+ Reply to thread

Thread: Southern Rail are a bunch of lying bastards.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Southern Rail are a bunch of lying bastards.

Snow has hit Britain in a big way giving us weather we normally reserve for a couple of days in January. As a result, all the transport companies go into panic. Roads that should be gritted aren't when they let the gritters get snowed in is bad enough, but then we come to Southern Rail deciding how to run their train service.

I can understand some frustration from multiple broken down trains and the rails icing up because they cannot be arsed to take some proactive steps to keep the system running.

No, what I hate is filling up a train with passengers so it is completely packed and saying it will be stopping at all stations on route. Then you set off and take the fast line passing all those stations to somewhere 40 minutes down the line and then saying everyone should get off because there might be a train coming back up the line.

What's is fucking unbelievable is that they knew the line was blocked and they still sent the train down. They also knew that the chances of a train coming back up the line were small. The roads in the area were gridlocked so calls for finding a different way home were just not going to happen.

It would have been simple to tell everyone on the train that it was not going to stop, instead you stranded several hundred people in the cold miles from nowhere with no hope of getting home. It was 1 1/2 hours by the next train arrived, it was already packed with people trying to get home and only a few managed to get on.

No, they thought they would just lie to people to get them out instead of being honest with them. It could have been so much worse if no trains had been operating.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

This snow thing, you Londoners just don't seem to have a handle on it. I think you need to bring some Northern Scots down to supervise or something.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Whenever I hear the word "lying" I feel the need to quote He's Just Not That Into You.

Lying.
    Sack.
    Of Shit.

LYING.

SACK.

OF SHIT.
    Last edited by jali; 02 Dec 2010 at 01:16 PM.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

+ Reply to thread