Closed thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek RPG - Mission #1: "On the Brink"

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Hayes is surprised that Collins has joined them in Sickbay. Pev doesn't seem upset by the Security officer's presence, though. Pev's brief explanation of the three Banij cultures interests Rachel a great deal. She decides to give Dr. Brownlock a chance to ask a question or two.

"Doctor, would you like to show Pev around Sickbay? I'm sure he has some questions for you and perhaps you have a few of your own."

I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Once Dr Brownlock and Pev move out of earshot, Collins whispers to Hayes "I don't trust Pev. I can't put my finger on it, but I also want to make sure that he doesn't go poking around into anything sensitive or confidential"

Registered
    Sep 2009

Dr. Miriam Villa, the Chief Medical Officer, sees the four of you enter Sickbay and comes over to greet you. Hayes introduces her to Pev, and she says, "We've gathered the biosamples you requested, and will give them to you when you leave, for the scientists on your world to study. I contributed a biosample myself. Generally speaking, I favor the freest possible exchange of medical data among different species. The virtues of pure science aside, you can never quite tell what might come in handy even across species lines, and I've been intrigued by the data which Dr. Brownlock has already gathered on your people."

On the Bridge, Roble says sharply, "Captain, the three spacecraft appear to be unmanned missiles with fusion warheads, headed directly toward us and the Venture. They'll intercept us in four minutes."

Singh says, "Red Alert. Raise shields. Mr. Pourtash, lock phasers on the missiles and prepare to fire. Mr. Roble, I want to know who launched those missiles. Mr. Thalen, signal the Venture as to what's happening."

The Red Alert klaxon begins to sound the length and breadth of the Yorktown, and the crew hurries to battle stations. Brownlock, Hayes and Collins know that they should be back on the Bridge on the double.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Well that was a twist. "Shields up, Captain." Pourtash hadn't been expecting missiles, but being prepared for the shields had been a wise precaution. He locks phasers on the missiles and waits for orders to fire.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney ensures power readings to main systems are all good. He will remain quiet unless there is an abnormality and tells himself to remain calm.

Registered
    Jul 2010

Brownlock turns to Pev. "I'm not sure what's happening, but I'm needed on the Bridge at the moment. I still have a few questions for you, but they will have to wait. I'll leave you in Dr. Villa's capable hands for now."

He hurries out to make his way to the Bridge.

Registered
    Jan 2010

Uses ballistic models and scanning for exhaust trails, Fujishiro will try to pinpoint the point of origins of the missiles as her primary focus. She sends detailed warhead scans to the security station, for that officer to evaluate. Finally, she keeps some sensors on the lookout for second strikes, both from the surface (including coming around the rim of the world) and the orbitting space stations.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins is already running to her station when the turbolift doors open on the bridge. She scans the newly arrived spacecrafts to ascertain their weapons capability.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Dr. Villa looks a little surprised to have Pev left with her so abruptly, especially during a Red Alert, but she accepts with good grace and asks him to have a seat while she and Nurse Perry prepare Sickbay for possible casualties.

The deflector shields go up smoothly, and Delaney sees that all primary ship's systems are nominal. Pourtash has no difficulty establishing a phaser targeting lock on the missiles while Bennett inputs possible evasive maneuver patterns. Fujishiro draws on Pourtash's earlier cartographic scans to track the missiles' trajectories, and determines that they all came from a mountainous northern region of Soj-Banij territory. She detects no other launches. Collins's scan shows that they are not simple ICBMs, but ion drive-equipped guided missiles with an interplanetary range, judging by their size, drive signature and probable fuel capacity. Each fusion warhead has about a third the potential yield of a Starfleet photon torpedo - nothing to sneeze at, but unlikely to breach the Yorktown's shields. The Venture, however, could definitely be at risk.

Thalen reports, "Cmdr. Ren acknowledges our warning, Captain. Also, planetary Na- and Soj-Banij military comm traffic is quickly increasing. Civilian transmitter networks on both sides are also beginning propaganda broadcasts."

Collins reviews the decrypted alien signals and at once sees the signs of a general military mobilization: warships ordered to put to sea, military bases being locked down, and troops sent to border mustering points. She's grimly reminded of what she's read about the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis and the 2049 Tibetan Escalation.

"Recommendations? Options?" Singh coolly asks from the center chair.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 13 Oct 2010 at 11:31 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Without looking up from her console, Collins opines "We could extend our shields to encompass the Venture, but that may antagonize the Soj" In spite of her own misgivings, "I suggest asking Pev to join us on the Bridge"

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Hayes reaches the Bridge and goes to the science station. She definitely feels like a fish out of water here. Of what use is a xenosociologist during a red alert?

Rachel agrees with Collins. Pev could give them much-needed information at this time. Besides, she wants to keep an eye on him. Can he be trusted?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney suggests, "We should destroy all the missiles once they are far enough out of atmosphere to avoid potential radiation damage to those on the planets. I think we should then see about this missile launch site."

Registered
    Mar 2009

"Delaney is correct. They should be easy enough to destroy for now." For now being the operative words. Pourtash isn't willing to suggest it's the best long-term option should something else be thrown at them, but it works at the moment. "Simply destroying the missiles is a more neutral act than extending shields over the Venture or including Pev in our decisions."

Registered
    Jan 2010

Assuming the detailed scans of the missiles do not reveal anything that might cause a problem if they are destroyed, Fujishiro says, "Captain, I recommend destroying the missiles as soon as possible to minimize the risk to the Venture. I will scan the launch area to see what their remaining capabilities are."

"How much do we know about their communication channels? If we can distinguish one that is used by the Soj-Banij authorities, we should establish contact with them."

"We could also try to disrupt their command and control by selectively jamming Soj-Banij military channels, but that would likely be viewed as an aggressive act rather than defensive."

In addition to scanning the launch region for more weapon capabilities (including a detailed scan of the launch sites to see if they can "reload"), Fujishiro will also try to determine if the missiles are aimed at the Yorktown or the Venture, or a spread between them.

Registered
    Jul 2010

Brownlock, who entered the Bridge with Hayes, waits for orders. With all the talk of consulting Pev, he wonders if he did the right thing leaving him behind. "Didn't think an alien visitor belonged on the Bridge during a red alert," he is thinking, with a hint of doubt.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Fujishiro's scans indicate that the missiles are targeted at the Yorktown, but that their imminent contact detonation, if it occurred, would damage if not destroy the Venture as well, due to its proximity. Collins sees that the missiles were launched from underground, hardened silos which seem to lack the capability of being quickly reloaded. There are more than a hundred other such silos in that missile field, however.

Capt. Singh says, "Where is Pev right now, anyway? Mr. Hayes, either go get him, or call for him to be brought to the Bridge." With less than a minute remaining, she examines the tactical display over Collins's Security console, and then says to the helmsman, "Very well. Fire phasers, Mr. Pourtash." He quickly presses the keys, and at once, twin beams of brilliant blue light lance out from the underside of the Yorktown's primary hull. Pourtash's marksmanship is perfect, and within moments the missiles are no more.

"Scan for debris," Singh says, staring at the main viewscreen. Vargas leans in to say something quietly to her, and the Captain nods.

"The Venture thanks us and indicates that they are undamaged," Thalen says, "and there are incoming messages from both the Na- and Soj-Banij capitals, Captain."

"On screen. The Na-Banij first, I think."

The starfield is replaced by the image of a Banij who appears to be identical to Pev and his shipmates. She is in a light green cape of some kind and says, "I am Ged, Chairwoman of the Governing Council of the Na-Banij. We rejoice that you have so easily dealt with the warlike and unprovoked attack of the Soj-Banij. In contrast, I welcome you to our homeworld, most warmly, and thank you for your friendly first contact with the illustrious and gallant crew of our starship, the Venture. Cmdr. Ren has told me all about you, Capt. Singh, and I am eager to meet you in person. I hope you will come to visit us soon. There is much we have to discuss."

"Thank you, Chairwoman," Singh says. "I look forward to it. We will be in touch shortly. However, you should know that the Soj-Banij are signaling me also, and I will speak with them as well."

Ged's surprise is apparent. "After they fired on you? I would destroy them at once, without wasting even a single word on the [untranslatable]."

"Well, that is not our way, Chairwoman, as you will learn. The United Federation of Planets, which I have the honor to represent, is committed to peace, and its ships will act only in self-defense whenever possible. We also do not play favorites among different nations or governments after having just made first contact."

Ged sniffed, "As you wish, Captain, but I... well, never mind. Until we meet face to face. Ged out."

"Now for the Soj," Singh said. "If you please, Mr. Thalen."

The viewscreen at once displays another Banij who Hayes, with her training and experience, immediately sees has slightly grayer skin and a subtly but distinctly different facial structure than Ged, Pev and the other Na-Banij. (To the rest of you, he looks just the same). He wears steely-looking alien armor and has a complex insignia tattooed or painted over his right eyebrow. The Universal Translator interprets his words as being spoken only a few decibels short of shouting. "Alien vessel! You are trespassing in Soj-Banij space, having made common cause with our ancestral enemies the Na-Banij, and will immediately leave this system or face utter destruction. Our first attack was but a foretaste of the firepower we may soon bring to bear."

"Friendly chap, isn't he?," Bennett murmured just loudly enough for Pourtash to hear.

"I am Capt. Sundri Parvinder Singh of the USS Yorktown, representing the United Federation of Planets," the Captain said calmly. "We have come in peace and mean no harm to you, despite your unprovoked attack on this ship. We do not recognize your authority to exclude us from this system, sir, as yours is obviously not the sole government of the Banij people. I assure you we have made common cause with no one; we hope to be friends to all. We intend to assume orbit around your world, to study it and to peacefully speak and visit with your people and the other nations, and in time to determine how we might ensure that this first contact will be for the benefit of all."

"That is...." the Soj-Banij spluttered. "You cannot possibly...."

"Moreover," said the Captain, as if she had not been interrupted at all, "I must caution you that another attack upon this ship, or upon any other ship, orbital station or lunar outpost while the Yorktown is in this system, may be regarded as sufficient reason to utterly destroy the site from which any such attack comes. I suggest, with all due respect, that you stand down, and you will then find that we have nothing but the friendliest regard for all the people of Banij Prime." She smiled warmly. "But tell me, please, who am I addressing?"

"I am Treggint, First Citizen of the Soj-Banij Republic," he blustered. "And I have no more to say to you at this time. You have been warned, Captain. Leave at once or suffer the consequences." He angrily switched off.

Singh let out a long, slow breath, and leaned back in her seat.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 14 Oct 2010 at 11:38 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney sits abashed at his station amazed by the stupidity he just heard from First Citizen of the Soj-Banij Republic. He expects the Yorktown will now have to stay in Red Alert status for a long duration and this will take away from time learning the ship and studying the records and tech flashes for possible incremental improvements.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Pourtash shakes his head in amazement. It seemed ridiculous for the First Citizen of the Soj-Banij Republic to taunt and threaten alien visitors when he had no idea what technology the Yorktown might have to defend themselves, yet that was exactly what had happened. "Note to self; diplomacy is not the primary export of the Soj-Banij," he whispers just loud enough for Bennett.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Hayes quickly heads to Sickbay. Rachel is more than willing to let the Bridge crew deal with missiles and silos and such. She enters Sickbay.
    "Excuse me, Dr. Villa, but the captain requests Pev's presence on the Bridge." She smiles at Pev. "Pev, would you come with me, please?"
    Rachel is intrigued by the slight difference in appearance between the Na and Soj. She wonders what the Deq look like. She wonders if they're all clones. And if so, why....

Registered
    Jan 2010

Fujishiro does a perfunctory scan of the missile debris while the diplomacy is occurring. Once Singh is free, she addresses her, "Captain, on your command, I am ready to deploy the sensor probe to study the Zheng ray anomaly."

Registered
    Feb 2009

The Soj-Banij's rant reminded Jeremi of some of her Enterprise missions. "It's a pity," she thinks to herself, "there isn't some way for first contact worlds to send reviews of their encounters with the Federation, positive and negative, via subspace, to newly space faring worlds." Perhaps Collins will look into inventing something like that during her down time.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Singh says, "Go to Yellow Alert, Mr. Vargas. Keep our shields up and phasers charged for the time being." She then sends brief messages of greetings and goodwill to all the other national Banij leaders, consistent with what she'd said to those of the Na- and Soj-Banij. She orders Pourtash to put the ship in standard orbit over the Na-Banij capital.

"Wouldn't it be better to assume a polar orbit, Captain, to avoid any perception of favoritism towards the Na-Banij?" Pourtash overhears Vargas ask Singh.

"Not a bad idea, Mr. Vargas," the Captain says quietly, "but we did first bump into the Na-Banij, we now have one of their astronauts on board, and their leader was the first to invite us to visit. A standard orbit will also keep us out of direct line-of-sight of Soj territory, which will give us slightly more warning time if there's another attack."

Hayes is able to collect Pev from a bemused Dr. Villa and returns with him to the Bridge. Does she ask him anything along the way?

Fujishiro's scans show that the missiles were almost vaporized. Collins, applying her Security expertise, sees nothing remarkable in the sensor data. The Captain still says to hold off on launching a satellite to study the Zheng rays, at least for the moment; she doesn't want to further aggravate Soj paranoia. She orders you to continue to scan for Zheng rays with the Yorktown's own sensors, as well as to keep an eye on Soj territory for any other missile launches or aggressive activity.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Hayes notes that the ship is now on Yellow Alert -- a good sign -- for the moment, at least.

Rachel fills Pev in as to what's been happening. "The Soj fired missiles at us and we responded by destroying them. Your ship is safe. I don't know what the captain wants to ask you, but I'm sure your insights will be helpful."

Registered
    Mar 2009

Pourtash puts the ship into a standard orbit over the Na-Banij capital as ordered. Shields remain up and weapons are ready should there be any further missiles. He waits somewhat anxiously, curious about what might happen next. It's doubtful the Soj have anything they can't take, but there could always be nasty surprises. The world below being torn apart by paranoia and war from their first contact would be disaster, too.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins continues to scan for any launches of any kind.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Pourtash, Fujishiro, Delaney and the rest of the Bridge watchstanders are vigilant, but the Soj take no further overt action, at least for now.

The Captain asks Pev if he has any thoughts or insights into the situation. The alien says, "Simply this, Captain: The Soj-Banij are aggressive by nature, and I suspect that they are deeply upset by the fact that my people were the first to meet offworlders in such a huge and mighty ship. The Yorktown is a wonder like nothing we have ever seen. They fear the loss of [untranslatable] and the shame of coming in second to us yet again. I would put nothing past them."

Singh looks concerned but says, "Thank you, Pev. Would you like to return to the Venture, or remain here for now? I expect we'll be beaming down to your capital city in the next hour or so."

Pev says without hesitation, "I would prefer to remain here, Captain, if I may."

"Fine. I'll let you talk more to Ens. Hayes now, but I may ask you to return to the Bridge if anything else comes up." She says to Hayes, "Take our guest down to Conference Room 1, Mr. Hayes, and continue your conversation there. Dr. Brownlock, Mr. Collins, please go along, too." Hayes remembers what the First Officer so pointedly said earlier about unasked questions.

Registered
    Jul 2010

Brownlock smiles at Pev. "You're going to know this ship better than I do before this is all over. Shall we proceed to the Conference Room?"

Registered
    Sep 2009

"As you wish," Pev says, as he gets on the turbolift with the three of you.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

In Conference Room 1, Ens. Hayes looks about her with a sigh. Rachel keeps thinking about what Collins said. Can Pev be trusted?

"Before we beam down to your homeworld, Pev, we need to know if there are any dangers lurking about down there." Rachel recalls the possibility of a cloaked ship-
    Romulans and/or Klingons-with a shudder. "For your safety and ours, you must be truly honest with us about what we may be facing."

Registered
    Sep 2009

Pev thinks for a few moments and then says, "As you have probably realized by now, our world is almost on the brink of a fusion war. Our foes the Soj are basically irrational both in their hatred of us and their desire for world domination. Our discovery of faster-than-light travel was a huge blow to their sense of superiority. And now, your arrival and rendezvous with our ship, interpreted by them as a virtual [untranslatable] alliance, has further aggravated them. Your obvious technological superiority will have done little to dissuade the Soj from their illusions, which their leaders for political reasons have encouraged and cultivated over the years. You will, I believe, be safe while visiting my people, but I cannot predict the future. Can you?" You cannot tell from his tone if he is challenging you, or is merely curious.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney continues to monitor the sensors and investigating the Zheng rays.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Hayes lets out a sigh. "No, Pev, I can't predict the future. But I can do what I can to make sure that our ship and crew are safe. I know you feel the same way about your ship and homeworld."

Rachel wonders what Brownlock and Collins think of Pev's reply. Hopefully, they have some questions to ask that might shed some light on things.
    "What about the Deq-Banij, Pev? What role do they play in all of this?"

Registered
    Jul 2010

"It is promising that you, at least, have channeled your energies to scientific exploration rather than destruction," Brownlock replies. "Now that we've arrived, and they've taken a shot at us, do you fear they might attack your continent as well?"

Registered
    Sep 2009

Delaney sees nothing of concern on the sensors, at least for the moment. With Roble's permission, you set up an automatic scanning program for the lateral sensor array to check for Zheng rays in and around Banij Prime orbit every few seconds, alternating between other routine scans, and to sound an alarm if any are detected. After ten minutes, however, none have been found.

Pev says to Hayes, "As I said in Sickbay, the Deq-Banij are more like us than the Soj, but have generally remained neutral in world affairs. They applaud our starflight research but care more for the oceans. They tend to their deep-submergence vessels, their underwater cities and algae farms, and keep the Soj at bay with just enough of an arsenal to maintain deterrence. If war were to break out, they would suffer terrible losses, as would we all, but would perhaps be the least affected, given their extensive presence beneath our homeworld's seas."

He replies to Brownlock, "Aggressively militaristic as the Soj are, I still doubt that they will launch a fullscale war, given the military balance of power. And your ship is another variable that they will have to consider, especially given how easily you [untranslatable] dispatched their three missiles."

You both, and Collins, may ask multiple questions of Pev in each post, if you wish. You don't have to limit yourselves to one at a time.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 21 Oct 2010 at 09:53 PM.

Registered
    Jan 2010

Fujishiro maintains her post.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Pourtash maintains the orbit, watching for anything further requiring action.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins doesn't interpret a challenge in Pev's comment, nor does she believe it was spoken in innocent sincerity. "It's good to hear that the Deq are exploring and colonizing the oceans. On Earth we still are learning about our oceans. Have been for centuries. I hope we are able to visit the Deq at some point." But Jeremi isn't relaxed at all. "Pev, have your astrophysicists ever encountered Zheng Rays?"

Registered
    Sep 2009

Pev looks puzzled; the name means nothing to him. When Collins brings up diagrams and specifications for them on the tabletop Library Computer display, he looks closely and says, "No, I'm not familiar with these kinds of rays. As far as I know, they have not been discovered by our scientists. They do not occur naturally, I see. I have no explanation for them."

Pourtash sees nothing out of the ordinary. He and Bennett converse easily, however, and he enjoys her company while attending to his duties.

Roble approves Fujishiro's earlier proposal for recalibrating the sensors for better Zheng ray detection, and Delaney and Fujishiro can now begin the work. The Science Officer is in the command chair while Singh and Vargas confer in her office.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 22 Oct 2010 at 10:28 PM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Ens. Hayes has come to the conclusion that either Pev knows nothing of any real import or he does and has no plans to tell them. She frowns and lets out a long sigh. Rachel feels frustrated, but not sure why. Pev seems much less innocent and curious than when they first met him. His more detailed description of the Deq has Rachel eager to learn more. They sound much more interesting to her than the Na or Soj. Ocean exploration is one of Rachel's favorite subjects.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Pev sits there and stares at Hayes and the others. So why not ask him about the Deq?, she thinks. Cmdr. Vargas will want a full briefing.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 23 Oct 2010 at 11:25 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney discusses the details with Fujishiro and digs into the interesting job.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

"I'd like to know more about the Deq," Hayes says. "Have the Na tried to engage them in any way? Perhaps trade or as an ally?"
    She pauses a moment. "I know they prfer their isolation, but it sounds to me like the Na and Deq would benefit from some kind of connection with each other."

Registered
    Sep 2009

Delaney and Fujishiro begin their work, which is difficult but not impossible. Roble offers a suggestion now and then.

Pev says, "Yes, we have close trading ties with the Deq, who are more than happy to sell us fish, crustaceans, other seafood, oceanic gear and the like. In turn, they buy our electronics and consumer goods, as well as some of our farm products. Both nations have found these dealings lucrative, by and large, over the years, although there have been occasional trade disputes. They are resolutely neutral in political and military affairs, however, not wanting to draw the ire of the Soj. I don't follow politics all that closely, I have to admit, but I know that our leaders have made several offers of alliance with them in recent decades, and still they are never interested."

Registered
    Jan 2010

While Fujishiro is working on the sensor modifications, she maintains a standard geophysical mapping sweep in the background. Captures all the basic planetary data--atmospheric phenomena, biomes, geological formations, population distribution, transport and energy networks, etc. Of course, being stuck in a standard orbit means we can only map the third of the planet's surface that we're positioned over.

She mutters to Delaney, "Hopefully, the diplomatic situation improves so we can deploy the probe in an orbit with better coverage."

Registered
    Feb 2009

"There are a few things I would like to know, Pev," Collins interrupted, "when was your last skirmish with the Soj? Surely the Deq had some interactions with the Soj, as well, before they hid underwater?" Jeremi makes a mental note to ask about the possibility of meeting with all three nations' leaders at the same time. Based on nothing but her gut, she senses that Pev is not revealing the whole truth of the Banij World.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

"Pev, I've noticed that there is a slight difference in appearance between the Na and the Soj. Could you explain this difference to us?"

Registered
    Sep 2009

Thalen mentions offhandedly to Fujishiro that the Captain has been using the ship-to-surface frequencies quite a lot since leaving the Bridge.

Fujishiro is soon called by Singh from her office, where she is still meeting with Vargas. The Captain says, "I've advised all of the Banij leaders of our intention to deploy unarmed but shielded probes as satellites around their world, as a means of peaceful study. I've promised to share all the data with any nation which wishes it. Only the Soj objected, but they agreed not to attack any of them. I'm willing to take the chance. Prepare three such probes, Mr. Fujishiro, and deploy them in equidistant high orbits as soon as possible. That should give us complete sensor coverage, as well as provide early warning if the Soj do attack again."

In the conference room, Pev tells Collins, "There have been various border incidents with the Soj in the past few years. Last year they sank one of our oceanic cargo ships without provocation. Several of our aircraft have disappeared under mysterious circumstances, as well; we always suspect the Soj but have no hard evidence. Our embassy in their capital is routinely harassed. Of course we do not respond in kind. The Deq have long had more peaceful relations with the Soj, due to their neutrality. The Deq are not entirely underwater, by the way; in fact, only about a fourth of their population routinely is. But they are much more involved in undersea colonization than any other nation."

The alien answers Hayes. "Our peoples are of very different genotypes, as you have no doubt noticed. The Na rely on science to maintain our racial purity and beneficial traits; the Soj, being little more than well-armed barbarians, do nothing of the kind."
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 25 Oct 2010 at 10:42 PM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

"I find that very interesting," Hayes replies. "What do the Deq look like? Could you tell us what, if any, knowledge the Banij cultures have of cloning?"

Registered
    Sep 2009

"The Deq are more of a pinkish hue than either we or the Soj, and are generally smaller," Pev says. "As to cloning, if I may say so without seeming to boast, the Na-Banij are our world's acknowledged experts. The others merely dabble, while we have, through careful study, determined the finest genes for our people. We rely upon cloning to ensure that our leaders, scientists and warriors are the best it is possible to create. As the Deq have turned to the sea and established its mastery, and the Soj to [untranslatable] militarism, so have we turned to cloning. I am, myself, part of the nineteenth generation descended from my gene-progenitor, and have more than million brothers and sisters, including my crewmates on the Venture."

Registered
    Jan 2010

Fujishiro eagerly prepares the probes and deploys them. She automates the collection process so that it will be simple to deliver geophysical data and Zheng ray detections separately and without revealing any sensitive information about Federation technology.

Closed thread