+ Reply to thread

Thread: Any ideas/recipes for using Polska Kielbasa that don't involve sauerkraut?

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Any ideas/recipes for using Polska Kielbasa that don't involve sauerkraut?

I love Polish sausage and sauerkraut, but my husband is not a fan of the latter. So, I'm trying to come up with recipes and ways of using the sausage that don't involve the kraut.

One thing I do with it is make sort of a mock cassoulet thing with chicken, white beans, etc, and sometimes I serve it with onion and perogi.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Awesome on the grill of course.

You could cook the Kielbasa seperate of course and then make both kraut for yourself and peppers and onions for others. They make great hogies that way.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I try not to make the kraut when he's in the house...he can't even stand the smell! But the grilling and hogie ideas are good, though, thanks!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Mom always made boiled dinner, with kielbasa, potatoes, carrots and cabbage. It's total comfort food for me and my son.
    We also like to slice it into diagonal-ish coins and throw them into a skillet with some bbq sauce and honey. I toss a little water in at first to get the sauce and honey all mixed well. Cook it on med-low heat, stirring once in a while, and just let them keep cooking down to a lovely sticky bbq-ness while you assemble the rest of the meal.
    Science flies you to the moon; religion flies you into buildings.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Assemble the rest of the meal? Who needs a rest of the meal with that lusciousness going on?! I'm gonna try both of those, for sure, thanks QT.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Hope you enjoy!
    Science flies you to the moon; religion flies you into buildings.

+ Reply to thread