+ Reply to thread

Thread: Rainy Day Reading

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Rainy Day Reading

It's a drizzly, gray, hot-cocoa sort of day over here. The perfect time to curl up with a good book. For me, these kinds of days go perfectly with Sherlock Holmes stories, or mysteries in general.

What books are you drawn to on rainy days?

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I like comfort fiction, usually, on rainy days. Jennifer Chiaverini writes this series based around a group of quilters, and I really enjoy them. The new one I'm reading right now is called The Union Quilters and takes place during the civil war, so it's got some interesting historical info in it.

Registered
    Mar 2009

On a drizzly rainy day I love to read scary stories. Not fluffy urban horror which is just romance novels with fangs, but things that will leave me cowering under my blanket like I'm a ten-year-old. It's just the perfect combination. Going back to the Little House on the Prairie series again is always a good stand-by as well.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I don't favor any particular kind of books on rainy days, actually. If I have time to read, it'll be whatever is at the top of my bookstack (and I usually have at least two books underway at any given time).

+ Reply to thread