+ Reply to thread

Thread: What's on the menu for Easter dinner?

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default What's on the menu for Easter dinner?

We're having ham, au gratin potatoes, green bean casserole, and probably some kind of pie for dessert. Not sure if my husband's planning anything else at this point, sometimes he gets it in his head to try a new side, but that's our basic Easter menu.

I make the Joy of Cooking Au Gratin recipe, only with a lot more cheese, and I use a Cook's Illustrated recipe for the beans. My husband will do the ham, and he brought home a pineapple yesterday, so I think that will be involved somehow.
    Last edited by Sarahfeena; 19 Apr 2011 at 02:16 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm not cooking, so I have no idea what my sister has planned yet. I'll probably make the traditional pineapple upside cake and I can expect somebody will do a green bean casserole. Odds are good a ham will make an appearance.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm not sure what my sister's making, either. I'd say ham for sure, and probably turkey. And I wouldn't be surprised if she makes hot dogs for my kid.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Well, here it will be Passover dinner, which will be fun to expose my kids to. But, aside from the usual ceremonial nibbles, the main meal will be roast beef, roasted root vegetables, and chicken matzo ball soup.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

No Easter celebration on this end, although I still hope for a box of chocolate goodies from Grandma.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hot cross buns?

I haven't even thought as far ahead as Easter Sunday. Might see if I can do a proper roast for once.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

+ Reply to thread