+ Reply to thread

Thread: PixieBob's Conservative Corner.

PixieBob

Default PixieBob's Conservative Corner.

Greetings. PixieBob here...your Large, Angry Cat. Your Christian Conservative Cat (but trained by Jesuits, so look out for twisted logic).

I reserve this thread in the Cage for my most Trollish remarks so as to properly place them.

Todays Message:

How to piss off a liberal:

Stare into liberal's eyes with all seriousness and say:

"Don't you agree that 'Team America, World Police' is the most dramatic, sweeping, and socially relevant modern day film ever produced?"

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Wait 'till you guys hear about my Gay Marriage Quota System.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Wait, Liberals hate 'Team America, World Police'? I thought it mocked Conservative strawmen as much as Liberal ones. Or are the Conservatives just too naive to notice the mocking?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Oh, and my Concealed Fire Arms for Toddlers Initiative.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit? View post
    Wait, Liberals hate 'Team America, World Police'? I thought it mocked Conservative strawmen as much as Liberal ones. Or are the Conservatives just too naive to notice the mocking?
    Yeah, this is confusing. It's like Trump pretending to be a Birther. Who is Trump really helping?

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

Frankly, I support federally backed high-speed rail systems that link medical marijuana stores with legalized brothels. Oh, and free sex changes for men over 60.

-Jim Rockford

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Every liberal I know loves Team America.

Dirka dirka Muhammed jihad.

Registered
    Sep 2010

I don't know about conservatives, but I know that liberals can be really, really, REALLY fucking stupid about satire. I've watched other online communities I belong to work themselves into a froth of righteous outrage over a piece of parody because OMG THIS IS SEXIST B/C IT IS LAMPOONING COMMON STEREOTYPES AND PORTRAYING CARICATUREs OF MISOGYNY INSTEAD OF SIMPLY SAYING IN CLEAR AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND LANGUAGE THAT MISOGYNY IS WRONG. HATE HATE YOU HATE WOMEN.

So it stands to reason some conservatives could have a similar blindspot about parody.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Fair enough. I just never saw it as a 'Team America, World Police' as something the average Liberal hated. Nothing at all like Faux News with Sarah 'Moosekiller' Palin, Carl "the Odious Liar" Rove and Glenn 'the dumbest man on TV and that is saying something' Beck.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Fair enough. I just never saw it as a 'Team America, World Police' as something the average Liberal hated. Nothing at all like Faux News with Sarah 'Moosekiller' Palin, Carl "the Odious Liar" Rove and Glenn 'the dumbest man on TV and that is saying something' Beck.
    You're leaving out Sean "Obama is a Muslim" Hannity. Captain of the dog-whistle team.

-Jim Rockford

PixieBob

I've publically made fun of RUSH myself. I'm pretty certain I have no blind spots...well...the misogyny thing perhaps, but you'd have to know my late mother...and I can take a hit with the best of them.

@ OliveLoaf...I am stiff with ANNNNTICCIIIIIIIIIII.....PATION to hear about your Gay Marriage Quota System and especially your Concealed Fire Arms for Toddlers Initiative. I'm at work right now...I work in a doctor's office, And I'm carrying a concealed compact 1911 style .45 auto resting in a crotch holster above my dick right now. Where would toddlers conceal their handguns? Or would you consider an Open Carry Initiative due to the diaper problem of shit causing rust.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

What are the concealed-carry laws in the Cayman Islands anyways?

PixieBob

depends on how much money you have. If you are a commoner, you can apply for a license to own a gun but no one can carry a gun. But if you have money, you can do what you damn well please. It's a small area and the police know who to not bother. The governor is currently reviewing the law with an eye toward ballistic testing of all licensed firearms. The NRA is keeping an eye on the situation, but after all, the Caymans are an annex of The Crown. (British Colombia)
    Last edited by PixieBob; 30 Mar 2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: sp

Registered
    Feb 2011

I hate conservative media! Especially that Colbert guy!

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Peeta Mellark View post
    I don't know about conservatives, but I know that liberals can be really, really, REALLY fucking stupid about satire. I've watched other online communities I belong to work themselves into a froth of righteous outrage over a piece of parody because OMG THIS IS SEXIST B/C IT IS LAMPOONING COMMON STEREOTYPES AND PORTRAYING CARICATUREs OF MISOGYNY INSTEAD OF SIMPLY SAYING IN CLEAR AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND LANGUAGE THAT MISOGYNY IS WRONG. HATE HATE YOU HATE WOMEN
    So it stands to reason some conservatives could have a similar blindspot about parody.
    I think this is a function of self-righteousness and extreme partisanship, vs. a characteristic of a particular political philosophy. You see it on both sides.

PixieBob

Quote Originally posted by Ramses View post
    I just love Colbert...But I'm sure you know he's a liberal and just doing a parody of a conservative, which is why I like him so much.

PixieBob

Gime an "R", Gimme a "U"

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by PixieBob View post
    Quote Originally posted by Ramses View post
    I just love Colbert...But I'm sure you know he's a liberal and just doing a parody of a conservative, which is why I like him so much.
    Yes, I'm sure that seems comfortingly familiar to you.

Mi parolas esperanton malbone Trojan Man's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2010

Quote Originally posted by PixieBob View post
    'Team America, World Police' is the most dramatic, sweeping, and socially relevant modern day film ever produced?
    This movie absolutely is all you say it is, and I don't consider myself Liberal, Conservative, Communist,, whatever... Am I being whooshed?

PixieBob

shut up Sarah...you are screwing up all my fun. Prehistoric BitchSlapper.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Bwah ha ha.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    Bwah ha ha.
    You drinking? You know, fine if you are. Just asking.

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Oliveloaf View post
    Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    Bwah ha ha.
    You drinking? You know, fine if you are. Just asking.
    Heavens, no. You know I never touch the stuff.

Registered
    Sep 2010

Team America. FUCK YEAH!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

Russia sucks!

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2010

Free Masons run the country!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Jesus was a Free Mason. So was Soupy Sales. And Obama.

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Sep 2010

Jesus was not a mason. He was a carpenter. Geez. Obama, on the other hand, is quite skilled with stonework.

Registered
    Mar 2009

My bad.

-Jim Rockford

PixieBob

NP...the Free Masons (and the Stone Masons) threw Obama out when they realized he was not really Black.

Registered
    Mar 2010

Obama, he's left-handed! You KNOW that means he's EVIL!!! REPENT, EVIL ONE!!!

PixieBob

That reminds me of some psych study I read about in the 70's while I was getting my BA in psych...there were, at that time, enough studies to suggest a link between left-handedness and a lower intelligence level. really.

Unfortunately, there are always exceptions to the rule when large scale statistical studies show possible links. Obama, regretfully is one of them.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by spitz View post
    Obama, he's left-handed! You KNOW that means he's EVIL!!! REPENT, EVIL ONE!!!
    My mother was a lefty, she was forced to switch when she began writing. I'm sure that's why she's a spaz now.

-Jim Rockford

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm left-handed. I'm also brilliantly awesome. And not evil. Totally.

The sulphurous smoke-clouds and bat-winged shadows are a stylistic choice.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Lefty.

-Jim Rockford

PixieBob

I have not yet received todays email which contains a prime liberal taunt...But I am continuing to check

+ Reply to thread