+ Reply to thread

Thread: Wonder Woman isn't.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Wonder Woman isn't.

Having seen some shots of the remake of the 70s series of Wonder Woman, a few things crossed my mind.

I don't mind its a reboot, 40 years is plenty of time to update and they have enough material from the comics to do so.

It's not the change of costume, although it does like like cheap plastic, when they should have used leather instead.

No, it's the fact she looks more like a Wonder Girl, than Wonder Woman. She looks like she is devoid of anything remotely like experience. It's going to be Wonder Woman, the teenage years.

This is going to be disappointing, even if it does have Liz Hurley as the main villainess (and she can't exactly act either).
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2009

They listened to the internet outrage and changed the costume, at least. The pants look like cloth instead of Halloween costume grade plastic. The bustier doesn't appear to have been changed at all. Note the shiny, shiny wrinkles.

Couple all that with David E. Kelley at the helm and I expect it to end up being stupid and inexplicably about lawyers.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

The pants and the flat-soled red boots are much, much better. The gold trim really looks cheesy, though.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

The flat boots are a big improvement, but I have a hard time believing one can successfully fight crime in a low-cut bustier. I couldn'teven keep a strapless bra in its proper place, when all I was doing was standing up for a wedding.

Adrianne Palicki is nearly 28, so I don't think she's too young for the part. But nothing I've heard about this project fills me with confidence.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    The flat boots are a big improvement, but I have a hard time believing one can successfully fight crime in a low-cut bustier. I couldn'teven keep a strapless bra in its proper place, when all I was doing was standing up for a wedding.
    I guess being a comic fan, I can suspend my disbelief enough to be alright with the bustier. I read some Image and Wildstorm books back in the late 90s, so I saw females fighting in less. My issue is, as Zuul mentioned, the guy in charge. Does anyone actually believe this man isn't going to try to give us Diana McBeal? Ally McWonder Woman? David E. Kelley doesn't exactly have the world's best track record with strong females.
    So, I'll whisper in the dark, hoping you'll hear me.

Registered
    Feb 2009

So long as she's busty and peppy, the fan boys will come and drool. Whether ot not David Kelly can pull off a string and powerful non-lawyer female lead is a whole nother question... We'll see soon enough.
    Hell is other people.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

It's not the bustier itself, that's right as far as being true to the origins and all, it's the low cut nature of the cups. Please, three running steps and she'd be popping out of that thing, or else they're double-sided taping her into it. Either way, huge distraction.
    Science flies you to the moon; religion flies you into buildings.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by dread pirate jimbo View post
    So long as she's busty and peppy, the fan boys will come and drool.
    They might come and drool over her low cut costume, but there's only so far drooling fanboys can carry a TV show.
    So, I'll whisper in the dark, hoping you'll hear me.

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

busty and peppy
    Now, there's a good name for a couple of crime fighters.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

Small tweak: Busty and Pepe. Si.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Oliveloaf View post
    busty and peppy
    Now, there's a good name for a couple of crime fighters.
    Nah, it's Plastic Man's nickname for the Wonder Twins.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Here's an update on the amazing adventures of Wonder Teenager.

It's going nowhere.

If the bosses are turning down something which is supposed to tick all the right boxes, it must have been worse than I thought.

Registered
    Mar 2009

The Rockford Files reboot is also on hold. Which is fine. You can't replace James Garner.

-Jim Rockford

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post
    If the bosses are turning down something which is supposed to tick all the right boxes, it must have been worse than I thought.
    I suspect it had something to do with the howls of derision the leaked photos and script got, ticked boxes notwithstanding.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Oliveloaf View post
    The Rockford Files reboot is also on hold. Which is fine. You can't replace James Garner.
    I guess Mel Gibson is no longer available then?

+ Reply to thread