+ Reply to thread

Thread: Neighborhood picturing

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Neighborhood picturing

It is foggy today. It wasn't so much yesterday, so I was motivated to head out and take snapshots. I intend to do more of this as time goes on, the neighborhood has some pretty cool things around. (Please click on the thumbnail to get a bigger picture. They're too large to post nicely on the board.)

This is the view out my window sometimes. Other times it's just fuzzy and gray.

It could just be me, but I don't think the sidewalk is the best place to perform arcane summoning rituals.
    Last edited by Orual; 10 Oct 2010 at 02:28 PM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

A neighborhood restaurant:

I can't read the menu, but I think the specialty of the house is duck.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

If I catch the green flash, I get my own pirate ship, right?

And the fog rolls in ...

Registered
    Mar 2009

Oooh. I love your beach pictures especially. It's far harder to get a nice shot like that than it seems at first.

I am left with one question, though: what is summoned in the summoning circle?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    I am left with one question, though: what is summoned in the summoning circle?
    That's what I'd like to know. Unfortunately I don't read the mysterious Language of Sidewalks.

I really like the beach.

That's where the water is.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I see the water won that epic battle.

In your latest shot of the beach, that big...cement...thingy (you can tell I grew up in the desert), is it up high overlooking the beach? I can't quite tell from that perspective. It's a gorgeous picture.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Jul 2009

Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    That's what I'd like to know. Unfortunately I don't read the mysterious Language of Sidewalks.
    Cementals. These are a form of sidewalk elemental, which once summoned will roam the streets in search of stones to grind into their bones. Beware of wearing precious jewels around them, as Cementals consider these to be fruity flavored and highly prized.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    In your latest shot of the beach, that big...cement...thingy (you can tell I grew up in the desert), is it up high overlooking the beach? I can't quite tell from that perspective. It's a gorgeous picture.
    It's sort of a balcony/walkway-thing (I live here and I'm not sure what to call it). It's level with the street and bike path, about 10? feet above the beach. There's a stairway down to the sand right near there. Also thank you.

Quote Originally posted by Nrblex View post
    Cementals. These are a form of sidewalk elemental, which once summoned will roam the streets in search of stones to grind into their bones. Beware of wearing precious jewels around them, as Cementals consider these to be fruity flavored and highly prized.
    You = awesome.

+ Reply to thread