Thread: Zuul’s Comments in GB’s Mellophant Post-Mortem Thread

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

You're a better man than I.

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I can try and brighten the mood. I am known for bringing happiness wherever I go.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

"I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    May 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    I enjoy dissenting viewpoints. I HAVE dissenting viewpoints from a lot (most) of the people on this board. I want us to grow if that's at all possible, and I have to say that this thread of yours is far more damaging to Mellophant than anything any of us said over at GB. People here who don't like drama will have one more reason to say it's not worth it. And people who aren't here will have one more reason to decide they don't think they want to stop by. Why would they want to drop by in the middle of some internal drama?
    I've been reading this a lot lately. People want dissenting opinions but they don't want drama. Could you explain the difference for me?

Maybe I'm missing a piece of what makes something drama, but for me, generally when someone disagrees with someone else (either their opinions or their behavior) and they point it out, it's generally a differing viewpoint. Then when people get defensive about it and start the 'no u', it becomes drama. How does the person bringing up the dissenting opinion start the drama?

While I'm asking, if Myrna felt like someone did something she wasn't pleased about, what was the correct way to handle this without creating drama?

I'm not being rhetorical or sarcastic, and I'm really hoping for a serious answer here. Maybe it's obvious to everyone else, but it isn't to me.

Registered
    Mar 2009

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Jul 2010

I've been on the internet a long time and I'm still in awe at how few questions are asked versus obvious sniping.

Not that I'm innocent of sniping -- I'll fire at anyone I think is a troll or just plain offensive --, but it's still sad to see a group of people splinter like this.

I hope this isn't a sign that any more people are checking out of Mello; while I never post here it's usually due to time constraints. I'm not exactly running around posting/chatting elsewhere on the internet in its stead. As for anyone on the GB or SDMB, you can keep them. I don't know how any of you read, or post, on either in any sort of regularity. They're abhorrent!
    comcast guy - m4m - 18 (nb)
    seem like we had that connection when we looked at each other
    you had a blue shirt on nice asss,dought you will see this but dosnt hurt to try, but id love to play with you. tell me what you where fixing, or the street name,or describe me.

Registered
    Mar 2009

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Heffalump View post
    While I'm asking, if Myrna felt like someone did something she wasn't pleased about, what was the correct way to handle this without creating drama?
    Myrna could have replied to the GB thread in question and asked for an explanation of Zuul's comments. She did not.

Myrna could have contacted Zuul (or another mod, if that made her more comfortable) to discuss the issue privately. She did not.

Myrna could have posted a thread elsewhere and asked "Hey, Zuul? WHen you said X, what did you mean?" She did not.

What Myrna did was come to the board with what many of us see as half-baked accusations in what many believe is a direct attempt to pick a fight with Zuul. Considering previous actions of this nature, I'm not inclined to give Myrna the benefit of the doubt in the least.

Quote Originally posted by Panther Squad View post
    I hope this isn't a sign that any more people are checking out of Mello; while I never post here it's usually due to time constraints.
    From what I can tell, it's not. The people talking about why they don't post here...don't post here. Some of the people who do post here, including Zuul, are paying attention to why those non-posters aren't posting.
    So, I'll whisper in the dark, hoping you'll hear me.

Registered
    Mar 2009

-Jim Rockford

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Well done Myrnalene, best thunderdome thread in the bunch. I'd try and comment on any of the issues in here, but you all know I'm an arrogant stubborn hateful bastard. That's why I rock.

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by hatesfreedom View post
    I'd try and comment on any of the issues in here, but you all know I'm an arrogant stubborn hateful bastard. That's why I rock.
    Wrong as usual, hates. You rock because you can interject a bit of controversy and disagreement into threads. I miss your contributions.

Registered
    Mar 2009

As for anyone on the GB or SDMB, you can keep them. I don't know how any of you read, or post, on either in any sort of regularity. They're abhorrent!

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Frankly the GIFs that oliveloaf keeps insisting on poasting is the most disturbing thing about this thread.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by The Original An Gadaí View post
    Frankly the GIFs that oliveloaf keeps insisting on poasting is the most disturbing thing about this thread.
    There is not nearly enough rage in this post, AG. I expect better of you.
    So, I'll whisper in the dark, hoping you'll hear me.

Registered
    Mar 2009

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Feb 2009

Is that Dinah?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit? View post
    Is that Dinah?
    Yup. She can brighten up any room.

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

For a moment I thought maybe it was Doris Day or a young Rosemary Clooney, both room brighteners in their own right.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Rosemary Clooney has one song that I love to no end. Something like, "come on come on to my house and have a piece of cake." Man she had a voice.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Oh wow, no kidding. Queen Tonya turned me on to "Bette Midler Sings The Rosemary Clooney Songbook" which is so great that I searched and found all of Rosemary Clooney's original recordings of the covers Bette did. Check it out, I don't think you'll be disappointed (especially if you like Bette Midler.)

Oops. Really sorry for the thread drift/hijack. I'm done now.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hey, we don't object to thread drift here in the T'dome

I found it:

Boy I love YouTube

Registered
    Mar 2009

Yup, that's it! I really suggest you check out the Bette album (it's not YouTubable, but I'll bet you could get someone to throw a copy onto a CD for you..gee, I wonder who would do that....)

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by 5er View post
    Yup, that's it! I really suggest you check out the Bette album (it's not YouTubable, but I'll bet you could get someone to throw a copy onto a CD for you..gee, I wonder who would do that....)
    I'll check with my sister first, she might have it, she was a big Bette fan.

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

/wasn't going to respond, but:

Look, don't mis-identify classic actors in my thread, that is fucking Doris Day goddamnit.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene View post
    /wasn't going to respond, but:

Look, don't mis-identify classic actors in my thread, that is fucking Doris Day goddamnit.
    Oh it was Doris Day.

Very happy you clarified that.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I meant Doris Day...my bad.

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Oliveloaf View post
    I meant Doris Day...my bad.
    Go forth and sin no more.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Mar 2009

Woohoo! I pegged it!

The Apostabulous Inner Stickler's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

[QUOTE=Marsilia;194188]
    Quote Originally posted by Heffalump View post
    Myrna could have replied to the GB thread in question and asked for an explanation of Zuul's comments. She did not.[quote]She cannot. Or have you not noticed the sorts of tags referring to myrna that GB loves to post to threads that she hasn't even posted in. GB will never listen to myrna because frankly, they're dillbags.
    What Myrna did was come to the board with what many of us see as half-baked accusations in what many believe is a direct attempt to pick a fight with Zuul. Considering previous actions of this nature, I'm not inclined to give Myrna the benefit of the doubt in the least.
    I'm disheartened to read this. Regardless of what you may think, nothing myrna posts is to pick a fight. If myrna says something is inappropriate or assy, it is because she truly believes that. Disagree with her opinions all you want but if you accuse her of being two-faced or spiteful, well then you don't know myrna as well as you think you do.
    I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.

The Apostabulous Inner Stickler's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I hope this isn't a sign that any more people are checking out of Mello; while I never post here it's usually due to time constraints.
    From what I can tell, it's not. The people talking about why they don't post here...don't post here. Some of the people who do post here, including Zuul, are paying attention to why those non-posters aren't posting.[/QUOTE]There's no point. When Exy was banned a shit ton of people fell over themselves congratulating Zuul for her actions and exclaiming that they were going to come back to mello. Who has? No one. No one there actually cares about mello, they care about talking shit about mello.
    I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.

אני אוהב יהודים!
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Inner Stickler View post
    When Exy was banned a shit ton of people fell over themselves congratulating Zuul for her actions and exclaiming that they were going to come back to mello. Who has? No one. No one there actually cares about mello, they care about talking shit about mello.
    I am genuinely curious. I was out of the country for six weeks when Exy was banned so I have no idea how many threads were made on GB about his departure here and fully admit I could be missing something. I did a search and found this thread. In that thread I found one person who said they'd come back now that Exy was gone. She is someone who has 127 whole posts at GB in almost two years and I've never noticed her talking about Exy before.

Perhaps there was another thread where people were saying they'd come back, but my search turned up nothing. Care to point out where to look?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Good morning Sleeps, nice to see you again.
    Welcome to Mellophant.

We started with nothing and we still have most of it left.

אני אוהב יהודים!
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Good morning to you I need to poke around and see what you've done with the place.

Registered
    Mar 2009

-Jim Rockford

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

GB will never listen to myrna because frankly, they're dillbags.
    Last edited by Kat; 30 Jan 2011 at 12:30 PM.
    Wow, WhyNot, you're brilliant! Especially on Thursdays!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Kat View post
    GB will never listen to myrna because frankly, they're dillbags.
    Please remember, he speaks only for himself and also I suspect he was drunk based on the time.

Certain people on both boards seem to have an us vs. them mentality. Most of us on both boards do not.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah like that cunt Zombies! has an us versus them thing going on for some reason.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Okay, two things. First, pot kettle black, dude. Second, hurling statements like that is inviting a board war, or if not a board war (because I doubt you'll find enough people on either board that care enough to make it a "war,") you're certainly beckoning some kind of splinter-board spat.

Why? I really don't get it. Why?
    Last edited by 5er; 30 Jan 2011 at 02:09 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Okay, two things. First, pot kettle black, dude. Second, hurling statements like that is inviting a board war, or if not a board war (because I doubt you'll find enough people on either board that care enough to make it a "war,") you're certainly beckoning some kind of splinter-board spat.

He's pissed right now as he wandered over to llama chat recently to say hi and Zombies! really laid into him for a year old minor joke on the dope apparently. But it is a good example, where this lashing out at each other just seems silly to me. Now on the other hand, I interacted with Zombies just last week in the new RPG forum and got no backlash at all and I don't think I've ever had a problem.

As you can guess, I wish these silly fights would stop and I know Zuul/Caerie and Sarahfeena agree with this. This latest round of stuff, the Mello being dead, this pit thread all happened just as Mello was picking up a little steam again. I hope it does nothing to derail it. Mello is slow, but Giraffe is a lot slower than it was a year ago too from what I can see. I still hope both boards continue along and thrive. Interboard raeg is not good for either.

Registered
    Sep 2010

It looks to me like Zombies dislikes a couple people, and everybody else was very welcoming and encouraging. She didn't seem to be directing anything at this board in general.

When I've lurked over there, it seemed like a fine, friendly board. A few people disliking a few specific people on this board (and vice versa) isn't the same as some kind of grudge and shouldn't be characterized that way. It's only going to create problems.

Registered
    Mar 2009

She started it cos she's a cunt with a grudge over one stupid jokey comment made ages ago.

Registered
    Mar 2009

As you can guess, I wish these silly fights would stop and I know Zuul/Caerie and Sarahfeena agree with this. This latest round of stuff, the Mello being dead, this pit thread all happened just as Mello was picking up a little steam again. I hope it does nothing to derail it. Mello is slow, but Giraffe is a lot slower than it was a year ago too from what I can see. I still hope both boards continue along and thrive. Interboard raeg is not good for either.
    As long as the Musicals thread sticks around, so will I.

Registered
    Mar 2009

She started it cos she's a cunt with a grudge over one stupid jokey comment made ages ago.
    I genuinely like Zombies, and I consider her a friend of mine.

But you're both acting like a couple of grudge-holding tards.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I genuinely like Zombies, and I consider her a friend of mine.

But you're both acting like a couple of grudge-holding tards.
    I'm holding no grudge. I react to hostility in kind. I'm sure she's a great friend to you but to me she's a cunt a complete and utter cunt. End of story.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Okay.

Registered
    May 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sleeps w/Butterflies View post
    I did a search and found this thread.
    Thanks for linking that thread. I missed the second half of it when it originally posted. How surreal that was.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Please remember, he speaks only for himself and also I suspect he was drunk based on the time.
    Jim, I love you but what the fuck, man? Sticks has his own reasons for not liking GB and please don't try and diminish his opinions like that. He's said similar things before. He said in this thread that I always say what I mean, and now I have to pay him the same compliment.

I know you don't want people to fight but don't do that, dude.

ETA: Zombies has a hate-on for Aggie which seems to be a left-over from this thread where a bunch of total bastards jumped on Aggie because he had the audacity to be from Mellophant.
    Last edited by Myrnalene; 30 Jan 2011 at 04:46 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Peeta Mellark View post
    When I've lurked over there, it seemed like a fine, friendly board. A few people disliking a few specific people on this board (and vice versa) isn't the same as some kind of grudge and shouldn't be characterized that way. It's only going to create problems.
    In any group of people you're going to have some people who vocally or silently dislike others, that's just a sign of baseline normalcy.

Most Raffers are fine. Just remember the following rules when approaching anyone at the GB: 1) make no sudden movements, 2) speak in a calm soothing voice and 3) do not make eye contact; that is considered a form of threat.

Registered
    Sep 2010

Is it true that feeding them can actually increase the danger?

Registered
    Mar 2009

-Jim Rockford

Closed thread