+ Reply to thread

Thread: Wake Up, British People In Support Of Decency And Honour.

Registered
    Aug 2010

Default Wake Up, British People In Support Of Decency And Honour.

Over on messageboards like the TVTropes and Fanfic.net, if you want to comment on the Cybermen invasion of London, you are immediately referred to a 10,000 page UNIT Bible and other important works that you are meant to have read, in order for your opinions to even begin to be accepted as relevant.

I'm not going to ask you to do anything so daunting, so don't worry. I've tried getting people to read books myself, and it's hard work.

What I am going to do is present a 6 minute Youtube clip - "OH NOES! NOT A YOUTUBE CLIP?" - featuring a man called the Doctor calmly and seemingly rationally discussing the events of the Cybermen invasion.

At around the 2min. mark, he describes the situation involving the additional presence of Daleks to his companion Rose.

Anybody want to comment on this, and the rest of what the Doctor has to say?

He's an alien, fwiw, but he certainly comes across as one of the good guys to me.

Now you can tell me all about how he is screwing the Master in his spare time, or has some other deviant vice.

Registered
    Aug 2010

In the meantime, here is a commercial:

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

The OP's posts are amusing in a "Hey, look at that monkey smoking a pipe and masturbating at the same time!" kinda way, but they won't win any awards for comedic genius, unless you or other members of your Panel Of Like-Minded Retards are handing them out, Myrn.

Now, the question is, if I was to start picking out random Crucible threads and taking the piss out of them in a far more effective and creative way than your new hero I am a troll, would this be acceptable behaviour, or does only the Officially Sanctioned Troll get the right to do that and be patted on the back for it?

ps. If I'm wrong and your "thumbs up" was actually a signal to the OP for "Hey, it's prostate tickling time", do accept my apologies.

pps. Some constructive criticism for the OP... there's nothing witty and/or clever about taking a poster's post and copying it wholesale apart from swapping the relevant details for something you are deeply interested in. I could probably browse Arts and Entertainments, determine who the Dr Who geeks are, and narrow down your identity to a handful of posters, but frankly, I couldn't be arsed. I'll just leave you to your Dr Who wankfest from here on.
    Last edited by ivan astikov; 11 Aug 2010 at 02:01 AM.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by ivan astikov View post
    #Now, the question is, if I was to start picking out random Crucible threads and taking the piss out of them in a far more effective and creative way than your new hero I am a troll, would this be acceptable behaviour, or does only the Officially Sanctioned Troll get the right to do that and be patted on the back for it?
    Well, considering this is in the troll section of the board, and it's been done before I'd say it's well within the rules.

So ivan, please feel free to write more creative and effective parodies. I would enjoy seeing them. You'd finally be posting something of value!
    Taumpy: Oh noes, you aren't a super powerful wave of destruction.
    Panther Squad: It's true! My scythe does not shorn the biomonsters in great swaths like it ought!

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

We parodies.

Yes, I'm a cat. What's it to you? Muffin's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Northwestern Ontario 48°17'42.8"N,89°23'21.2"W

Terrific parody!

Oh, and Ivan, stop masturbating and put down the pipe.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Certain people gave up on Decency and Honour in Torchwood Series 3.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Muffin View post
    Terrific parody!
    Says the guy who's idea of entertainment is taking his cat canoeing.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Taumpy View post
    Well, considering this is in the troll section of the board, and it's been done before I'd say it's well within the rules.

So ivan, please feel free to write more creative and effective parodies. I would enjoy seeing them. You'd finally be posting something of value!
    Maybe you might want to start up a Crucible thread, and let me cut my teeth on your creative efforts?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Maybe you might want to start up a Crucible thread, and let me cut my teeth on your creative efforts?
    I have started a few. And in other fora. We have a pretty user-friendly search function here, so I'll leave it to you to pick something that meets your criteria. Good luck!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Taumpy View post
    I have started a few. And in other fora. We have a pretty user-friendly search function here, so I'll leave it to you to pick something that meets your criteria. Good luck!
    I've had a look. Your mouse gene thread looks promising. I might have a bash at that. Not the most rivetting subject matter tho'.

Yes, I'm a cat. What's it to you? Muffin's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Northwestern Ontario 48°17'42.8"N,89°23'21.2"W

Too bad your behivour is so anti-social. Rather than wandering about looking for people to bash, how about trying normal conversation?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Too bad your posts are so dull. Rather than slinking about looking for posters to stalk, how about taking your cat out canoeing?
    Last edited by ivan astikov; 11 Aug 2010 at 12:13 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2009

I loled.

Registered
    Jul 2010

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post
    Certain people gave up on Decency and Honour in Torchwood Series 3.
    UGH I refuse to even see series 3 because of what I assume you are alluding to. Cannot. see it.
    comcast guy - m4m - 18 (nb)
    seem like we had that connection when we looked at each other
    you had a blue shirt on nice asss,dought you will see this but dosnt hurt to try, but id love to play with you. tell me what you where fixing, or the street name,or describe me.

Registered
    Jul 2010

I've had a look. Your mouse gene thread looks promising.
    Will you be providing a personal perspective?
    Last edited by Panther Squad; 12 Aug 2010 at 05:43 PM.
    comcast guy - m4m - 18 (nb)
    seem like we had that connection when we looked at each other
    you had a blue shirt on nice asss,dought you will see this but dosnt hurt to try, but id love to play with you. tell me what you where fixing, or the street name,or describe me.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Panther Squad View post
    UGH I refuse to even see series 3 because of what I assume you are alluding to. Cannot. see it.
    The Cage is the perfect place for the stupidity that occurs in Torchwood Series 3
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Panther Squad View post
    Will you be providing a personal perspective?
    No, I've decided to wait for you to start a decent thread worth parodying.

+ Reply to thread