+ Reply to thread

Thread: Battle: Los Angeles, or Michelle Rodriguez: A day in the corp is like a day on the farm.

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Battle: Los Angeles, or Michelle Rodriguez: A day in the corp is like a day on the farm.

Every meal a banquit! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade!

The ominous trailer, featuring Michelle Rodriguez and some guys who will most likely die painfully slow dramatic deaths. You will hug the shit out of your friends and cry your pussy assess off.

For years, there have been documented cases of UFO sightings around the world – Buenos Aires, Seoul, France, Germany, China. But in 2011, what were once just sightings will become a terrifying reality when Earth is attacked by unknown forces. As people everywhere watch the world’s great cities fall, Los Angeles becomes the last stand for mankind in a battle no one expected. It’s up to a Marine staff sergeant (Aaron Eckhart) and his new platoon to draw a line in the sand as they take on an enemy unlike any they’ve ever encountered before.
    Generally if you're rolling around in a platoon sized element and you get attacked by aliens, you might consider running the fuck away. No one would blame you, we all know what happened to the American Indians Filthy Irish Every African ANYBODY when they ran into a high tech society. But that's ok because you've got Michelle Rodriguez in your platoon, and she's so badass she got kicked off Lost just so she could go on to be even more of a badass.

"No seriously, Quantitative easing means just printing money corporal."

"That Skyline movie is total shit gunny and you know it."

So fuck yes for great movies once again, they're even going to make a sequel to Cloverfield! Which as everybody knows was probably the closest movie to greatness as can be reached by modern man without the help of Michelle Rodriguez.

Comes out 1-11-11, a day that you will never be able to forget.
    Last edited by hatesfreedom; 16 Nov 2010 at 02:52 PM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It is precisely for this that movie-making technology was invented.

Thanks, ferret.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Sweet, a "shit blows up real pretty" movie, too bad the inclusion of Michelle Rodriguez will prevent me from watching it.

ETA-Why did you use quotes from an awesome movie in the OP? Michelle Rodriguez doesn't deserve Colonial Marine quotes.
    Last edited by Revs; 16 Nov 2010 at 03:28 PM.
    Give me whiskey when I'm thirsty,Give me a cold beer when I'm dry, Give me root beer when I'm sickly, Give me a headstone when I die.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Revs View post
    Sweet, a "shit blows up real pretty" movie, too bad the inclusion of Michelle Rodriguez will prevent me from watching it.

ETA-Why did you use quotes from an awesome movie in the OP? Michelle Rodriguez doesn't deserve Colonial Marine quotes.
    Because in a world with an Aliens remake Michelle Rodriguez is the only choice to play Pvt. Vasquez and you know it.

THREAD CHALLENGE: instead of Michelle Rodriguez who should play the female badass role which is so essential in movies these days given that men are as much as a disappointment as kids are.
    Last edited by hatesfreedom; 16 Nov 2010 at 03:33 PM.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Is that not just a remake of the film Skyline?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by The Original An Gadaí View post
    Is that not just a remake of the film Skyline?
    Skyline is about people being trapped in an apartment, and Battle: Los Angeles is about soldiers being trapped in a war. Your call.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally posted by hatesfreedom View post

Because in a world with an Aliens remake Michelle Rodriguez is the only choice to play Pvt. Vasquez and you know it.

THREAD CHALLENGE: instead of Michelle Rodriguez who should play the female badass role which is so essential in movies these days given that men are as much as a disappointment as kids are.
    Milla Jovavich has proven she can do the action thing. As has Kate Winslet, Lucy Liu, plus don't forget that Rachel Weisz has done action/ war movies before.
    Last edited by Revs; 16 Nov 2010 at 04:10 PM.
    Give me whiskey when I'm thirsty,Give me a cold beer when I'm dry, Give me root beer when I'm sickly, Give me a headstone when I die.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I have to say, I find Michelle Rodriguez to be a much more plausible marine than Milla Jovavich.

Also Kate Winslet?? When did she do an action movie?

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    I have to say, I find Michelle Rodriguez to be a much more plausible marine than Milla Jovavich.

Also Kate Winslet?? When did she do an action movie?
    Am I mixing up Kates again? The one who did the Underworld movies.

Yes I am mixing up people, it was Kate Beckinsale. I always get her, Kate Winslet and Kate Blanchette mixed up in my head.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah, I have to agree with hates. There isn't another popular female actress who is as believable as a badass right now. Most who get cast as badasses are more in the Joss Whedon mold. Skinny, cutesy, and with upper body strength that would make a T-rex feel better about itself.

Sure, you could say that Michelle Rodriguez isn't a good actress, that she's playing the same character over and over again, but you're missing the beauty of it. They're all the same character. Michelle Rodriguez is playing Michelle Rodriguez, the dimension hopping immortal mercenary. She has lived a thousand lives and fought a thousand battles and she will never, ever give up. No matter how many times she dies or what distant planet she ends up on, she's coming back.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Yeah, it's fine to have a delicately boned, model-waify girl like Kate Beckinsale kick ass if she's a magical vampire, but as a marine? No.

Michelle always looks like she's going to punch you in the nards and shoot your face. She is the woman of a thousand scowls.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Milla Jovavich has proven she can do the action thing. As has Kate Winslet, Lucy Liu, plus don't forget that Rachel Weisz has done action/ war movies before.
    Milla Jovovich ; to distinctive of a face, the features that made her a model are the features that means she can't be a marine. Every person in the audience is going to wonder when marine women started looking like super models, and nobody respects a combat vet super model. It's like a hot girl/guy with a PHD and wealth. Fuck them.

Kate Beckinsale ; muss up her face a lot, add some cuts and scrapes, butcher her hair. She might actually do fine. I can see her as a marine corpsman or an army medic.

Rachel Weisz ; Oh how I wish this could be true. Everybody knows I want to smootch her until the cops arrive. But I just think with all the indie / intelligent movies she's made that nobodies going to see her character, they're just going to see Rachel Weisz.

that and I love Michelle Rodriguez, she can physically abuse me any time she wants. I'll tell the cops the stairs are tricky.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Oh drat, it actually comes out on 3-11-11. Two extra months of longing.

Registered
    Jul 2009

I would gladly accept physical abuse from Michelle Rodriguez, but holy shit Rachel Weisz as some sort of gun toting badass? Yesplz.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Did you miss out on Enemy At The Gates, nrblex?

Rachel Weisz as Tanya Chernova (warning : Tripod site), and also one of the absolute hottest sex scenes ever committed to film.
    Last edited by parzival; 08 Dec 2010 at 01:06 AM. Reason: added warning

Registered
    Mar 2009

mmm well when you put it like that I could stand to see Rachel back in some action films.

+ Reply to thread