+ Reply to thread

Thread: Voting for or against abortion

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Voting for or against abortion

Possibly not quite what you think, but Pete and Alisha Arnold have set up a website www.birthornot.com to help them decide whether or not to become parents.

The catch, one might say, is that Alisha is already pregnant and the end date for the poll for deciding if they should keep the child or have an abortion is December 7th.

So, is this a good show of democracy in action and are they right to set up such a website or are the two people too immature to really have a child if they are asking for strangers on the internet to make the decision for them?

More details here
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

That's really pretty sick IMO.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm trying to reconcile these two being sick motherfuckers who shouldn't be allowed to procreate with "The Internet said so" being a terrible reason to get an abortion.
    So, I'll whisper in the dark, hoping you'll hear me.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Holy troll-o-meter, Batman!

They've put off having children for so long that they fear they subconsciously don't want children? And they are both thirty? They've been trying to get pregnant and have had two previous pregnancies end in miscarriage, and now that they finally have what appears to be a viable pregnancy they're talking about abortion?

It's a stupid plea for attention. Whether it's a hoax to rile up pro-lifers or if they're just demented geeks, I can't bring myself to care.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Stupid attention whores are stupid. If they do end up having the kid, I pity it.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

so sad

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

This would be almost comic if a baby wasn't at stake. This is truly disgusting.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Sep 2010

I'd be shocked if they're pregnant. But assuming Alisha is actually pregnant, if people are willing to let 4chan decide whether or not they should give birth I think it's better for all of us that their genetic line stops right there.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah, I'm further convinced it's a troll.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    Yeah, I'm further convinced it's a troll.
    Oh well. I will reserve by outrage for something else I don't fully research.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Mar 2009

If this is real (which I'm doubting) it's pretty damned scary. Getting opinions or advice from people you respect or who care for you is one thing. Throwing it out to the same community that has fixed polls to get the results to spell out words is just fucking boneheaded.

Quote Originally posted by Oliveloaf View post
    Can I interest you in protesting the LHC, Oliveloaf? They're back in the news.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by OtakuLoki View post
    If this is real (which I'm doubting) it's pretty damned scary. Getting opinions or advice from people you respect or who care for you is one thing. Throwing it out to the same community that has fixed polls to get the results to spell out words is just fucking boneheaded.

Quote Originally posted by Oliveloaf View post

Sure, I am like indignation in a can.

Can I interest you in protesting the LHC, Oliveloaf? They're back in the news.

-Jim Rockford

+ Reply to thread