+ Reply to thread

Thread: vBDrupal update

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default vBDrupal update

The front page has been fixed.

We also have a couple of new features.

On the right sidebar there is now a news aggregator, linking to stories on science and nature, world events, sports and entertainment.

We can also give blogging access to users who wish to run a blog on the front page. The blog entries will be published on the front page with a comment thread automatically created in the Front Page Articles forum. This is currently only available by request to posters in good standing, so if you want to blog on the front page you'll need to PM me.

Then there is the feature that combines these two: if you are a blogging user, you can click on a "blog it" button next to the news aggregator links and it will prepare a blog entry for you with a teaser on the story.

The articles linked in the news aggregator will change every few hours.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Sep 2010

Oh, I want a blog. Then I can rant at length about all of the things I hate that are far too petty for the Thunderdome. Let's see, TV Tropes, socks, runny eggs, kittens...

I'm curious about those FPA threads, though. If someone blogs about a news story can you then move their comment thread to the News Room?

Registered
    Mar 2009

After experimentation, yes we can. That's great.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

+ Reply to thread