+ Reply to thread

Thread: Fuck the Dems

Registered
    Jul 2009

Default Fuck the Dems

Okay, so the Republicans are running around playing identity politics of the worst sort--seriously, they're more about who is an American and what you BELIIIIEEEEEEEEVE than fiscal conservatism these days--and are, basically, evil assholes. But you know what?

The Democrats are pussies. No, no, that's an insult to pussies. A pussy you can fuck and get pleasure out of it. A pussy can make goddamned life. A pussy can launch a thousand ships. A pussy will make a man shell out thousands of dollars and ruin his life.

Democrats are not pussies, because pussies are useful. Democrats are slugs. Spineless and slimey and they'll shrivel up pathetically and they think this makes them nice or something and they are not getting it. At. All.

Case in point: Obama. He is a sniveling, weaseling, spineless sack of cells. "I support religious freedom!" he says. "Oh, wait, wait, my bad. No. I mean...I support religious freedom so long as it's convenient and doesn't offend anyone and I'd better shut up now."

That's the latest example of him pissing me off, though. There's also the DADT thing. DUDE YOU CAN GET RID OF IT AT ANY TIME. You'd said during the campaign that you wanted us to "make" you get rid of it. We're trying! Really hard! And you're doing NOTHING! It's like you think being president is like being the queen of England and your job is to go around and lift spirits but never actually do anything political, heavens no. That would be unseemly.

IT IS YOUR JOB

DO YOUR FUCKING JOB

Seriously, what the fuck, Democrats? A bunch of lunatics are infiltrating the Republican party and making them do ridiculous, assholish things. It'd be really, really easy for you to look like a bunch of heros right now.

But no. You're just gonna sit back and accomplish absolutely nothing. I guess it's nice of you. You're making sure the Republicans will get to head back into the White House and control congress faster. Too bad it'll probably be batshit insane Tea Party people instead of the sane Republicans.

Registered
    Mar 2009

John Swartzwelder expressed it well:
    Taumpy: Oh noes, you aren't a super powerful wave of destruction.
    Panther Squad: It's true! My scythe does not shorn the biomonsters in great swaths like it ought!

Registered
    Jul 2009

;_;

Registered
    Mar 2009

I just don't see why DADT is so fucking difficult to repeal. It was a stupid policy from day one, and a compromise that offended everyone who had a strong opinion about the issue. It worked as a compromise because so many people just couldn't get excited one way or the other.

It is decades past time to end this bullshit.

Registered
    Feb 2009

You elected a politician who is more out for himself than the country. It doesn't matter what the country's prestige is, as long as his prestige doesn't suffer. The party is not important, he is.

Don't worry, after a term or two, he will head off to do lucrative speaking tours, write more bestsellers and take well paid consultancy jobs for big business. Hey, a guy has to think about life and his family after the job you know.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post
    You elected a politician who is more out for himself than the country. It doesn't matter what the country's prestige is, as long as his prestige doesn't suffer. The party is not important, he is.
    Unfortunately, that seems to be how American politics work these days. The media reaction to Obama's comments on religious freedom are an excellent example of this, as they focused almost entirely on whether or not his comments were a good political move. The Daily Show mocked this with pretty much nothing more than abject horror.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post

Don't worry, after a term or two, he will head off to do lucrative speaking tours, write more bestsellers and take well paid consultancy jobs for big business. Hey, a guy has to think about life and his family after the job you know.
    I've been trying to figure out if he doesn't have the chops for it, or like you say, that he really doesn't care. Maybe it's a combination of both. I have to say, though, that it doesn't come as a big shock to me either way.

Registered
    Feb 2009

What astonishes me again and again about the US Democrats is that they seem to buy into the notion that Americans are conservatives at heart. They are always trying not to upset or offend anyone lest the people who voted them into office revert to their natural state as Republicans. How often do you see prominent Democrats boasting about their left-wing credentials? Instead they seem to be falling over themselves to assure people what non-threatening centrists they are.

+ Reply to thread