Closed thread

Thread: Smash's posts

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2009

Default Smash's posts

Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    Was mswas suspended for ranting about Mary Jo Kopechne?
    Yes--The Straight Dope Message Board bans anyone who challenges their comfortable, narrow, bourgeois view of the world--even crazy reactionaries like MsWas.

He was a right-wing idiot, but at least he had some passion unlike the soulless sheep that graze there.

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2009

Default Smash's posts

From what I've read, it's "had". As in "past tense".

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2009

Most Katholic churches (which like all religous institutions are bastions of oppression, working to keep the common man in slavery and telling them to be happy with the crumbs their Korporate masters drop) in AmeriKKKa and Kanada have special latin masses--The Khristmas Eve Midnight mass is often done in Latin as is the the Easter Morning mass, even in mostly English churches. Of course, they don't discuss their role in destroying lives, oppressing gays, minorities and women in latin or English.

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2009

I'll be an opium poppy or a marijuana plant--both helpful, medicinal plants that The State has tried to censure because they bring a little joy into the lives of The Workers.

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2009

The biggest problem with Michael Bay's (and any other Amerikan's) 'version' of Pearl Harbor leaves out how Amerika was the aggressor with such stifling trade restrictions, obscene taxation of import goods and vile racism that a military strike was really Japan's only choice.

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2009

Default Smash's posts

I like that one, but it would be funnier if it was a pissed-off Fascist Elephant with a gentle, hippie elephant putting the flower in the fascist's trunk.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Your impersonation skills need work.

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2009

Default I thought fighting in chat wasn't permitted

09/06 08:48 <Myrnalene> we're about to get a troll in out chat
    09/06 08:48 <Myrnalene> watch
    09/06 08:48 <binks> gah, seriously?
    09/06 08:49 <Myrnalene> just a hunch
    09/06 08:49 <binks> damn
    09/06 08:49 <AllWalker> who, me?
    09/06 08:50 <Myrnalene> nopers
    09/06 08:50 <Myrnalene> incoming
    09/06 08:57 <AllWalker> omfg troll
    09/06 08:58 <binks> TROLL!
    09/06 08:59 <AllWalker> myrna, i think you have "troll" and "mod" mixed up
    09/06 08:59 <Myrnalene> no, the troll is just sitting there watching us. *waves*

And I know it's me, because there were only about 8 other users on-line and they were all regulars at Dumbo, So I decided since she's a mod I better address it here.

She and I have been fighting over on Giraffe that's hardly a secret, but she's here calling me a troll in chat before I even had access. I've posted in 6 threads here, each time on topic and relevant posts with content--you might not like the content, if you're blinded by the Amerikan Korporate Philosophy but even if you were/are, my posts weren't just "me too".

Is something going to be done about this or is this considered appropriate? All-Walker is a mod too, right? Why wasn't anything said?

And finally, no: this isn't 'concern trolling', this is me being pissed as fuck at the welcome I got after Myrna actually sent me a PM on Giraffe asking me to come join you. Apparently I'm only someone she wants to try to "steal" from Giraffe if I agree with her 100% on everything and otherwise I'm an unwelcome troll?

You guys seem to have somewhat meatier topics and more progressive ideas-I posted in 1 fluff thread (the garden one) and 5 thoughtful threads in about 10 minutes. But I'm really unhappy with the fact that your mods are sniping at me in chat before I've actually done anything.

Official warning: The concern troll has been banned

See below about Myrna not being a mod but a forum leader.
    Jim

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm a mod? Woah.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Mar 2009

I thought you were--of the Movie section.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Fenris View post
    I thought you were--of the Movie section.
    Oh no. This breaks my heart, Fenris.

Wow.

ETA: He just edited out - "this doesn't address my main point".
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Mar 2009

Nice ninja edit there.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Feb 2009

No one ever has to wonder where they stand with me. If I don't like something you have said, I will say it. I will never ever pretend to be friends with you under one name and then snark at you other another. I'm a bitch but I have that much integrity.

This is.....unfortunate.

Registered
    Mar 2009

No one will believe me and I wouldn't believe it either if it were someone else. I write my posts in notepad and that was the start of another post about abortion on the GB.

I repeat--no one's going to believe me and I don't expect them to. The only thing I can say is that I've never hidden from a fight or hidden my socks which were always lighthearted.

Rather than cause more Mellow/GIraffe drama on your opening weekend, could you just ban my account?

Good luck on your new site.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

She is a forum leader, not a global mod. She has a small subset of moderator abilities in a single forum and no where else.

Hates has the same in the Cage.

Fenris, we really don't need and concern socks.

Consider this one dead.

ETA: I agree, I don' think it was Fenris either.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I thought the title was "I thought fisting in chat wasn't permitted" I either need more coffee or more booze.
    dogbutler-100% fact free!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by dogbutler View post
    I thought the title was "I thought fisting in chat wasn't permitted" I either need more coffee or more booze.
    For the record, fisting in chat isn't permitted.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Feb 2009

After thinking about this, I do not believe Fenris is SmashState. I have read thousands of his posts over several years and and I have never seen him afraid to confront people under his own name or or seen him use duplicity to be nasty with someone. He's famous for his sockery but he tells me that he isn't this guy and I believe him. I accept his explanation.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene View post
    After thinking about this, I do not believe Fenris is SmashState. I have read thousands of his posts over several years and and I have never seen him afraid to confront people under his own name or or seen him use duplicity to be nasty with someone. He's famous for his sockery but he tells me that he isn't this guy and I believe him. I accept his explanation.
    Thank you for posting this, Myrna. I agree. It was a really, really unfortunate coincidence of a few factors, but it doesn't match Fenris's style at all.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I'd never, EVER fist in chat. Watersports, possibly, but only if it was safe, sane and consentual.

--this sentence has been peed on by the Great Yellow Pisser

Kidding aside. I appreciate Myrna (and Zuul and Jim and PLG's) faith in me. Thank you guys.

אני אוהב יהודים!
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Feirefiz View post
    Your impersonation skills need work.
    A LOT of work.

Yes, I'm a cat. What's it to you? Muffin's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Northwestern Ontario 48°17'42.8"N,89°23'21.2"W

Work is a state imposed sanction.

Yes, I'm a cat. What's it to you? Muffin's avatar