+ Reply to thread

Thread: ANZAC Day - gays and Muslims

Mi parolas esperanton malbone Trojan Man's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2010

Default ANZAC Day - gays and Muslims

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/...s-to-hit-gays/

The head of the Australian Christian Lobby and a one-time SAS commander, used Twitter on Monday to say: "Just hope that as we remember servicemen and women today we remember the Australia they fought for - wasn't gay marriage and Islamic!"

Fuck a duck. Honestly. After the Cronulla riots being used to attack "foreigners" that Australia day AllWalker made a thread about, the nutjobs seem to want to sully whatever good social things we have. What do gays and/or Muslims have to do with ANZAC Day? Incredible.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I was gonna make a thread about ANZAC day, but it was going to be mild compared to this.

*clears throat*

The Australian spirit includes TOLERANCE as one of the primary attributes. TOL-ER-ANCE. You Twitter-using dickwad.

Urgh. Every ANZAC ceremony I've ever been to has had as the primary featured the, what's it called, defence of freedom. Might be a familiar concept. The ANZAC tradition might have started based on events in World War One, doesn't mean you are supposed to live like no more than eighteen minutes have passed since then.
    Something tells me we haven't seen the last of foreshadowing.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

That's pretty fucking pathetic.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Okay, now that I've sobered down and calmed up...

"My ill timed tweet was a comment on the nature of the Australia he had fought for, and the need to honour that in the way we preserve it into the future," he said in a statement on Monday.

"While of course and rightly there have always been gays and Muslims in Australia, many of whom have fought for the country, the nature of the country they fought for and arguably what made it worth fighting for, has been largely drawn from Judeo-Christian heritage and values."
    Nice save, jerk. I wont even waste time trying to figure out how a post like that could be "well timed". As for J-C values, all the prayers and hymms focus on things like "do what is right, support the weak, encourage the meek, etc". If you are using that as a platform to justify bigotry, well, the people will flame you and be right to do so.
    Something tells me we haven't seen the last of foreshadowing.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Even brave veterans sometimes can be stunningly, head-smackingly, what-was-he-thinking? stoopid.

+ Reply to thread