+ Reply to thread

Thread: Chocolate filled Doughnuts

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Chocolate filled Doughnuts

Our local shop does lots of filled doughnuts.

Everyone eats the jam-filled, apple-filled or custard-filled doughnuts. But no-one will even look at the chocolate-filled doughnuts.

Would anyone here eat them, or is it just a sugar overload?
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I've seen chocolate-filled donuts, and they always look like the filling is chocolate frosting. I love chocolate frosting, but it DOES seem like an awfully big gob of it in there, and isn't that appealing to me.

I like the ones with the custard filling and the chocolate on top. Now that's a spectacular donut.

Registered
    Mar 2009

If it's a chocolate custard and I was feeling masochistic enough to eat that much sugar and fat in one sitting, I might have a chocolate-filled doughnut. But if it's frosting like Sarah says, that wouldn't really appeal. It seems like every time I get a filled doughnut with anything other than jelly it just turns out to have been stuffed with a whipped sugar and lard mixture.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Even custard can be too cloying for me. Raspberry jam/jelly is the One True Filling.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yep, I like raspberry or blueberry jam-filled donuts, too, although the custard-filled donuts with chocolate on top are mighty tasty. I've had cinnamon-apple filling, too, and it's also yummy.

Chocolate filling would be Just Too Much of a Good Thing, IMHO.

The Apostabulous Inner Stickler's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Honestly, doughnuts have less and less of an appeal to me, the older I get. With the exception of dunkin donuts blueberry glazed donut holes. Those are delicious. But not the whole doughnut, that's too much. One or two donutholes, though and I'm in heaven.
    I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Dunkin' Donuts makes (although you don't see them as often as you used to) a chocolate frosting filled donut they call "chocolate kreme". I used to LOVE it as a kid, but I don't know if I could eat it now.
    Taumpy: Oh noes, you aren't a super powerful wave of destruction.
    Panther Squad: It's true! My scythe does not shorn the biomonsters in great swaths like it ought!

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I loved chocolate-filled doughnuts when I was a teenager, but they were always rather cloying, you had to eat them with a drink of milk or they were just too much.

+ Reply to thread