Athlete [6] (1)
    Brawling [5] (0)
    Detective [5] (1)
    Marksman [5] (1)
    Melee Weapons [6] (1)
    Psychology [5] (1)
    Stealth [5] (2)
    Thief [6] (3)

If anyone's interested, a page with a reference on Victorian slang can be found here: http://www.tlucretius.net/Sophie/Cas...ian_slang.html . Given my background, my character will probably throw a few of these out on occasion. However, my character history will be written straightforwardly for ease of everyone's reading, and since I'm presenting it as one side of a conversation I'm having with a prospective client who no doubt wouldn't understand a large portion of the slang anyway, my character would naturally be using more proper English anyway (though it will still be using a bit more modern terminology then would be typical for the era).

The scene: A non-descript tavern on London's East Side.

Ah, so the swell finally arrives. Didn't I tell you not to dress so conspicuously? This business arrangement isn't going to last very long if you insist on asking to get yourself killed. If you hadn't noticed, you don't really fit in around these parts. Here, change your coat for this one before you leave. And here's a bag to stash your existing coat in....Unless of course you'd rather leave your coat behind as a charitable contribution. Don't worry about the cost of the other coat, it's all covered under the standard expense fee I charge when your kind has need of my services. You might also want to mess up your perfectly coifed hair a bit. Maybe try to look a bit more disheveled.

I assume your trip was uneventful. You're welcome. Yes, it was because of me that you arrived here safely. I assume my contacts informed you that you would be given safe passage, and I have kept my word, haven't I? What do you mean you didn't see anyone? Of course you didn't! Maybe the circles in which you move are all about showing off how well guarded one is, but around here, if the enemy knows your strengths, they also know your weaknesses. The most dangerous enemy is the one that can't be seen. By not revealing the level of protection my clients and potential clients are afforded, I can control their fates a lot better. After all, you didn't see any protectors, but neither did you see any potential attackers. If clients of mine frequently came to harm, I wouldn't have much of a business now would I?

But where are my manners? Please, sit down. I've chosen a fine table in the back of this fine establishment where we can have some privacy, and also be far away from the door. No, not that seat, that one's mine. Yes, I know your back is going to be to the door, but I assure you, you are perfectly safe here, more-so than I am, actually. Hence, why this chair is mine. Relax, if anyone was going to harm you, they already would have. You have no enemies here, at least none that care who you are. People like you are pretty much viewed all the same in these parts. I on the other hand, run a fairly tight knit operation. And while I doubt any of them would ever make a move against me out of respect, at the same time, it's still survival of the fittest around here, and if someone offers them a better deal, they're unlikely to come to my rescue. So in some ways, my kind and yours aren't all that different. As you can see, I took the liberty of getting you a drink, on the house. It's probably not up to the level of spirits you typically imbibe, but unlike many places around here, The stuff here is actually palatable, won't leave you feeling like a horse kicked you, and has never been known to blind anyone, so it beats most of the other lusheries in these parts. So drink up, and let's get down to business.

Now, you tell me the specifics of what you need, and I'll determine the fee from that. What's wrong? Oh, you're the type who wants to know a bit more about someone before you do business with them. What is it with you people and needing to know everything about everyone at all times even if it doesn't amount to squat and has no bearing on the situation? It's not as if your type ever do anything to change it. But if it speeds this up, I'll humor you, though it's not as if my story is a unique one around these parts. My name as you know doubt already know is Toff. No, I don't want to know your name. First of all, I don't care, second of all, it's safer for both of us if I don't know who you are. And to answer your other question, Toff is indeed not my real name. I really don't know what my real name is, and even if I did, the reasons I wouldn't tell you my real name would be the same as the reasons I don't want to know yours. Anyway, if you stop interrupting me I'll continue. After all, you're the one that insists on these ridiculous pleasantries in the first place. Okay. I spent most of my childhood an orphan. At around 6 or so--at least I think it was 6, one never can be to sure about one's age when one has fallen through the cracks of society. But anyway, around 6 my parents disappeared. I never did find out what happened. One day we were all living in some shanty in Old Nichol Street. Oh, and might I mention, you should be glad I didn't schedule our meeting in that part of town. Even someone of my connections couldn't protect you there. So, one day I discover my parents didn't come home. It was just me there. It didn't many days of them being missing to figure out that something bad must have happened and it was unlikely that I'd see them again. So without many other options, in following a grand tradition stretching back for ages, I joined a gang consisting mostly of fellow orphans of various ages, all working together to increase our odds of actually seeing adulthood. It was either that or try my luck at an orphanage or a workhouse, but as I said, I actually wanted to see adulthood. Very few in my gang had the ambition I did, interestingly enough. While most were content to just beg and steal for food, I actually knew there was more to life. I honed my skills through the years, and began to take side jobs on an individual basis. Some in the gang knew about these jobs, but as long as I kept up with my responsibilities to the gang, they didn't really care. After all, it's not as if I was the only one exploring side opportunities. Additionally, by expanding into other areas, I increased the chances of finding out what happened to my parents. Not that I needed them at this point, but it's still important to know these types of things, don't you agree?

So I developed a network of clients, and as time went on and my reputation improved, so did the level of clientele and the variety of jobs. What started as some simple petty thefts on the side blossomed into everything from grand theft to spying to information brokering to just about any job that requires discretion and secrecy. You might be surprised who I've counted as my clients if I were to tell you, but I guess we'll never know for certain, since I don't ever reveal who's hired me. Just as no one will ever know you hired me. Other than those friends of mine assembled here, but I trust them with my life, and they don't know who you are, so you've got nothing to worry about. Now you might wonder why I'm as well spoken as I am given the standard education level in these parts. Well, let's just say I don't always charge money for my services and you can safely assume that some portion of my clientele has the means to educate me. I've even made enough that I have a modest little abode on the near West side. Nothing like you no doubt have, but a good sight better than what you'll find in this immediate area.

So that's my story. I won't ask you yours because I don't give a toss. Neither do I care why you need my services. You simply tell me what's required, and I'll name my price. Assuming you've been straight with description of the task, the price is largely non-negotiable unless you have a real good reason why I should be flexible. I do require half the cost up front, because I will need some seed money to get things rolling. Also, I need to pay off the people that ensured your trip here was uneventful. The other half of payment is due upon my turning the goods over to you. If I find out that the job was tougher than you describe, the final payment may increase before I deliver the goods. I won't screw you over; you'll have to trust me on that. But assuming you did your research, you already know this.

Now, if you decide not to conduct this business with me, I'll still need some money to pay off the protection I've provided. If not, well, I can't guarantee your safety out of this part of town. I'm a man of my word, and neither I nor any who work for me will harm you, but without payment, they have no incentive to prevent any unaffiliated parties from trying something. You know how it is. One more thing, I don't do assassinations. Death in general is bad for business. If you want someone killed, look somewhere else.

So now that that's all said, what is it you need me to do?
    Last edited by Hoopy Frood; 16 Feb 2011 at 10:27 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally posted by What Exit? View post
    Well lets see, I build and fly Rigid Airships and I am wooden and inflexible and like to think of myself as an adventurer and explorer. Perhaps I can train dogs to obey me.

If the party does not object, I think I will go with Soul = 1. I'll crunch the final numbers tonight once I hear back.
    If you want a Soul of 1 that's fine, but if Ian has to work with Lore (Soul 3) for navigation I can foresee some...interesting personality conflicts there.

Quote Originally posted by Malacandra View post
    Talking of crunching numbers, I presume the rank and (minor) wealth will come in useful often enough to justify the points. Otherwise I'll adjust the character profile to make it just window-dressing, and spend them on something more useful.
    Because this is the only character with that sort of background and he's going to be very useful to me for justifying bringing everyone else together, I'm willing to give you the rank and minor wealth for free.

Right now I have a sheet from everyone who has said they're interested in playing. Once I have all of the sheets finalized, I can start the game. It will likely either be Friday or Monday, as I'm busy all weekend.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I updated mine above. Lore O'Cuinn will probably either need to humor Ian like the asocial misfit Ian is or just treat me as an auto-pilot. Ian would understand that. Odds are he will get along with Captain Neill MacAndrew RE well.

I went with the soul = 1. I will probably be overly confident in most situations and very nervous around women or obnoxious if I think they might be for hire. He will have failed at ever having a meaningful relationship. I'm thinking Ian has a little of Sheldon from BBT and a little Zapp Brannigan from Futurama in the mix. He is good at a lot of things but not great at any. His airship designs are good but not the best. Though he works with a small team to make them better then he would on his own. Perhaps that is how Captain Neill MacAndrew RE knows me.

Malacandra, does that last bit sound reasonable?
    Last edited by What Exit?; 17 Feb 2011 at 11:34 AM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Jim, that sounds fine - MacAndrew is more into high explosives and what you might call "civil engineering" but keeps abreast of current trends in science and engineering in general. Perhaps he has some innovative ideas on the use of geodesics in airframe design.

Peeta, thanks. In that case I'll add the following:
    BUSINESS [7] cost (1) - The MacAndrew estates are professionally managed these days, but Neill is far too much the canny Scot to put himself in a position where an unscrupulous manager could pull the wool over his eyes.
    MELEE WEAPONS [6] cost (1) - Traditionally the clan heir is trained with the claymore, dirk and sgian dubh. Neill carries a set about with his belongings to wear with ceremonial dress, but they are by no means ornaments.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Stegodon
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Are we choosing our equipment now as well?

Toff's equipment for the most part is fairly standard. He carries 4 daggers/throwing knives (if you distinguish between the two types, 2 of those are daggers, 2 are throwing knives). He carries a dagger and throwing knife on his belt. Another dagger is concealed in his boot and another throwing knife is hidden in a difficult to find pocket in his cloak. His only other regular weapons are two flash grenades (most likely magnesium based given the technology), two smoke grenades, and two bags of caltrops. (Always want a backup of everything.)

He wears simple clothes, usually leather, hide, and linen.

He also carries a standard set of thieving implements including various lockpicks, a pocket knife, forceps, a set of knitting needles, standard needles, small magnifying glass, small mirror, a couple shims, and a spool of catgut thread (roughly the same size as your standard spool of thread, used for tripwires and such). He also carries a 5 oz flask of gin (it's a disinfectant, a painkiller, an accelerant, and well, it takes the edge off when needed), a pocket lighter, a stick of sealing wax, a small glass vial of opium (he doesn't use it himself but it serves its purposes in other ways), and a small glass vial of acid. Both vials are stoppered and about an ounce in volume.

Additionally, he owns a pocketwatch with a chain. It appears under casual observance and even intense scrutiny by the untrained to be an ordinary Victorian steampunk-style pocketwatch. However, if you turn the winding mechanism a few clicks one-way, and then a few clicks the other-way, and then press on it a few times, and then turn it again a few clicks, etc., the back will pop open to reveal a small compartment that can conceal an item small enough to fit. He enjoys it more for the novelty than anything, since very few things are small enough to fit in there, though. However, he has used it to store the occasional rare coin and potentially incriminating note.

And if you allow this sort of thing (since this is steampunk) he carries a set of 20 pitons that have a small explosive charge in them that allows them to embed themselves in standard rock. (Hard rock such as granite would require a charge that wouldn't be classified as "small".)

He also keeps at home a courier bag containing a few more implements that he only uses when he has a specific reason to need them. His most prized possession is a smallish scoped compound crossbow he was given as payment for a job he did for a well-respected weapon craftsmen. It uses a reliable pulley system to increase the power so that the crossbow is more concealable if he keeps it on his person, at least enough to avoid casual notice. But obviously anyone who is looking for it on him will notice it with little difficulty. The crossbow can fire standard crossbow bolts like any crossbow, but that's not why he has it. The craftsmen designed it with attachments that allow it to fire pretty much any reasonably aerodynamic item, including a grappling hook, pitons, and the occasional grenade or other small round-type object. Also in the bag is 50 ft of rope; a grappling hook; writing materials and paper; and maps of various London neighborhoods that are mostly inaccurate, so that someone unfamiliar with the neighborhood will get more lost than they would if they hadn't had the map in the first place.

And he keeps his house sufficiently secured. That and he's got an arrangement with the local beat cops to pay particularly close attention to anyone else paying particularly close attention to his place. Not all business is about money after all.
    Last edited by Hoopy Frood; 18 Feb 2011 at 12:03 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

You've done this before haven't you Hoopy Frood

Peeta, want would you like in terms of character description and equipment?
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Sep 2010

A brief description of the character in terms of build is fine (the difference between someone thin and tall or short and heavy might be important in game), though more flavor is great for filling in the gaps. Whatever equipment your character is likely to habitually carry would be good for now, and you'll have an opportunity to make some requests IC soon.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Oct 2009

As far as build goes, my character's 5'8" and 154 lbs.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Here's my character; thanks to Peeta and What Exit? for their helpful feedback. Bonus points for those who spot all the in-jokes and homages herein:

Franklin "Frank" Boyd
    British male, age 35 (b. Sept. 1, 1837)
    Body: 5 - 7 points
    Mind: 4 - 5 points
    Soul: 3 - 3 points
    Magic: 0

Skills:
    Athlete 8 - 3 point
    Brawling 5 - 0 points
    Linguist 5 - 1 point (English, Hindi, German)
    Marksman 5 - 1 point
    Military Arms 9 - 5 point
    Stealth 3 - 0 points

Boyd was born in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, the only child of solidly middle-class parents. He yearned for glory and adventure from his earliest days. He joined the Royal Marines as soon as he came of age, and the influence of a reclusive family friend secured him a commission as a lieutenant. He received excellent reviews from his superiors and seemed destined for a long and distinguished career.

After several years at sea aboard HMS Implacable, and detached service studying U.S. Navy blockading techniques aboard USS Brattleboro during the American Civil War, he applied for and was assigned to Her Majesty's Imperial Indian Dirigible Service. There, he served aboard HMIID Thoroncir and Cuchulainn, showing great skill and courage, and winning a chestful of medals. Boyd enjoyed life in India, and spent as much time as possible roaming the countryside, hunting, hiking, exploring and learning about the varied native cultures. On his many travels he met the young and pretty Louisa Hunt, daughter of a British expatriate businessman. They fell in love and were married within the year.

When Boyd learned of theft and embezzlement at the Dirigible Service's principal base in Hyderabad, he felt he must personally look into it, as he had doubts as to the integrity and investigative skills of the base's provost marshal. He soon learned that both that officer and the commander of the base, Rear Admiral the Earl of Grantham, were profiting from rampant criminality there. They became aware of his inquiries and soon framed him for their own misdeeds. Boyd was court-martialed and convicted. "By the gracious intervention of His Lordship the Earl, in recognition of Capt. Boyd’s heretofore-spotless record" (as the sealed court-martial file put it) he was spared a prison term and permitted to resign his commission rather than be forced from service in disgrace. Soon afterwards, Louisa died while giving birth to their twin daughters at the base hospital, leaving Boyd devastated. He has come to suspect, but cannot prove, that the Earl may actually have played a role in their deaths.

Grieving and embittered, Boyd left Hyderabad and spent most of the next year drowning his sorrows in alcohol. He served intermittently as a bodyguard for various colonial worthies in Calcutta before realizing that his drinking was threatening to destroy him (he now drinks only on rare occasions). He returned to Great Britain and spent almost a year in virtual seclusion on the windswept Scottish island of Uffa, living off his Marine pension and savings, thinking over what to do with his life but finding few answers.

Boyd made his way to London and did further bodyguard work, including for a particularly clever but paranoid stockbroker, who gave him several useful tips. After some canny investments, Boyd became quite well-off and in time joined the Diogenes Club, which suited his solitary temperament very well. He undertook several confidential and dangerous assignments in London and its environs for a fellow Club member, further improving his bank balance. Recently, his old wanderlust has returned, his spirits have lifted a bit, and he is of a mind to go a-roving once more.

Boyd is of average height, strong and wiry, with hazel eyes, a lean, lined face, dark hair and a full but neatly-trimmed beard. He is a skilled outdoorsman and a crack shot with either pistol or rifle; he can also wield a saber to deadly effect. His experiences in Hyderabad have made him scornful of privilege and aristocracy, giving him decidedly republican sympathies, although he is not a particularly political man. Raised in the Church of England, he is now agnostic. Boyd is friendly but generally quiet, with an air of calm confidence and a wry sense of humor. He loves books and is fond of sweets. He suffers occasionally from sleeplessness when he thinks of his late wife, his lost daughters, and the terrible injustice done to him.
    Last edited by Zuul; 24 Feb 2011 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Fixed by request.

Registered
    Sep 2009

nm - duplicate post
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 21 Feb 2011 at 11:44 PM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Neill MacAndrew relies on ingenuity rather than a great hoard of personal effects, but he carries about a trunk-load of useful equipment, some of which is small and portable enough to be carried in a writing-case. These include a set of laboratory glassware and instrumentation such as a thermometer, barometer, manometer and micrometer and an assortment of drills, taps and dies, as well as some spools of varnished copper wire suitable for small electrical engineering tasks.

He keeps on his person a small notebook written in fine print containing useful facts and figures, though much of it is committed to memory and MacAndrew can without difficulty recite formulae and procedures for preparing any number of chemicals and explosives from scratch. His pocket chronometer has two sets of hands, one permanently set to Greenwich time and the other to be synchronised with local noon. He prefers to load his own ammunition for his firearms and uses a smokeless powder of his own devising.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Feb 2009

Nate has been living out of a set of suitcases for the past few months in rented accomodation as he is keeping fairly quiet about events in the not so distant past.

One large trunk is full of clothes, bits and bobs and everything which is replaceable, one smaller but very fancy and intricate case contains his stage wear, a fine suit, a crystal ball, fine silks, a wand with a crystal in the base, and other accountrements used for carrying out a seance.

A final small leather case contains several books and papers on the occult along with a pack of tarot cards, a pack of normal cards, as well as a personal diary detailing what has happened, what events he has to attend and any insights he may have.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Klara travels with the following:

- a trunk of clothing and toilet items

- a battered and over-stuffed travel desk, containing a large amount of papers and notebooks. This appears to be very disorganized and barely legible to anyone but Klara. Also plenty of pens, inks, and pencils.

- a small collection of mathematical gadgetry, including slide rules and an arithmometer.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Lore is 5' 8" and about 160 lbs.

He carries a bag with him that contains a few changes of clothes and basic toiletries. In addition he usually carries an assortment of writing utensils and navigational tools to supplement what is (hopefully) available on the ships he boards.

He also carries a pistol.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Ian travels lightly most of the time. He would carry a small pistol and cash. When on the job he would have trunks of stuff related to drafting and tools for tinkering and building.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Dr. Lefevre is 5'9" and 140lbs, tending to look a bit taller than he is because of his lanky build. When he travels he has a small trunk for a modest collection of clothing and personal items, as well as a leather medical bag stocked with basic equipment and medicines and four iron darts for throwing.

Among his personal items are several notebooks, pencils, pens and ink, as well as a Super Subminiature Box Camera for taking photographs of animals or unusual physiology.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post

Skills:
    Athlete 8 - 4 point
    Shouldn't this be a 9 (i.e. Body 5 + 4)?

Brawling 6 - 0 points
    And this should be a 5 (I.e. Body 5 + 0)

Stealth 4 - 0 points
    This should be 3 (i.e. Body 5/2 rounded up).

And you've got 26 points figured in. I think you must have modified a few things and didn't update the points correctly.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Thanks, but those are the numbers our GM provided to me. If they need to be corrected, of course I will consent.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Looks to me like Athlete was supposed to have 3 points spent on it and was typoed to 4. Athlete 8 would have the right number of points add up, aside from the error with Brawl and Stealth, which I'd made on my sheet the first time around too.

Registered
    Sep 2010

Crap. I didn't save the PM where I'd sent Elendil's Heir those numbers, but the mistake is definitely mine. Should be:

Skills:
    Athlete 8 - 3 point
    Brawling 5 - 0 points
    Linguist 5 - 1 point (English, Hindi, German)
    Marksman 5 - 1 point
    Military Arms 9 - 5 point
    Stealth 3 - 0 points

Sorry about that.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No problem, and thanks.

What Exit, do you think you could use your Mello powers and paste the correct figures into post 59, above?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Just curious What Exit?, but is it Spenser or Spencer?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    No problem, and thanks.

What Exit, do you think you could use your Mello powers and paste the correct figures into post 59, above?
    I've now fixed it for you.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post
    Just curious What Exit?, but is it Spenser or Spencer?
    Spencer, did I screw it up somewhere already? We know I am extremely prone to spelling mistakes.

I just checked, it looks like I have been consistent. Though Elendil's Heir has it wrong in one post of the game thread. (Which is no big deal I think and not worth an edit.)

My parents would be Lady Louisa Spencer-Churchill & Hon. Robert Spencer, son of Francis Spencer, 1st Baron Churchill. With my birth date of 1841, my mother would have been 21 at the time. This just barely works. This of course differs from actual history but hopefully won't matter to the game.
    Last edited by What Exit?; 24 Feb 2011 at 01:52 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

In your first post in the game thread. Threw me off, but now I see it's spelled with a C elsewhere.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    In your first post in the game thread. Threw me off, but now I see it's spelled with a C elsewhere.
    Oh, crap and I got it right in the business card.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I've now fixed it for you.
    Much obliged!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Oh, crap and I got it right in the business card.
    It's why I asked.

I'll go and fix it in the other three posts as well then.

Registered
    Sep 2010

I have some projects I need to finish up for school, so am going to be spotty here until Monday. However, by Monday morning eastern time (assuming I haven't died from all-nighters) you should expect a massive Beginning of Actual Adventure Post.

And my chimp-like scrawlings to give you a visual idea of what the ship will look like.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Looking forward to it. Roll on the plot.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Hear, hear!

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

So, Peeta, which of these ladies does Frau Friedrich most resemble?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Or maybe:

or

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    "YES. YES. Say it. He vas my... BOYFRIEND!"

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Or maybe:

I didn't know this picture, but I just knew it had to be Nurse Ratched even before I checked the url...
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Feb 2009

Please let me know if I am playing Ian Spencer too annoying. I'm just trying to establish the character for now.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I find him pretty entertaining so far.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Me too. Keep it up!

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Has anyone heard from Peeta at all? It looks like he hasn't been back here since the 9th ...

Registered
    Feb 2009

Well this could be the shortest game ever.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Rabbit and I just poked Peeta off-board. I'll try contacting him again to drag him back to us.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Well this could be the shortest game ever.
    No. I think that was the Spirit of the Century that Omi on the Dope was running. It never even started. Which was a shame, I had a really fun character.

Registered
    Sep 2010

I have been suitably (and semi-publicly) shamed.

Now I'll try to kill y'all in apology.

Registered
    Sep 2009

We won't be nearly so happy you've returned if you try that.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I see you're in charge again, Malacandra.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Just don't expect MacAndrew (who was meant to be The Spock, not The Kirk) to be as charismatic a leader as Gil-Gandel.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Mar 2009

Sadly, for the most part we're a pretty uncharismatic bunch. Nate and "Raoul" have the highest Soul ratings. God help us all.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Ian just wishes that Polka music was already invented. That is how much soul he has.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Ian just wishes that Polka music was already invented. That is how much soul he has.
    Clearly he hasn't been to Central Europe.

Registered
    Sep 2010

Elendil's Heir, you're correct about SOS. And I see its predecessor CQD wasn't being used at this time either. We'll use the historically accurate HELP from here on out.

Just to clarify, the First Mate answers only to the Captain and is in charge of the ship's safety. After him come our Navigator, Pilot, and Engineer. None of the other characters were given specific duties regarding the operation or defense of the Cassowary. They can assist, but there is a chain of command in place.

+ Reply to thread