+ Reply to thread

Thread: If you ate when hungry, slept when tired, would that be any different for you?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default If you ate when hungry, slept when tired, would that be any different for you?

I find that I rarely eat the moment I get hungry. For breakfast, I force down a bowl of cereal. For lunch, I am watching the clock for a good half hour before, my stomach pinging me. And then there's the occasional random case where I am starving even though I know I'm not hungry, or feeling full until I eat the first mouthful.

If I ate the moment I felt hungry, and no other time, I'd eat at very different times.

Same with sleeping - I go to bed at the same time each night, +/- an hour, because I know that if I don't I'm not going to sleep well. Too early, I wake up at an odd hour. Too late, I'm tired. My tiredness has little to do with it.

My brain dictates the schedule, my body just has to deal with it. Were my body dictating the schedule, my brain would not be thrilled.
    Something tells me we haven't seen the last of foreshadowing.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

If I ate when I was hungry, I'd probably never cook a meal. I'm pretty much hungry all the time, and therefore would be snacking my way through the day. When I was single, that was pretty much what I did, but now I feel obligated to have some kind of meal preparation for the children.

If I slept when I was tired, I would probably get a normal 8 hours, I'm not much of a napper. But it might be from midnight to 8 am, which is an awkward sleep schedule if you've got a day job. I would absolutely like to get more sleep than I'm currently getting, but I find it hard to wind down and sleep until at least 11 PM, and I gotta be up by 6.

Registered
    May 2009

If I ate when I was hungry, I'd probably have more sugar crashes. By the time my brain registers that my stomach is hungry, it's past the time when I need to eat to regulate my sugar. I don't have any kind of medical condition. It's just that I can feel it when my energy crashes from lack of food, and when I wait until I'm hungry, the energy lull can happen even after I've eaten.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I would probably eat less, and sleep more.

I think I'm naturally inclined to sleep about 9-10 hours. And I don't really get hungry 3 times a day. Maybe once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Without any sort of schedule at all, I'm not sure when I'd eat or sleep or how much of either. If I really get into doing something, I'll go without food or sleep. Not depriving myself for the sake of a schedule, but just unaware/unconcerned, I guess. I fail at basic survival.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Jul 2009

This would completely change my life. I'd sleep more and I'd probably eat more, but it would be spread out instead of in a few desperate meals.

+ Reply to thread