+ Reply to thread

Thread: Welcome to the YouTube Partnership Program.

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Welcome to the YouTube Partnership Program.

I've just received this in my email box, and I was hoping one of you might be able to explain the thinking behind it.

Dear CJOKUSAP,

Your video crap footage of nazi rally in manchester might be eligible for the YouTube Partnership Program, which allows you to make money from playbacks of your video.

Making money from your video is easy. Here's how it works: First sign into your YouTube account. Then, review and complete the steps outlined here:http://www.youtube.com/ivp?v=orCjLwLo7v8.

If your video is approved, we'll start placing ads next to the video and pay you a share of the revenue as long as you meet the program requirements.

We look forward to adding your video to the YouTube Partnership Program.

Thanks and good luck!

The YouTube Team
    What's all that about?

Any suggestions on why they'd want to use a clip that has only had 300+ views?

If I decided to join The Partnership, what's the worst that could happen?
    Last edited by ivan astikov; 12 Oct 2010 at 10:45 AM.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Basically, they're trying to get you to agree to have ads in there so they can make more money off of your video. If you agree, you get some of the ad money, but it's likely to be a pittance unless the video is really, really popular.

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It's their website, they can do what they want there, can't they? Like I'd have noticed anyway, if they were making revenue from its display!
    Last edited by ivan astikov; 12 Oct 2010 at 10:48 AM.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

+ Reply to thread