+ Reply to thread

Thread: Judgement Day

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Judgement Day

On 19th April at 8:11pm, Skynet was to gain self-awareness and supposed to take control of US Systems and being it's purge of humanity. At least according to the Terminator movies.

Instead, all I got was a lousy internet connection that kept dropping out.

So, anyone savaged by their DVD player yet?
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Well, my fearmongering local news was leading off with a story about how smartphones are tracking our each and every move, so maybe the movies were just off by a couple of months.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Well Apple does like to know where you are., whether or not you agree to it.

Then again, it is in the T&Cs.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I thought this was going to be about this:

Finals will be over, I'm debating having a judgment day party.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by RabbitMage View post

Yeah, me too. Those signs are in the subway stations here.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Oh hey, I thought those signs were an example of San Franciscan weirdness!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    Oh hey, I thought those signs were an example of San Franciscan weirdness!
    Well, Toronto's got weirdness of its own, but big signs about the end of the world aren't usually part of it. I'm a little taken aback -- I don't know what it costs to put a nice colour sign in a subway station, but I know people don't do it to advertise garage sales.

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Rube E. Tewesday View post
    Quote Originally posted by RabbitMage View post

The hilarious part of this is, if you go the site http://www.familyradio.com/index2.html
    (which sucks) there's a "What's New?" section that has news unrelated to Judgment Day!

Really? Everything ends in a month, yet there's other stuff to think about?

Yeah, me too. Those signs are in the subway stations here.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

My favorite part is "The Bible Guarantees It!" Really?

Quote Originally posted by Matthew 24:36
    But of that day and hour no one has knowledge, not even the angels in heaven, or the Son, but the Father only.
    Apparently these people know more than even Jesus. Wow!
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Man, if this is true I need to burn some vacation time.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Oliveloaf View post
    Oh, you'll have plenty of time for your vacation.

IN HELL!!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Oh, you'll have plenty of time for your vacation.

IN HELL!!
    As long as it's not too humid.

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Feb 2009

Seriously, that people that stupid, ignorant and crazy have enough money for a radio station, a website (however crappy) and a massive billboard campaign makes me want to cry.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Seriously, that people that stupid, ignorant and crazy have enough money for a radio station, a website (however crappy) and a massive billboard campaign makes me want to cry.
    If that makes you cry, never, ever, watch Fox News.

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Feb 2009

If that makes you cry, never, ever, watch Fox News.
    Well, I don't. However, I understand that there are ladies in short skirts on Fox News, which would at least be one advantage over looking at that website.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah, that's a problem. Hell of a good hook.

-Jim Rockford

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Crazy Judgement Day People
    In 2 Peter 3:8, which is quoted above, Holy God reminds us that one day is as 1,000 years. Therefore, with the correct understanding that the seven days referred to in Genesis 7:4 can be understood as 7,000 years, we learn that when God told Noah there were seven days to escape worldwide destruction, He was also telling the world there would be exactly 7,000 years (one day is as 1,000 years) to escape the wrath of God that would come when He destroys the world on Judgment Day. Because Holy Infinite God is all-knowing, He knows the end from the beginning. He knew how sinful the world would become.

Seven thousand years after 4990 B.C. (the year of the Flood) is the year 2011 A.D. (our calendar).

4990 + 2011 – 1 = 7,000

[One year must be subtracted in going from an Old Testament B.C. calendar date to a New Testament A.D. calendar date because the calendar does not have a year zero.]

Thus Holy God is showing us by the words of 2 Peter 3:8 that He wants us to know that exactly 7,000 years after He destroyed the world with water in Noah’s day, He plans to destroy the entire world forever. Because the year 2011 A.D. is exactly 7,000 years after 4990 B.C. when the flood began, the Bible has given us absolute proof that the year 2011 is the end of the world during the Day of Judgment, which will come on the last day of the Day of Judgment.

Amazingly, May 21, 2011 is the 17th day of the 2nd month of the Biblical calendar of our day. Remember, the flood waters also began on the 17th day of the 2nd month, in the year 4990 B.C.
    It must be true; they used math.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

In 2 Peter 3:8, which is quoted above, Holy God reminds us that one day is as 1,000 years. Therefore, with the correct understanding that the seven days referred to in Genesis 7:4 can be understood as 7,000 years, we learn that when God told Noah there were seven days to escape worldwide destruction, He was also telling the world there would be exactly 7,000 years (one day is as 1,000 years) to escape the wrath of God that would come when He destroys the world on Judgment Day. Because Holy Infinite God is all-knowing, He knows the end from the beginning. He knew how sinful the world would become.

Seven thousand years after 4990 B.C. (the year of the Flood) is the year 2011 A.D. (our calendar).

4990 + 2011 – 1 = 7,000

[One year must be subtracted in going from an Old Testament B.C. calendar date to a New Testament A.D. calendar date because the calendar does not have a year zero.]

Thus Holy God is showing us by the words of 2 Peter 3:8 that He wants us to know that exactly 7,000 years after He destroyed the world with water in Noah’s day, He plans to destroy the entire world forever. Because the year 2011 A.D. is exactly 7,000 years after 4990 B.C. when the flood began, the Bible has given us absolute proof that the year 2011 is the end of the world during the Day of Judgment, which will come on the last day of the Day of Judgment.

Amazingly, May 21, 2011 is the 17th day of the 2nd month of the Biblical calendar of our day. Remember, the flood waters also began on the 17th day of the 2nd month, in the year 4990 B.C.
    Well holy shit. Now I'm scared.

Registered
    Mar 2009

[QUOTE=Sarahfeena;202745]
    ...we learn that when God told Noah there were seven days to escape worldwide destruction, He was also telling the world there would be exactly 7,000 years...
    He was also...what?

Is there any biblical precedent for God sending a message...hidden in another important message?

Pretty much God lays things out pretty clearly. If he wanted us to know the end date, we'd know the end date. We know that we can't diddle our neighbor's wife (which is kind of a shame around here), we shouldn't kill anyone, and that Jews shouldn't eat at rib joints.

This whole absurdity hinges on the idea that when God spoke to Noah, he was secretly speaking to a group of nut jobs with a really bad web site.

That whole flood thing was just a cover for the real message. Wow.
    Last edited by Oliveloaf; 21 Apr 2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Tasty morsel.

-Jim Rockford

+ Reply to thread