+ Reply to thread

Thread: Shoud I keep watching True Blood?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Shoud I keep watching True Blood?

I am almost finished with the first season. I do not understand this show at all. It is on 100 kinds of crack and every character is a shrieking lunatic, and there's a lot more crazed love-polygon nonsense than I usually go for. Also Bill Compton has the world's stupidest hair and I want ONLY BAD THINGS to happen to him forever and all time.

I assume that Eric will eventually do something besides standing around in a hot black tanktop and smirk, because I've heard about him on the internet.

ALso I am curious to see if Jason Stackhouse will ever stop doing the most perfectly wrong thing in all situations and being the DUMBEST HUMAN BEING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF TELEVISION.

I dislike Sam but i REALLY HATE Bill, but I assume on a show such as this, that bad things will continue to happen to both of them and that pleases me.

Terribly confusing, this show.
    Last edited by Orual; 12 Jan 2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: DIDN'T MEAN TO POST YET DAMMIT

Registered
    Mar 2009

Well, I'm a fan who's breathlessly anticipating the fourth season premier, so I may be the wrong person to pipe up. But, the truth is that you seem to have nothing invested in any of the characters, so you probably don't care what happens to them. The show is camp. If it's not your particular brand of camp, I would suggest dropping the series like a hot rock. It doesn't get "better."
    So, I'll whisper in the dark, hoping you'll hear me.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Well see, that's the thing (which clearly didn't come across in my initial post, due to me being non-eloquent) - I do find myself getting invested, despite the fact that I don't much like the main characters. Which is weird for me. I watched the first disc and thought "hmm, not quite my cup of tea". I took it off my Netflix queue and everything. Then I put it back on a couple of days later because I found myself wondering what was going to happen. And I think I do like Jason Stackhouse, despite him having the intellect and facial expressions of a brain-damaged Golden Retriever. Also Tara. And Lafayette. And PTSD Iraq-veteran guy. And ... Pam?

It's weird.
    Last edited by Orual; 12 Jan 2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: cannot spell

Registered
    Mar 2009

Lafayette is my most favorite ever! It might be worth it just for him.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

He is a very awesome individual. I would love for him and Eric and Pam to somehow go on crazy adventures.

Registered
    Mar 2009

That would be awesome. I will tell you the woman who plays Pam has been promoted to series regular for--I believe--the fourth season.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I dunno. First season I was kinda, well, this is OK and Anna Paquin sure is purty nekkid. Second season I was, hey, this is getting better, I'm really into this, and don't Anna Paquin look purty nekkid.

Third season I was like, please, somebody shoot Tara and Jason and Sam and I don't care who else, they are just wasting space where I could be watching Anna Paquin look all purty and nekkid.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I would love it if Anna Paquin would look purdy naked without that atrocious accent. We use "True Blood accent" as an insult at work, and pretty much everyone gets it.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

How are the other accents? I must admit, the way Bill says "SSSSsssssoooookkkkeehhhh" makes me giggle.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Jason does Big Dumb Redneck well, Sam is...from NOLA, so he's cheating. Lafayette actually sounds like a slightly more butch version of a guy I used to work with

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

You gotta give Jason even more credit, considering he's Australian. Every time I hear him speaking in an interview it's like aural whiplash.
    Science flies you to the moon; religion flies you into buildings.

The Apostabulous Inner Stickler's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I would watch that too, Sticky. Because it's hilarious.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Holy shit the second season is smoking so much more crack. And there's a Maenad. That cannot be good in any way.

+ Reply to thread