+ Reply to thread

Thread: Verizon, you are annoying morons

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Verizon, you are annoying morons

I have had a Verizon cell phone ever since I got a cell phone. I have always had it on the same cheap-ass plan, because I don't talk or text much. My contract ran out a couple of months ago, and I haven't yet gotten around to renewing it, due mostly to my laziness.

So of course Verizon is working itself into a froth by offering me deals to get me back on the contract hook for another two years. Except they're doing it really, really stupidly.

A minor discount on an expensive smartphone is not tempting when I do not have the requisite data plan to make a smartphone worthwhile.

Telling me about a Great Deal on a Totally Unlimited talk/text/data plan, when said Great Deal is 50% more a month than my current plan AND I HAVE NEVER IN ALL MY LIFE USED A CELL PHONE ENOUGH TO NEED UNLIMITED ANYTHING, makes you look fucking idiotic. Stop inundating my mail and email with these moronic 'promotions' you're just making me seriously consider getting a Virgin pay-as-you-go phone.

Jackasses.
    Last edited by Orual; 11 Nov 2010 at 12:37 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I get this every year when I go for a new phone. I have a grandfathered contract with a deal that is better than anything on offer today but they always spend half an hour on trying to sell me every permutation of the latest and greatest deals they can.

Then I tell them what my current contract is.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Not being a Verizon customer I have no comment on their marketing practices, but I WOULD like to know where I can sign up to annoy morons.
    Last edited by Hatshepsut; 12 Nov 2010 at 05:13 AM.

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I agree. It's about time those morons got a bit of their own medicine!
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Jul 2009

The pay-as-you-go deals really are getting better. I can't personally see wanting a contract again. Especially not if the contract phone companies are getting that obnoxious. Ugh.

+ Reply to thread