Closed thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek RPG - Mission #1: "On the Brink"

Registered
    Jul 2010

Ok, this seat looks as good as any...

Registered
    Sep 2009

Singh is seated between Ged and Treggint, and is soon animatedly talking to both. None of you are close enough to hear what's being said, but the Captain looks at ease.

Delaney finds a place between Chancellor Kyun and one of her Asl-Banij aides, both of whom are personable and ask some polite questions about the Yorktown and Starfleet technology. The aide seems to have had some engineering training.

Dr. Brownlock takes a chair between a Na-Banij diplomat and a Gir-Banij scientist. You learn that the Gir are what in Earth's ancient past would be termed a "Third World nation," blessed with natural resources but not especially wealthy or influential in international affairs.

Collins sits as close to the Captain as she can, and finds herself between a Deq-Banij diplomat who seems friendly (she soon invites you to visit one of their underwater cities) and a Soj-Banij military officer who asks curtly, "Why did your warship attack our defensive missiles? And when will you be leaving?"

Pev takes a seat next to Hayes. On her other side is a Soj-Banij military officer who glances at her and then coldly looks away.

Pourtash settles in between a Na-Banij government official and an Asl-Banij diplomat. They know each other from previous conferences and are soon chattering away together; the Universal Translator embedded in your communicator has a hard time keeping up.

Fujishiro takes a chair between two rather tall Banij, who introduce themselves as a Geu-Benij translator and a Becc-Banij diplomat. Their nations are on almost opposite sides of the globe and are on good terms, having had little reason to quarrel over the years. You learn that the Geu are noted for their communications technology, while the Becc are largely agricultural. Both invite you to visit their homelands, and express hope that you and your Captain will be able to avert a war between the Na and the Soj. Eventually the Becc diplomat says bluntly, "We would like to be friends with both, but the Na's system of [untranslatable] slavery and the Soj's militarism makes it difficult."

At a nod from Chancellor Kyun, the robots begin bringing out drinks and food from another room. She sees Brownlock, a few seats down, surreptitiously scan it and says in a friendly way, "Our physicians and scientists assure me that everything being served is safe for your people." Brownlock's scans do not indicate otherwise, so he tentatively takes a bite of a piece of spotted bluish-teal fruit and finds that it's delicious.

The Banij all begin drinking and eating with gusto.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 11 Nov 2010 at 11:50 PM.

I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins says to the Deq "I'm looking forward to it"; to the Soj officer, she asks, in a calm, friendly voice "Why did you send missiles against a ship that had taken no offensive action?"

Jeremi looks at the plate in front of her. It doesn't smell bad, and it's certainly colorful. She tastes something purple and smiles. Yum! She didn't realize how hungry she'd become.
    Last edited by anyrose; 12 Nov 2010 at 06:02 AM.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney takes the opportunity to scan the robots. Fascinating technology. He remarks as much to Chancellor Kyun and her Asl-Banij aide. He politely answers some questions about the Yorktown and asks mainly about the robots.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Pourtash begins eating, experimentally trying everything he can, while trying to follow the conversation around him in fascination. The Na-Banij government official and the Asl-Banij diplomat are clearly enjoying their conversation.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Jan 2010

Seeing that Brownlock is eating, Fujishiro nibbles on the food as well. Best not to overdo it; safe does not mean too much will not cause indigestion.

Fujishiro cheerfully chats with the neighboring Banij. She formally introduces herself, "I am Ensign Fujishiro Tomoe Iota, Physics Officer of U.S.S. Yorktown. Please call me Fujishiro."

"The United Federation of Planets is a union of many species and worlds dedicated to peaceful coexistence. So it is our nature to try to resolve conflicts without violence. We also avoid becoming partisans within intraplanetary disputes. While we first met the Na-Banij, we will remain neutral. Our destruction of the Soj-Banij missiles was purely defensive and not intended to indicate any hostility. To be equally blunt, we truly do wish to be friends of all."

"Please, tell me more about the Na and the Soj. Your disinterested perspectives are much appreciated. In particular, what is '[untranslatable] slavery'?"

Later in the conversation, Fujishiro will try to change the topic. "As a scientist, I am primarily interested in unusual natural phenomena, rather than politics. In fact, exploration is the primary mission of the Yorktown and Starfleet. For example, did you know there is a radiation anomaly above this planet? I have been trying to discover more about it, without much success. Perhaps Banij scientists know more about it? I would be eager to share data and discuss hypotheses."

Registered
    Sep 2009

The Deq diplomat says happily to Collins, "Oh, wonderful! We hope you will come tomorrow, please, or the day after that at the very latest. Everyone will be so excited to have you visit. You haven't lived until you've seen Deqqen Main City, just under the surface, at sunsdown."

The Soj officer scowls and says to her, "If you hadn't formed an alliance with the Na and then approached our world without getting our permission, we wouldn't have had to launch missiles to warn you away. We have a right to defend ourselves against anyone, especially offworlders who favor our foes!"

Collins finds that most but not all of the food and drink is tasty or at least palatable, although the orange liquid with something stringy in it is definitely nasty.

Delaney sees from his scans that the robots are as advanced as any of Dr. Corby's models, the specs of which he's seen, although they are easily distinguishable - both to the eye and by scanning - from actual living Banij. Their brain structures are not positronic but neutron-fluidic. Their musculature is ingeniously arranged, and each is powered by a tiny, well-shielded and remarkably efficient fusion reactor in its lower chest. Chancellor Kyun proudly says that the Asl-Banij's robotics skills are widely acknowledged. She offers to let you visit a robotics lab whenever you like, "if that would be all right with your Captain."

Pourtash finds that he agrees with Collins about the orange drink, but everything else has an interesting taste or is, at worst, bland if not actually repulsive. The Na and Asl on either side of you continue to talk away, and seem almost to have forgotten you're even there.

The Becc diplomat is a little hesitant and Fujishiro has the impression that he might now realize that he was too candid. Nevertheless, he takes another drink, takes a deep breath and says, "Every nation has its strengths and its weaknesses, of course, and the Na and the Soj, for all their certitudes about their own superiority, are no exception. The Soj think, because every one of their people helps choose their leaders, that gives them the obligation to follow those leaders even when their policies will almost certainly lead to war. The Na, on the other hand, believe that their social structure, based on cloning and a supposedly scientific method of choosing their leaders, gives them the right to keep all of their non-cloned people in what, if you will forgive me, is little more than a thinly-veiled form of slavery."

The Geu-Benij translator on her other side hears all of this and says nothing, but seems uncomfortable. He changes the subject at the first opportunity and says, "I know of no radiation anomaly over our world, Ensign, but then, I am not a scientist. Perhaps you would like to speak to one of ours...?"
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 13 Nov 2010 at 12:29 AM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Ens. Hayes is definitely uncomfortable sitting next to the Soj military officer. Klingons come to mind. Rachel shudders slightly and hopes no one has noticed. She's glad Pev is on her other side and tries to focus on all of the colorful food in front of her.
    "This looks very tasty, Pev. What should I try first?"

Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins pushes the nasty orange goo to the back of her setting. "I am sure the Captain has an itinerary," she says to the Deq "I don't know when we'll be visiting your land, but I will ask her at my first chance"
    She turns to the Soj, and still calm and respectful in her voice and demeanor "We merely made contact with a ship foreign to us. We were not aware that, from your perspective, this meant an alliance. We will do our best not to show favoritism while on your planet."

Registered
    Sep 2009

Pev says to Hayes, "Well, let's see. The ugrull - this diced red fruit - very good. It's always been a favorite of mine. The polqin - the beige strips of meat, over here - is an ethnic dish of the Asl; I don't especially care for it, but many people do. Ah, now, this is yufini, a mix of six seasoned vegetables. I think you'll like it." He dives in himself, using one of the forklike implements arrayed on the table.

The Deq diplomat says to Collins, "Yes, please do ask your Captain about coming to see us. We would be delighted to have her visit, too."

The Soj officer says with a sneer, "Come now. You met the Na ship in deep space, you sent people aboard, you had one of their people on your own ship - look, he is eating and talking to one of your comrades now! - you accompanied the ship to Banij Prime orbit, your Captain first spoke to the Na's leader before any others, and you provided a case of something to them! A weapon, no doubt. If those aren't signs of an alliance, I don't know what is. It is clear that you intend to intervene in Banij affairs on the Na's side, and that can only be to the detriment of the Soj people. That is intolerable to us. There will be consequences if you continue down this dangerous path."

As you talk and eat, one wall rises silently into the ceiling, revealing in an adjoining room an ensemble of a dozen musicians with bizarre instruments of wood, metal and cloth. They begin to play a high-pitched, dissonant tune, but all the Banij just talk louder. Soon Delaney and Fujishiro feel splitting headaches coming on.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 15 Nov 2010 at 12:10 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

To the Soj officer, Collins says "perhaps you and the captain could talk privately this evening, and work out an accord; if we were to offer you the same item as we presented to the Na," she asked, knowing that without cloning technology, the samples would be nothing more than a means to understand humans, "would that help?" She is now completely amused by the officer and wants to push his buttons.
    Last edited by anyrose; 15 Nov 2010 at 06:49 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney considers the music and decides to propose a toast to hopefully stop it politely. He rises to his feet. "I would like to propose a toast for this gathering if I may", he pauses, clears his throat and then continues louder, "To meeting with new friends and a chance to learn from each other. I hope through peace we can aid and assist each other and help all of our people to greater heights."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Hayes watches Pev closely and follows his lead. The food is very good. Rachel especially likes the mixed veggies and has herself a second helping. Rachel finds the music and instruments very interesting. "What can you tell me about this music and the instruments being played?" she asks Pev. Rachel is so grateful for this opportunity to learn all she can about the Banij culture.

Registered
    Sep 2009

The Soj officer seems a bit taken aback by Collins's offer, but replies, "Our leader, [untranslatable] Treggint, is already speaking with your Captain. I, as a colonel of the High Guard, would not presume to interfere in negotiations at such a high level, of course. But how could we be sure that you would give us the same thing as you had given those oligarchic cloners, anyway? I'm sure you wouldn't give us the same weapon, if any, as you gave to your allies the Na."

The half-dozen or so Banij closest to Delaney look up at him with interest when he stands, but none of them rise too, and the din of the music and conversations continues unabated. The Banij, it appears, have no tradition of toasting. The Captain is too far down the table to hear you over the noise, but she raises her glass and lifts it towards you with a smile.

Pev tells Hayes, "Those are traditional Asl instruments. They're called yuve'en and come in several different shapes, sizes and pitches, as you've seen - and heard. They are soothing, are they not? I believe they're playing Asl folk tunes. The one they're now playing is called 'On the Summit of Proud Mount Yundin,' about a legendary explorer from early Asl history, I believe." He notices your appetite and pats his cheek in approval. "Here, try the gulire. It's a fish stew that the island is famous for." You taste it and find that it's delicious, although a bit too spicy for your taste.

The musicians stop for a moment, and three Banij in costumes which seem to be made of some kind of palm fronds run in. The music resumes, more rhythmically now, and three - apparently one male and two females, although it's hard to be sure - begin to dance spasmodically. A few of the Banij around the table glance at the dancers now and then, but most just keep talking.

Delaney's and Fujishiro's headaches are worsening.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney is fearful and wishes he had a sonic screwdriver or earplugs. Instead he rigs his tricorder to generate white noise, brings it to near his ears and looks to see if any other crew members are suffering. He gets up and heads for Dr. Brownlock, knowing he needs help.

Registered
    Jan 2010

Fujishiro replies positively to the translator, "Yes, a meeting with a few Banij planetary-science scientists would be very useful to all. We have already had a successful scientific exchange with the Soj, and meeting with other Banij would be beneficial."

After her headache shows signs of not going away, she excuses herself. "I must apologize for stepping away. It seems the food here does not quite agree with me. I enjoyed our conversation." She heads to Brownlock to see if he can help her.

Registered
    Jul 2010

Brownlock studies his med scanner... Is it just the dissonant music causing the headaches, or something else?

Registered
    Feb 2009

"I apologize" Collins says to the Soj officer "I meant "you" collectively. Where I come from the distinction between 2nd person singular and second person plural is often only a matter of context" She'd hoped a change of subject work calm him down "I'm guessing that your grammar works differently?"

Registered
    Sep 2009

Brownlock's medical scanner detects no particular physiological, chemical, viral, organic or any other identifiable explanation for the two officers' headaches. In your best clinical judgment, they are simply caused by the noise and stress. You don't recall from your brief review of Delaney's and Fujishiro's medical records if either is prone to headaches. Do you ask them?

The Soj officer is somewhat mollified and says to Collins, "Yes, our language has different words for identifying [untranslatable] and [untranslatable]. We would not confuse the 'second person,' if I understand you correctly, in that way. I can see that we still have much to learn from each other."

The Captain, Ged and Treggint seem to be getting along rather well.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Ens. Hayes continues to stuff herself with the delicious Banij food offerings. She will definitely have to swim quite a few laps later on to neutralize the calorie count she's accumulating! Hayes is actually enjoying the music. Pev has been a very good host. Rachel has almost forgotten about the Soj officer sitting there.

Registered
    Jul 2010

Brownlock does indeed ask Delaney and Fujishiro about their headaches...

Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney answers, "I'm not prone to headaches actually, I rarely get them at all."

Registered
    Jan 2010

"I've never been prone to headaches, except when I've forgotten to eat or sleep," answers Fujishiro with a slight grin. Or maybe grimace. "Is there something you can give to alleviate the symptoms?"

Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney asks, "By any chance are we the only ones to not try the food and drink?"

Registered
    Jan 2010

"No, I've been partaking of everything. I was thinking it was the food causing the headache. But if you have not, then it can't be the cause." replies Fujishiro.

Registered
    Jul 2010

Brownlock offers the two a hypospray of pain reliever.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney accepts as his other option would probably be to request to beam up. "Yes please and thank you Doctor."
    Last edited by What Exit?; 17 Nov 2010 at 06:16 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Dr. Brownlock pulls his hypospray out of his medikit, sets the vial to Metorapan, and administers 2 ccs each of the mild analgesic to Delaney and Fujishiro. In seconds they start to feel better.

The dancers leave the room to a smattering of applause, and more than two dozen small silvery, spiky discs, apparently remote-controlled or robotic, fly into the room and begin swooping in interesting patterns overhead. Sometimes they pass only a meter or so over your heads. A few more Banij watch this than watched the dancers. The band plays on, a little more quietly, in time with the discs' movement.

Collins, watching the Captain and alert for any sign of danger, notices that Treggint seems to be making a particularly important point, leaning close as he jabs the air in front of Singh and Ged. The Na leader is impassive; Singh listens closely. You still cannot hear what they're saying.

Pourtash notices that the Banij suns are beginning to set, and the shadows in the room are lengthening.

Registered
    Feb 2009

While continuing to discuss grammar and syntax with the Soj, and marine life with the Deq, Collins manages to keep part of her focus on the Captain and the Banij she is talking with. Collins sits slightly forward in her chair, ready to leap up and take action if it becomes necessary.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Hayes is quite interested in the flying discs and asks Pev about them.

Registered
    Jan 2010

Now that she is feeling better, Fujishiro looks around for a new Banij or two to introduce herself to.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Delaney's and Fujishiro's headaches are now almost entirely gone.

Pev says to Hayes, "I believe those are a Geu invention. They use ionic impellers to fly, and a simple form of artificial intelligence to remember a preprogrammed flight pattern. They've become popular for public entertainments in recent years. This is the most I've seen in one place."

Before Fujishiro can meet any more Banij, Singh stands. At a gesture from Chancellor Kyun, the band stops playing, and the discs at once fly from the room. The Captain says, "Chancellor, friends from across Banij Prime, honored guests: My officers and I are grateful for your hospitality and warm welcome. I'm also thankful to Treggint, First Citizen of the Soj-Banij Republic, and to Ged, Chairwoman of the Governing Council of the Na-Banij, for their candor and willingness to talk. I've been pleased to offer the good offices of the Federation in helping them move toward a peaceful resolution of their differences. I learned that this is the first time they have themselves met face to face, and the first time they or their predecessors have done so in more than a decade. I think they have found, as many people in conflict do, that differences which seem intractable at a distance become more manageable when you look in the eyes of your adversary. In our brief time together we have made important progress, I believe, and the First Citizen and the Chairwoman have authorized me to announce that they will now reduce the alert level of their respective militaries, and withdraw forces which have, in recent days, been moved to their shared border."

The assembled crowd of dignitaries almost all make the throaty sound you heard before, apparently indicating approval. Ged and Treggint make the same gesture of agreement, twice touching the backs of their hands.

Singh continues, "This is a good start, but it is only a start. Many more issues remain to be addressed, and at the request of both leaders, the Federation will continue to play a role in in helping them do so. Accordingly, and as a gesture of our goodwill, I invite all of the Banij leaders now gathered in this room to come aboard my ship tomorrow, to further discuss how we might, together, build a lasting peace among all of your people."

The throaty sounds get even louder, and there is now an excited babble in the air. You all catch snatches of conversation around you: "Aboard their starship?... unprecedented for Treggint to... know what she's doing... never been in space before!... Ged must be confident that... yes, in orbit, on an offworlder ship, no less!... must tell my government that... never work... why not, if it will....."

Singh's voice rises above the commotion as she concludes, "We will be in touch with each of you shortly to make arrangements for your visit. For now, though, please accept my thanks, and excuse my officers and me as we return to the Yorktown. This has been a good day, and I have every hope that tomorrow will be better still."

Over the excited babble of the VIPs, the Captain says her farewells to the top leaders and goes outside with you six. It's getting dark and Pourtash notices a flock of sleek seabirds flying towards one of the setting suns. The Captain takes out her communicator and says, "Singh to Yorktown. Stand by. Seven to beam up."

Anything you say or do before returning to the ship?

Registered
    Jul 2010

Brownlock comments, "I'm still curious about Delaney and Fujishiro's headaches. Too fast and too intense, especially for two people who rarely suffer from them. I recorded some of the music after they started complaining about it. Hopefully some analysis of the sonic properties will shed some light on the issue..."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Ens. Hayes is sorry to leave, but is very much looking forward to the Banij visit aboard ship tomorrow. She will find it hard to sleep after such an exciting time. On Andor, events like this could last all night or even several days. Rachel looks forward to learning more and exploring everything the Banij and their culture have to offer. She prepares herself -- if that's even possible -- for beaming back to the ship.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins says a pleasant good night to her two dinner companions and moves to her position, behind and to the side of the Captain.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Singh looks to see that the landing party is properly assembled around her, then says into her communicator, "Yorktown, we're ready. Beam us up."

The transporter effect takes you at once, and you find yourself standing on the platform in the Transporter Room. Cmdr. Vargas is behind the console with Chief Harrison. The First Officer says, "Welcome back, everyone. I hope it went well?"

Singh says, "Thank you, Mr. Vargas. Yes, I think it did." She briefly fills him in on what happened, and asks him to set up the next day's meeting for 1230 hours, with Communications Officer Thalen to broadcast specific invitations for each of the eleven Banij leaders and no more than two aides each. Vargas's eyes widen just a little, and after a moment he points out that this would be too big a crowd for the Wardroom. He suggests one of the mess halls be adapted for the meeting. Singh agrees, yawns, stretches and says, "I think it would be best if we debrief after everyone's had a good night's rest. You're all off-duty, effective immediately. Let's meet at 1000 in Conference Room 1. Thank you all. Good night." She heads for the door.

Delaney checks his tricorder's chronometer and is surprised to see that the dinner lasted nearly three hours. He fights a yawn himself; Collins and Pourtash see this and feel the urge as well.

What would you like to do tonight and/or before the morning debriefing?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins briefly considers going to work off some of dinner, but decides that sleep is a much better idea, so she returns to her cabin, moving as quietly as possible in case her roommate is already asleep.

After an hour of tossing and turning, Jeremi decides some light aerobics may be in order, so she gets dressed and heads to the gym

Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney would like to grab a fast meal and then report to sickbay. He does not trust the odd headache. If he checks out clean he will get some sleep. He will do a quick check on the sensor scans and then get some sleep.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

There is no way Ens. Hayes can sleep after such an exciting, interesting experience. She will add her tricorder information to the library computer and check it later after some much-needed laps in the pool -- to relax a bit and work off whatever extra calories the very enjoyable (and filling) Banij feast has added. Hayes rarely sleeps that much and her metabolism is quite high. Still, the Banij meal has given her a bloated, heavy feeling. Then again, Rachel did eat more than is usual for her. She just couldn't help herself. The Banij food was delicious!

Registered
    Sep 2009

By now the ship's lights are dimmed for the "night." The corridors are quieter and less crowded.

Collins finds that her cabinmate Ens. Terezis has left a comm message: I'm out on a date. Hope the mission went well! Might be back late - don't wait up. EUTERPE. She changes into athletic gear and goes to the Gym. After ten minutes of aerobics she's worked up a light sweat and feels much better. She hears a friendly voice behind her say, "Hello, Ens. Collins. I was hoping I'd see you here again. How'd things go on the planet?" It's Ens. Ben Cooper, the shuttle pilot she had noticed earlier. He's toweling off after apparently running laps and is looking good.

Nurse Perry is standing watch in Sickbay; she scans Delaney and finds nothing wrong. She takes a blood sample and promises to have either Dr. Villa or Dr. Brownlock take a closer look when they come in. Delaney learns from the Sciences duty officer, Lt. Gennadi Antonov, a sensor specialist, that there have been no readings out of the ordinary, Zheng rays or otherwise. After dinner, Delaney falls asleep almost the moment his head hits his pillow.

Ens. Hayes downloads her tricorder information to the Library Computer, changes into her swimsuit and has a good swim, having the pool almost entirely to herself at this hour. When she returns to her cabin she sees a message in her comm account that the Science Officer has already taken a look at the tricorder readings: Nice work, Mr. Hayes. Some interesting data here. We'll discuss it tomorrow. ROBLE.
    Last edited by What Exit?; 22 Nov 2010 at 08:44 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Jeremi smiles at Ensign Cooper "Please call me Jeremi, or Jeri for short" She subtly looks him up and down and approves wholeheartedly. "I was just finishing up - Would you like to join me in the lounge?" Collins doesn't do the "coy" thing. She feels certain her invitation will be accepted.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Cooper returns her smile. "That sounds good, Jeri. Let me take a quick shower, and I'll meet you there."

He's not long, and soon both of you find a table in the small lounge just off the Gym. Another couple in workout clothes and a group of five Engineering techs, none of whom you recognize, are also there, drinking, talking and laughing. It's a comfortable room; the lights are low and some Arcturan jazz is playing in the background. Cooper gestures to the bank of replicators along one bulkhead and says, "Would you like a bite to eat? Maybe something to drink? Name your poison."

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Rum and Coke, please" Jeremi smiles "and anything salty and crunchy"

Registered
    Jul 2010

Brownlock decides to look over the tricorder readings, but finds his mind drifting and his eyelids closing, so he decides to tackle the puzzle after a good night's sleep.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Ens. Hayes is glad she decided to bring her tricorder along. She looks forward to discussing the information with Lt. Cmdr. Roble. It's always good to receive positive feedback from your superior officer. Rachel has never been a "people pleaser", but she does want to do well and move ahead in her Starfleet career. What young officer doesn't....

Registered
    Jan 2010

Fujishiro is slightly disappointed the landing party had to return so quickly, but realizes that she probably needs to rest anyway. Once in her quarters she takes a quick shower and then sleeps.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Cooper orders a Rum and Coke (although Coca-Cola no longer actually exists by that time, several similar beverages do, and the name has persisted) for Collins, and a glass of Saurian brandy for himself, as well as a plate of fresh-baked hard pretzels. "They're actually pretty good," he says, setting them down on the table in front of Collins. "Not as good as my Uncle Al bakes, but not too bad. So how were things on the planet today? See anything interesting? Did anyone shoot at you?"

Brownlock, Pourtash, Delaney, Hayes and Fujishiro quickly drift off to sleep in their respective bunks.

And around you, the Yorktown sweeps along in standard orbit high above the cloud-flecked Banij homeworld, advancing towards the dawn.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Jeremi tells Ben about the meal, the musicians, the dancers, and the robots; but not about her conversations with the Banij who sat on either side of her.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Cooper is very interested in what you have to say, and has a lot of friendly questions. You enjoy your visit with him. After an hour or so, though, you find yourself yawning; it's been a long day. He walks you back to your quarters and says he hopes to see you again.

The next morning you all awake after a sound sleep. What do you do before the senior staff meeting?

Registered
    Jan 2010

Fujishiro will review the ship's and probes' sensor data to see if there's anything more conclusive about the radiation anomaly. She will also log the details of her conversation with the Banij.

Closed thread