+ Reply to thread

Thread: Woman Kills Rattler, Loki is Amused

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Woman Kills Rattler, Loki is Amused

Obviously, for this woman, the situation was very serious, frightening and tense. It seems to me she responded about as well as she could, once her calls for assistance left her with the impression that she'd have to deal with the rattler on her own.

However, I am bemused to see that the State of Wisconsin has a toll-free Rattlesnake Hotline. It makes me wonder what other little publicized, and oddly specific hotlines Mellos are aware of.

Care to share?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Everyone forgets that we have rattlers in the upper midwest. Sure they're little timber rattlers, not the same as an eastern or a diamondback, but they're still rattlesnakes. It's odd that they have a hotline though since timber rattlers are rare, shy and most people could stomp around in the woods for decades without seeing one.

Anyway, the real point here is that Rattlesnake Hotline would be a good name for a band.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

+ Reply to thread