+ Reply to thread

Thread: The Bodyguard remake

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default The Bodyguard remake

Yup, Hollywood's current trend of cannabalising itself continues with a remake of The Bodyguard which did star Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner. I'll be honest, this film is one of my guilty pleasures, despite it being real popcorn fodder.

But I am curious to see how they are going to update the film. Apparently instead of an ex-secret service agent, it's going to be an Iraq war vet, along with more focus on cyber stalking axcross the internet.

Also who they are going to get to play the main roles. I'm sure singers like Rihanna will get a mention and tough guys like Jason Statham can be the bodyguard. Or maybe role reverse and have Justin Bieber be protected by Demi Moore's world weary veteran.

Or perhaps even the ultimate, Justin Beiber and Jason Statham in the main roles.

So how would you update it, and who should play the main roles.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Ke$ha and Vin Diesel sounds frighteningly believable for the two main roles. It's not so horrifying because it's crazy and impossible. It's horrifying because it could happen.

Now, I think Justin Timberlake would make a fine stalking victim/superstar. He could be protected by Charlize Theron, who will find herself falling in love with him despite her best intentions as she drags him back from the brink of death time and time again. Some might say that his weeping and cowering is unmanly, but Theron knows that he hides the heart of...a pop diva.

Registered
    Mar 2009

That's a movie I'd ruin a white shirt for.
    So, I'll whisper in the dark, hoping you'll hear me.

+ Reply to thread