+ Reply to thread

Thread: Live sex demonstration at Northwestern University

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Live sex demonstration at Northwestern University

A professor at Northwestern University has caused controversy by staging a life sex demonstration for his human sexuality class. The demonstration happened outside the class, and attendance was totally voluntary. It consisted of a nude woman being penetrated by a sex toy, which apparently was a jury-rigged reciprocating saw ().

At first I didn't think much of this...another example of the crazy shit that goes down on college campuses. But after watching many stories and interviews with the participants on the local news, I started getting skeeved. Here's an article about the couple who provided the demonstration. They're heavily into kink, and she's an exhibitionist. This blog has a quote from her that says she "enjoys the attention, being seen by other people," which sounds like code for "yeah, people watching gets me off." So basically, despite all protests that this was about advancing knowledge about the female orgasm, the real reason that they volunteered for this was so she could satisfy her personal kink. That's a little too close to stealthily using people as sex toys themselves, and given that the professor hosted this event, seems a bit coercive, as well.

Any thoughts?

Registered
    Feb 2009

I wonder how much the students actually learned from this demonstration and how many of them who went along were female.

If the professor was giving a running commentary and pointing to the various physical responses that go on then it might well have been worth it. It would also have been about as sexy as a film shoot.

OTOH if they were only supposed to watch and keep quiet, it's just a sex show and the people are doing it for kicks.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I have trouble seeing this as coercive, since attendance was voluntary. And I'm not sure that someone who wasn't a bit of an exhibitionist would be able to get off in such a situation, so that doesn't bother me too much either. I don't think it necessarily negates the claim that she's interested in advancing knowledge. The two motives aren't contradictory.

However, it's college. Students can have their own "live sex demonstrations". So I am inclined to think that the professor is a creepy weirdo.

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    It consisted of a nude woman being penetrated by a sex toy, which apparently was a jury-rigged reciprocating saw ().

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    I have trouble seeing this as coercive, since attendance was voluntary. And I'm not sure that someone who wasn't a bit of an exhibitionist would be able to get off in such a situation, so that doesn't bother me too much either. I don't think it necessarily negates the claim that she's interested in advancing knowledge. The two motives aren't contradictory.

However, it's college. Students can have their own "live sex demonstrations". So I am inclined to think that the professor is a creepy weirdo.
    I say for sure to that last part.

By coercive, I meant that the professor's sponsorship of it gives it an air of legitimacy that IMO it wouldn't otherwise have. And, while the students were warned that it would be explicit, I doubt they were fully informed that they were going to be sort of underhandedly used as fap material for this woman, so I don't think it was truly informed consent.

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Well, nothing in college is really voluntary. If a professor invites you to a "voluntary" event related to your class, you're going to go to make a good impression.

I was invited to a professors musical performance elsewhere on campus. The whole class attended. Blowing it off seemed dangerous.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Perverts. More of this.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Oliveloaf View post
    Well, nothing in college is really voluntary. If a professor invites you to a "voluntary" event related to your class, you're going to go to make a good impression.
    I don't think that's necessarily true, especially not in the context of a live sex demonstration.

Registered
    Feb 2009

All I can say is:

"Dear Penthouse Forum: I never used to believe the letters you printed were true, until last Tuesday..."

Registered
    Mar 2009

This is really pretty funny. Rabbit and I have been traveling up the Pacific coast the past few days checking out universities for marine biology programs. A few moments before logging into the board, I'd commented that the further north we get the more wacky the universities get, to the point where I expect to soon find a campus comprised entirely of frolicking nude gender liberated persons dancing through a marijuana forest.

Thank you for not disappointing me, Northwestern University.

Registered
    Mar 2009

One of my professors used to teach a class on human sexuality in the media at Tulane. No live demonstrations that I'm aware of, but a field trip to Bourbon Street would have made perfect sense.
    So, I'll whisper in the dark, hoping you'll hear me.

Registered
    Mar 2009

It's kind of funny, the last Northwestern U scandal that made the national news was when their Lacrosse team won the national championship, and they posed for the photo below at the White House. That time, it was the flip flops they wore that caused the controversy. Wearing flip flops to the White House, my heavens!

Registered
    Feb 2011

Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    I expect to soon find a campus comprised entirely of frolicking nude gender liberated persons dancing through a marijuana forest.
    It's in Berkeley.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Ramses View post
    Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    I expect to soon find a campus comprised entirely of frolicking nude gender liberated persons dancing through a marijuana forest.
    It's in Berkeley.
    Yep.

+ Reply to thread