Closed thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Zuul’s Comments in GB’s Mellophant Post-Mortem Thread

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Peeta Mellark View post
    Myrnalene, look at this post. Now go read what you linked to and identified as hate speech in your OP. You've responded to hatesfreedom since this post so you must have seen what he wrote.

..........What I find problematic is a straight, cis ally who wants to lecture queer people on how they should behave while engaging in the exact behavior she's lecturing them on.
    I wanted to be done with this whole thing, but I missed this earlier and I feel I must respond. Because Peeta's got a point here.

hates, you and I were buddies from the beginning of Dumbo, but the stuff Peeta just quoted was crap. You have said similar stuff before, and I will tell you now what I told you then - it's not funny, it's not cute and I don't condone what you say or respect you for saying it.
    Last edited by Myrnalene; 01 Feb 2011 at 08:16 PM.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

ARE YOU CUNTS STILL AT IT?

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene View post
    hates, you and I were buddies from the beginning of Dumbo, but the stuff Peeta just quoted was crap. You have said similar stuff before, and I will tell you now what I told you then - it's not funny, it's not cute and I don't condone what you say or respect you for saying it.
    hah. Yah I'm totally going to stop calling people whiners. You're welcome to feel whatever way you want about me. I like who I am.

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

See there is a thing called "reclaiming".

I would explain to you what it is but 1) if you cared to know, you would know already 2) you don't care, you're just playing gotcha ya.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Mar 2009

So, Exy can "reclaim" the word faggot, but those of us who have mentioned that we're not offended by that link that seemed to scandalize you so need to be screeched at about the oppression of the queer community? Do you even understand the double standard there, Myrna? Do you get the straight cis paternalism inherent in what you've said here? You don't get to tell me, or Zuul, or Rabbit, or anybody else who is actually queer what we're supposed to be offended by. You don't get to screech about the "hate speech" of someone who's not a part of your inner circle, then ignore hates (until a Real Gay Man like Peeta calls you out) and defend Exy's use of that word.

It's not your responsibility, and it sure as hell isn't your right. Off the top of my head, I can think of at least a couple of people (other than myself) who've posted here, whom you and your buddies have shouted down, that are actually living the oppression you like to yell and scream about. It's not an abstract for us. It's real fucking life. So, you'll have to pardon us* if we don't find words said in obvious jest by someone whose only "crime" against our community is using a silly word in a way that doesn't even denigrate queer people all that offensive. We have to deal with real issues and real battles.

Quite frankly, the Great Fagtastic War isn't a battle I feel like fighting.
    Last edited by Marsilia; 02 Feb 2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: On second thought, don't pardon us. We don't need your permission.
    So, I'll whisper in the dark, hoping you'll hear me.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Could we let this die? I mean Myrna does even post here anymore outside of this thread.

Let's talk about Eqypt and Jordan or plays some games. There isn't enough of us left here to get in an uproar over this stuff. Most of us think Myrna is wrong, some think she is right. There will be no consensus.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Myrna has already said she wants to be done with this thread. There's no worthwhile discussion going on and the only reason people have to keep posting in this thread is to poke at her again and make her defend herself. Let her be and go in peace.

Moderator note: Thread closed.

Closed thread