'd continued studying archaeology. Then I remember how bone-crushingly boring it was most of the time.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    This is the kind of thing that almost makes me wish I'd continued studying archaeology. Then I remember how bone-crushingly boring it was most of the time.
    Heh, almost every time I watch an archaeological show, there's a bunch of young women on their knees, digging methodically while a bunch of older, mostly male archaeologists talk about the fun stuff.

I alway picture one of them later:

"I used to be into archaeology. Went on a major dig. Was even on National Geographic Channel.

"At least my butt was."

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I was reading a little on this yesterday. Some cool stuff.

A few years back they dug into a hill in Mexico and found a step pyramid. I'm always amazed by this stuff.

+ Reply to thread