Closed thread

Thread: Why have I just sent What Exit? $1000

Banned
    Registered
    Jul 2009

Default Why have I just sent What Exit? $1000

Well the answer is that I would like you to send 1000 CAD to SmashTheState, we agreed in domebo chat that was the most sensible solution. At current exchange rates you will get about $50 for your trouble, which is fair enough.

See http: //ot ghghh fffgfgww.org/?p=235 for info on how to send him the money.

I think all domebo-ers should send this guy money, he seems like a decent chap to me with good principles, which is the main thing

[modwarn:321ro72u]from What Exit?: Please do not do this again and especially do not involve me in this. I'm sending you off to 101 now, I'll let the staff decide for how long as I have been involved in it by you.[/modwarn:321ro72u]

Banned
    Registered
    Jul 2009

Default Re: Why have I just sent What Exit? $1000

p.s. paypal said I was sending it to "Eve". and I used your SDMB profile email address. Hope this is ok?

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Awesome cause, just wondering what the background is behind the incident that led to the charges (that were dropped, if anyone reads this and hasn't read the story yet).

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by SBSO2
    Well the answer is that I would like you to send 1000 CAD to SmashTheState, we agreed in domebo chat that was the most sensible solution. At current exchange rates you will get about $50 for your trouble, which is fair enough.

See http://ottawaiww.org/?p=235 for info on how to send him the money.

I think all domebo-ers should send this guy money, he seems like a decent chap to me with good principles, which is the main thing
    Sadly, I think it was just you that agreed, Sibsby.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Banned
    Registered
    Jul 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene
    Quote Originally posted by SBSO2

See http://ottawaiww.org/?p=235 for info on how to send him the money.

Sadly, I think it was just you that agreed, Sibsby.
    Ah, but did anyone disagree ?

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

If possible, please take back what ever you sent. I have no desire to be involved in this, did not offer to help, do not know Smash the state and don't generally use paypal. I had no clue that such a thing could be down. It is also technically my wife's account.

Registered
    Mar 2009

What. the. Hell.
    "There are no ordinary people. ... It is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit." C.S. Lewis

The Apostabulous Inner Stickler's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Don't ban them, just don't ever let them out of 101. GB has been lacking quality trolls, maybe they'll come over to help us torture ours.
    I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.

Registered
    Mar 2009

SBSO2 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:37 pm I'll just send him 1000 dollars and he's such a nice guy he'll sort it out

binks Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:37 pm I have no idea

Gumby Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:37 pm define "rouse"

SBSO2 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:37 pm someone must have that

SBSO2 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:37 pm what's whatjim's email?

SBSO2 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:37 pm fuck it

(...)

SBSO2 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:22 pm quick! if I were sober I might not do this!

SBSO2 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:22 pm if any of you know her can you get her online and we'll do that?

SBSO2 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:21 pm maybe I can send it to featherlou, then she can forward it?

SBSO2 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:21 pm I worked out a way to do it by snailmail

SBSO2 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:20 pm if someone can work out how I'll send him CAD$1000 this instant

SBSO2 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:20 pm I think in terms of boosting domebo's profile raising money for him would be a great idea

SBSO2 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:20 pm and this smash the state guy has a load of good ideas

SBSO2 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:19 pm I behave like a typical homeless person, I basically just have a load of money and extreme intellect otherwise I would be like them

SBSO2 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:19 pm homeless charities are my favourites... I occasionally volunteer at them, and when I lived in London all the time I used to take them in occasionally

SBSO2 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:18 pm so who's up for supporting this andrew nellis guy?
    "There are no ordinary people. ... It is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit." C.S. Lewis

Registered
    Apr 2009

I don't like the fact that by ignoring him he somehow thought I agreed with him.

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I don't really understand WE's objections here! He is being offered the chance to make $50 for a couple of mouse clicks, so what's the big deal? And how did SBSO2 know where to send it to unless WE told him?
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by ivan astikov
    I don't really understand WE's objections here! He is being offered the chance to make $50 for a couple of mouse clicks, so what's the big deal? And how did SBSO2 know where to send it to unless WE told him?
    Jim absolutely did not tell him, did not solicit him, did not ask for this in any way.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Jul 2009

I'm pretty sure all, or at least most of us thought you were drunk and joking around.

Banned
    Registered
    May 2009

Dude, I'm seeing you posting in chat, don't panic, seriously - we can work this out without worrying about it much, it's not as though I've transfered you a billion dollars...

If we all sit and think about it for a couple of weeks even if it doesn't end up with smash the state we can find something sensible to do with it :)

Worrying about to paypal etc is just going to be too much of a headache. Let's not get too excited...

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by SBSO
    Dude, I'm seeing you posting in chat, don't panic, seriously - we can work this out without worrying about it much, it's not as though I've transfered you a billion dollars...

If we all sit and think about it for a couple of weeks even if it doesn't end up with smash the state we can find something sensible to do with it

Worrying about to paypal etc is just going to be too much of a headache. Let's not get too excited...
    Just leave, okay? The fact that they haven't gotten around to banning you yet doesn't mean you should post an extra lot until they do.

Registered
    Apr 2009

The problem is you did something to involve him that he had no desire to be part of.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I did a quick read of that article, assumed that all parties were in on it.. and just asked a question about something that wasn't clear before I donated any money to a cause. I had no idea that someone didn't know about this whole thing. Not trying to pry into someone's personal real life that just got thrown up here without their consent.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Please don't ban my buddy. His philanthropic skills just need some fine tuning. His generous ways are being overlooked because of his provocateur label.

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

stop postin where i live

Closed thread