+ Reply to thread

Thread: Skype

Mi parolas esperanton malbone Trojan Man's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2010

Default Skype

I've tried to find info on Skype, but it's all confusing. How does it work? Is it free? Does it require internet connection? I have Skype on my computer, and want to fiddle with it but don't know how to.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

It is free, but you do have to have an internet connection. Basically, from what I understand of it, it's a way to talk to someone in another location via the web. I remember my boss set it up when his daughter was in Europe for a semester in college. He had a little video camera hooked up to his computer, and she had one too, and they could see and talk to each other with it in real time.

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I Skype my mother regularly. It's a free way to make phone calls over the internet if both parties have Skype set up. If you set up a camera (or have one built into your computer, like the MacBook Pro I use does) it includes images too.

I think there is also a way to pay for a Skype account that allows you to call "regular" phone numbers from your Skype account. It's much cheaper than long distance. Or so I hear, anyway.

Mi parolas esperanton malbone Trojan Man's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2010

I set up a Skype account yesterday, and set it to German, at the request of my german friend I caht with elsewhere. I just used the chat feature, but that went pretty well, and I feel acheived something!

+ Reply to thread