+ Reply to thread

Thread: Do the TSA compensate travellers for missed flights?

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Do the TSA compensate travellers for missed flights?

I had a 2hrs 40 minute layover in Chicago O'Hare yesterday. I thought I would have plenty of time but get a bit nervous so went straight to the international terminal, and went to go through security. It took over 90 minutes. Had I got dinner or done some shopping as I had toyed with before going through security I would have missed my flight home.

Do the TSA have any responsibility to travellers as to how much time they can delay you by?

Had I missed my flight would they have had to provide an alternative?

How much time are you meant to give to get through TSA measures?

When I asked what was wrong they said that too many (5) flights had been scheduled for around the same time, but when I got to the security area, only 2 units were being utilised out of a possible 5. Also, I doubt 5 scheduled flights at the one time out of one of the world's busiest airports is that rare an occurance.

Sophmoric Existentialist
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I would fall over in a dead faint or probably actually fall over dead if the TSA compensated anyone for anything. They won't. I would bet the ranch on that.
    Sophmoric Existentialist

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

No, they won't compensate you for anything. Your warned that it may take several hours to get through security, but even if it took five they wouldn't care. On the bright side, airlines aren't required to use TSA anymore so if they want they can hire smaller private security companies instead. So maybe next time it'll be a more lean operation than the... inefficency of the current TSA.

+ Reply to thread