+ Reply to thread

Thread: Gay couple thrown out of Soho Pub for kissing

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Gay couple thrown out of Soho Pub for kissing

Yes, that's right a gay couple, Jonathan Williams and James Bull, were thrown out of a pub for kissing. They claim they were thrown out for obscene behaviour, as it was apparently bothering the landlord.

On the one hand, if the landlord says stop doing something in a pub, you stop doing it or get chucked out, it's the way its always been. But from a pub in Soho, where those actions are probably amongst the tamest things going on is pretty naive.

More on the story here.

I think someone is going to lose a lot of custom over the next few weeks.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I really wish there was a statement from the landlord since I hate only hearing one side of things, even in something as apparently clear cut as this. Was there some kind of history there? Do they have issues with anybody kissing in their establishment? With where the pub is I can't fathom it was the first time a gay couple had a date there.

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

hah. Yah I don't know what's going on but if I were a bar owner and I knew throwing a gay couple out would net me 200 new customers coming in my doors I would about shit myself with happiness. Sadly the bar in this story is a corporate bar boo hiss.

Registered
    Feb 2009

It looks as though there is going to be a kiss-in tonight at the pub in question. This one could go on and on.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally posted by hatesfreedom View post
    Yah I don't know what's going on but if I were a bar owner and I knew throwing a gay couple out would net me 200 new customers coming in my doors I would about shit myself with happiness.
    Ain't gonna happen, man. This is like throwing people out of your bar in Harlem because black guys make you uncomfortable. Sure, it gets you publicity and there might be some bigots out there who'd support you, but in the neighborhood you're in you are fucked.

+ Reply to thread