+ Reply to thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions you need the answer to.

Registered
    Jul 2013

And answer the fucking questions, bitch! I'm not here just for my own amusement! I want satisfaction!

Mi parolas esperanton malbone Trojan Man's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2010

OK.

1) 24
    2) no
    3) it's wrong to do that to a horse
    4) no
    5) no

Registered
    Jul 2013

Seth Rogan Spitz!!!!!

Registered
    Mar 2010

Shut up you honky douche.

Registered
    Jul 2013

All right, fine. New question.

Does anyone else sound like broken record today? My constant refrain is "Gawd, I hate everybody!"

It's getting kind of old.

Registered
    Jul 2013

And ad (3): what the hell do you care about horses? Who gives a shit?

Registered
    Jul 2013

And I have really bad BO....kind of upsetting to me.

I'll still rape the shit out of.....someone, I guess.

Hey, they can't complain, at least.

Registered
    Jul 2013

And do my sex questions, you mofo!

eta or get one of the good people here to answer them!
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 06 Jun 2015 at 12:39 AM.

Registered
    Mar 2010

See a) 3.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Well, be more explicit!

Registered
    Jul 2013

Also, am I retarded in that I never get tired of saying to the class during evaluations, "Is 'Ass Face' one word or two?" That fucking cracks me up.

eta I've been using that for over fifteen years. I think it's fucking hilarious.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 06 Jun 2015 at 01:26 AM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Humorless pusses. I got a lot worse from my Franglish tard students, and English comp -- not to mention the morons at UP.

Registered
    Jul 2013

And that, my "friends," is how you teach a class -- admit all manner of abuse, and just laugh with them.

And, also, try to bang the hot ones.

Oh, shit.

Well, whatever, persevere and be good at your craft.

Oh, shit.

Oh, fuck it, just try to bang the hot ones.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally posted by Jizzelbin View post
    And I have really bad BO....kind of upsetting to me.

I'll still rape the shit out of.....someone, I guess.

Hey, they can't complain, at least.
    Why? Because their vages look like predator's face?

For those playing at home, vag==vulva==whoGivesashit, you stupid illiterate tard. Everyone on the fucking planet knows exactly what I'm talking about, and vice versa, so go back and play with the illiterati.

Registered
    Jul 2013

//-*****************************

does anyone really care about distinguishing the sets of labia on the female sex from the vagina proper, in lingua franca?

//-******************************

why would anyone besides a physiologist or a dumper think about making the distinction?

//-**************************

am i the only one online who thinks that kind of person is both (i) insane (ii) ridiculous (iii) a self-parody and (iv) functionally retarded?
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 06 Jun 2015 at 10:05 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2010

Assface is a compound word (that is, one word for the hard of knowing) that is created by joining two words together. I hope this has been informative.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Trojan Assface!!!!!

Registered
    Mar 2010

See, that's two words. I feel this concept is beyond your capabilities. Here is a ball. Perhaps you would like to bounce it.

Registered
    Jul 2013

THIS ISN'T ONE....

fine, whatever.

You're an ass-face, and you suck major ass, and also you have a tiny dick.

Just answer the fucking questions, or ask some of your own.

Registered
    Jul 2013

//-***********************************

Does anyone else find whiskey has a kind of sweet, almost sickly, aroma/flavor?

Either I have to upgrade my brand, or I'm just getting sick of it.

Registered
    Mar 2010

How do we approach the problematique?

Registered
    Jul 2013

Practice, m'boy!

I don't know, it's just a question a "need" "the" answer to!

Pick 'em up and put 'em down!

WTF is with these people and their derpy dogs walking through my park this morning. Bicyclists too.

Dogs and hippies. I hate the whole damned species.

What's up with that?

Registered
    Jul 2013

Practice, m'boy!

I don't know, it's just a question a "need" "the" answer to!

Pick 'em up and put 'em down!

WTF is with these people and their derpy dogs walking through my park this morning. Bicyclists too.

Dogs and hippies. I hate the whole damned species.

What's up with that?

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah, so, it's pretty simple. I'd like to use wget to surreptitiously download a page WITHOUT giving the owner of a site any revenue from "clicks" on their page.

I've done some tests, and I've concluded this isn't really possible. I honestly thought this worked.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that one doesn't want to put ad money in the pocket of some scumbag site-owner, but occasionally would like to view a given page for whatever reason.

If it can't be done with wget, are there some other utilities that can be used (Linux utilities only)?

This has nothing to do with IP "bans" or anything like that -- just a matter of principle.

Registered
    Jul 2013

/***************MOOBIE QUESTION
    So, here's one people here might know.

I know, I could go to the library and read a book, but this is more fun.

So, from looking at wikipedia numbers for a long time, and also hearing various scuttlebutt, it appears that promotional costs, including but not limited to advertising in the forms of posters, ads, and distributing those annoying cardboard cutouts of Chewbacca to movie theaters, distribution costs, and probably many other costs, are NOT included in the "official" budget of a movie.

Is this true? and if so, why?

Registered
    Jul 2013

Oh, come on, people. I don't want to go back to the Dope -- although, in their defense, they don't delete the entire catalog of posts by banned posters, so they're a pretty fair bunch. They have one hell of a collective ego for being a yellow-rag blog with a comment section, but, hey, that's their thing, so whatever. I expect a great deal fom you, and you have every right to expect a lot from me. Maybe I run off at the mouth, but I respect the rules here, mainly because I respect the people here.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I got a good one -- do you people think it's effective to avoid a wrinkled forehead to put some tape on it, or notch your hat a bit tighter and wear it constantly?

Yeah, yeah, I know the movie *Brazil* -- apparently I gave my "Breathe-Right" strips to my dad years ago (they were an impulse buy at a drugstore closing sale years and years ago -- never did anything for me). That was my first impulse.

Now, I just tighten the adjustable band on my ball cap and try to stretch out my forehead.

I'm not that bad, yet, but I like having my face, forehead included, being relaxed and free of wrinkles. At least in my own mind.

Eh, you guys aren't acid-trippers, you don't know how important having your "face" be in good shape.

Registered
    Jul 2013

What's the deal with these fucking owls -- in full daylight, no less.

Might could be a Steller's Jay mimicking the call, but why *do* they "hoot," anyway? I guess to attract mates or advertise their presence -- doesn't sound typical of the "alert call" of other birds, just a gentle hooting.

For all I know it could be a loud pigeon/dove.

A very striking presence in the soundscape.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Those aren't owls -- they can't be. Coo-coo-coo! Coo-coo-coo!

Some kind of pigeon or a rock dove.

Think we saw a bald eagle (I claimed it was -- they are abundant in this region, but I didn't have my glasses on and I was pretty high on whiskey). Also a golden eagle -- actually at least two.

So, how to be sure from a distance when your eyes aren't that great?

Yeah, I know, binoculars, but I gave mine to a nephew who seems to have a fondness for birds.

Yeah, I know, same way to roughly identify trees -- look at the shape, the size, and other identifying marks or tokens.

HOWEVER -- my question is: has anyone here spotted any unusual birds recently AND how do you tell from the fog of memory?

Registered
    Jul 2013

A collapsible baton is in the mail -- I think that's a terrible idea, from a LEO's perspective. This will not end well for me, pretty sure. I don't need it for self-defense -- nobody fucks with me -- just to tell these shit-heads to back off. Oh well, it will be a funny toy, I guess.

My question -- to intimidate drivers who impede my legal, w-my-walk-light pedestrian traffic, is carrying a
    (i) 6 D-Cell Maglite
    (ii) a huge, black golf umbrella

a better idea?
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 07 Jul 2015 at 12:59 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Actually, I think I'm going to recommend that you slowly back away from the idea of carrrying a club. God knows I understand the attraction, but the possibility of it ending well approaches zero.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah, but a nice golf umbrella? Carried as a sunshade in summer months?

Hardly a club.

Registered
    Feb 2009

And why are you intending to carry it again...?

Registered
    Jul 2013

Something about Teddy R -- speak softly, carry a big stick, and always protect the skin from premature aging.

Registered
    Jul 2013

And no need to ignore that it rains or is overcast (therefore might rain) eight months out of the year where I live.

And in addition, the umbrella is not intended to be used or have the appearance of a "club" -- rather, I shall carry it the way I carry my wimpy umbrella, which might break at any moment.

Namely, firmly, by the non-handle-part, with the handle extended at a 45-degree angle relative to perpendicular to the earth.

It can also be used to point at cars who approach too closely while I'm walking, similar to how regular people point at dangerously-behaving automobile hobbyists while shaking their heads slowly and continuing on their normal, pedestrian commutes.

The more visible one makes oneself to violent, dangerous, automobile-hobbyist miscreants, the better it is. And then you go on your regular way.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 07 Jul 2015 at 06:09 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Saw a guy in his twenties, didn't look homeless, making a call on a payphone. What was that about?

Registered
    Sep 2009

Maybe his cellphone is broken? Hell, I can't remember the last time I saw a payphone.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Electromagnetic radiation poses serious health risks. I applaud that young man's wisdom and his courage in fighting against the lies fed to us by politicians and bigPhone.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 10 Jul 2015 at 08:15 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I have a serious question.

I decided to spend some of my dwindling resources not on beer, whiskey, wine, and tobacco, but on a watch. I like the ones with analog hands and a regular, plain, stainless steel band.

It appears that a lot of the quartz makers have gone with a combination digital/analog face -- that's good, because I obsessively like to time things, using a stopwatch. My old Radio Shack stopwatch has long since given up its ghost, and I find it useful to have the ability to time things to within the nearest second. Doing sets of pushups or whatever. As if I've done a single pushup in six months. But I'll get back into it, and maybe get back on my long-dormant enthusiasm for honking out some miles double-time.

And, the phone just doesn't do it. I mean, they can, but every time I want to know what time it is, there's some jackass friend of mine clouding up the phone display with some shitty text message or something.

Unitask for a unibrow.

Oh yeah, so, question//************************************************** ************************************************** ***
    WHY is it that the makers of such (cheap, because I am on a budget and also frugal) watches seem incapable of offering different models in the same price range with different rotating bezels? I'm stuck with http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Sport-...984PDAKT9ME8RG this thing, just because I want to save thirty bucks (for a bottle of tequila) over a Casio with a slide-rule bezel, which is much more useful than a compass bezel.

I've known about the trick using the compass and a clock for a long time -- here's the news, Steinberg. You don't need a watch for that. Just scrawl some clock hands on a piece of paper if you don't want to do it on the fly in your head.

Are they trying to "reserve" their place in useful bezels for a higher price? I don't see it with this brand.

//************************************************** ***

AND

digital makes a better stopwatch than using the subsidiary dials of a regular watch. Resolved.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I have no answer on the watch thing, but I do have a question:

The crappy close-out store that I passed at lunch: Why did they decide they needed to have a sign that said: MUST NOT ENTER WITHOUT CLOTHES!!

Registered
    Jul 2013

I think you know the reason why -- apparently you run in the same circles as whores/strippers chasing each other armed with a stiletto heel ("I'ma kill you, bitch!") and people with bad guitars.

My "little" watch came in yesterday. It was like 20USD, and has separate analog and digital displays on the same face, and a stopwatch with alarm, and a stainless band:
    http://imgur.com/SmzLBrv
    http://imgur.com/EYULUlL

But WHO is this made for? Andre the giant? It is 0.5" thick (I measured), and I had to remove TWO links from the band. AND the "compass" bezel doesn't rotate. Oh well, I'll find a way to be zen with it. I think of it now as the "low-rent pimp watch." It's like Flava Flav would wear this around his neck.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Also, who exactly USES umbrellas in the bright sunlight? I've observed (i) Indians and (ii) Steampukes. I guess I'm going to enter their ranks -- except today it's actually raining and therefore an umbrella is required.

Also, who exactly thinks wearing hiking waterproof shells is reasonable when not hiking? Even the densest moron recognizes that ventilation is a priority, and even the most accomplished long-distance hikers recognize that "breathable" raingear is at best a good compromise. So, why settle for middling performance when you can get optimal results by using an umbrella? ETA I got it -- it's because they either (i) bike or (ii) want people to think they "bike." And by "bike" I don't mean a moped, but one of those queer Lance bikes.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 25 Jul 2015 at 02:38 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

How can I put the distortion of my own eyes into a form legible and comprehensible and correct an optometrist can read?

Using, for example, a mirror, a straight-edge, a pencil, and maybe slide-rule for computing whatever values?

There is certainly an effectively-computable procedure for determining focus length. I just want to know what it is, so I can do it by hand.

Call it the Quine-McCluskey of lens nerds. If it helps, I despise photography as a pastime, so by that statement I hope to exclude all shutterbugs from responding. Except when they're right. And then I'll apologize.

I think there must be something in Euclid that can let me use a mirror and a straight-edge to get my own myopic prescription right. Or else in my first-year Physics textbook.

/***************EDIT
    Maybe I should buy a used lensometer, use it on existing glasses, and rent it out for friends/family who need duplicate glasses made
    *******************/
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 07 Aug 2015 at 02:22 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Can't help you with the myopia thing, but just an update on my last question:

Went past the crappy close-out place again today, and they now have a sign saying they're going out of business as of Monday.

I guess their fancy "You have to wear CLOTHES to shop here" policy just didn't cut it Downtown.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally posted by Rube E. Tewesday View post
    Can't help you with the myopia thing, but just an update on my last question:

Went past the crappy close-out place again today, and they now have a sign saying they're going out of business as of Monday.

I guess their fancy "You have to wear CLOTHES to shop here" policy just didn't cut it Downtown.
    Oh you poor Canadians. But what do you do about all your hipsters smoking doobs and wearing naked free clothes for art?

Remember when all the crazy cat-ladies about four years ago called me a rapist and a murderer because I complained about children in my swimming pool?

Now, finally, it has reached critical mass and my fellow denizens have decided to put their put down and stop allowing more than two guests in the condo common area.

In fact, the only problem is enforcement. My HOA manager who has been on board for the past year (his predecessor was a useless twat) has brought the subject up with me starting today, in his manner of venting, and the topic has been raised enumerably innumerable times in passing.

So, to people who disagreed that a band of 8-year-old cunts screeching "Marco Polo!" at the top of their lungs, with no apparent supervision is unacceptable, you're wrong.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 07 Aug 2015 at 05:22 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Why is spam on Disqus always for work-at-home schemes, and spam on Facebook always for sunglasses?

Registered
    Jul 2013

Can't answer that -- I don't know what Disqus is, and I never get spam e-mail from FB. ETA Disqus sounds kind of cool. I like reddit, but the focus on "links" vs. content is differently-abled to me

Riddle me this, though -- after fasting for +24 hours or even 48 hours why is that all kinds of nasty shit comes out in the terlet? Yeah, I know, digestive system, etc. But still, I find it upsetting. Even just my ordinary one meal q.d., if I taper calories from ~800 to about 500 or so, things become unspeakable.

and no, my previous post was not meant to be understood -- just that unsupervised and unregulated minors are (i) not appropriate (ii) are subject to public censure and ridicule, if not corporal punishment (iii) a band of more than two such are in violation of HOA CC&Rs (iv) every owner who is non-differently-abled disapproves and is, according to their favored means of expression, vocal about it.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 11 Aug 2015 at 02:48 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

What the hell kind of punishment do bees/wasps get if they come back to the hive empty-handed? Virgil notwithstanding, bees are pretty fucking stupid. Do I look like a fucking flower? No? Then go away and find one.

They must get beaten or locked in a cage when they come home.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I think the Queen just looks at them with deep, deep disappointment.

Registered
    Jul 2013

But that's not enough! These little guys are damned set on getting that pollen! And I'm not speaking as someone who's scared of bees -- I'm probably deathly allergic, but I don't care if they sting me.

But, really. They are like on a crazy mission to harvest pollen, and from my perspective, they're doing it all wrong. Yeah, you little bastards, go ahead and drink my beer, see how much the Queen likes it when you stagger into the hive all fucked-up, you little bastards.

+ Reply to thread