+ Reply to thread

Thread: Anyone watching The Amazing Race tonight? (SPOILERS)

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Anyone watching The Amazing Race tonight? (SPOILERS)

I'm already rooting for the cowboys to win.

Most of the teams seem like they'll be fun to see again. Not so sure about Luke and his mother! They kind of annoyed me. And the goths, too.

My one hope is that they've all figured out how to drive stick by now.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm not looking forward to Luke and Margie, certainly.

I'm geeked about the cowboys, though.

Registered
    Feb 2009

How did the cowboys totally miss that they were supposed to say a phrase.

And the girl who's always pestering God...what was up with her adding a Saint to her repertoire? I'd assumed she was Protestant, but I guess I was wrong -- she was calling on St. Anthony, the patron saint of lost things, so she knew something about it.

Registered
    Mar 2009

No, she's definitely Catholic...they showed a scene from her original season where she was praying the Hail Mary. If it wasn't for that, I would have thought she was Protestant, too. The Catholics I know don't pray out loud much like that!

I wonder if somehow the cowboys are going to pull through this one. I'll be pretty bummed if they're the first to go.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Yay! The cowboys pulled it out, I'm glad about thatl. Whoever that was who was eliminated...Kris & somebody? Won't miss them...hardly knew they were there in the first place.

Kangaroo costumes? Come on, producers, you can do better than that...totally ridiculous. I liked the rest of that task, though, with the periodic table, very cool.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I started watching with the second episode (I don't generally care for the start or final leg of the race) and was utterly confused at the start of the episode since I didn't know they were continuing from the last one. This made me wish the format was more like this (say, you're only eliminated once you fall 24 hours off the lead or 12 hours from the next closest team).

I'm really liking the actual difficult challenges on this one, since they expect the racers to have some idea of what's going on. It's also good to see a bit more actual racing being done. On the other hand, some teams that managed to somehow get by will tend to fare poorly here. I'm looking at the cowboys, who went hours in a city without going somewhere that might provide information.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah, I always wonder how it happens that people seem to wander around forever, presumably hoping that they will stumble into the place they need to be? Maybe it's the editing, but it seems to happen a lot.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm happy the cowboys managed to pull it out, and that the team I didn't really remember was the first one eliminated.

It seems like they're going to have more clue-like clues for this run, which is a good thing, I think.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Yes, I agree with you guys, giving them actual clues, vs. "take a cab to X location," makes for a much more fun race.

+ Reply to thread