Closed thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek RPG - Mission #1: "On the Brink"

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Hayes will swim a few laps in the pool, then eat a light breakfast (she's still quite full from the Banij feast) and hopefully have a chance for a brief discussion with
    Lt. Cmdr. Roble about her tricorder readings before the meeting.

I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Jeremi hits the snooze bar a couple of times, but manages to get up, washed, and dressed in plenty of time.

Registered
    Jul 2010

Brownlock stops by Sickbay to look over his readings in case there is something to report at the meeting

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney reviews all the data collected on his tricorder the night before for anything odd or interesting.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Fujishiro learns that no additional radiation anomalies have been discovered overnight, although the small satellites have been gathering a lot of useful information.

Roble meets with Hayes and Fujishiro in one of the Sciences labs and praises them for their tricorder readings. He thinks they might someday even be used in training Starfleet personnel for First Contact situations.

First Officer Vargas asks Collins to assist him in looking over the planetary leaders' meeting site, a converted mess hall, after the senior staff meeting. You are struck again by what a cold fish he seems.

When Dr. Brownlock stops into Sickbay, Nurse Perry asks him to look over Delaney's medical scan and blood sample from the night before to see if anything is amiss; she doesn't think there is. Although a fine nurse, of course she isn't a trained diagnostician.

Delaney's tricorder readings of the robots and the flying discs are particularly interesting; the technologies are dissimilar to those known to the Federation. There may be commercial applications, or trade possibilities, for these particular examples of Banij engineering.

Capt. Singh convenes a meeting of the Yorktown's senior staff at the stroke of 1000. Over a piping hot cup of tea she says, "Good morning, everyone. Mr. Vargas tells me that the Na and Soj have overnight, as agreed, reduced the alert level of their forces and begun to withdraw the troops which they'd moved to their shared border. I want to build on those first steps in this afternoon's meeting. Any particular thoughts or observations about what happened yesterday, and what our approach should be today?"
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 26 Nov 2010 at 11:31 PM.

Registered
    Jan 2010

After a quick review of her conversation with the Becc and Geu representatives, Fujishiro forwards, "I believe we have much to gain by actively engaging the other Banij factions. In addition to demonstrating our impartiality among the factions, we can gain more neutral information about the Soj and Na. As a suggestion, scientific exchanges may be most useful, both on their own merits and to establish personal contacts."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

"Ens. Fujishiro has a good point," Ens. Hayes says. "The Soj and Na have clear agendas that are in conflict with each other. The other Banij factions could play an important role here." Hayes pauses a moment, then continues. "I'm also quite curious about the Soj and their 'cooperation' now after such a hostile start. Our presence and the realization that we have the upper hand might have something to do with it, but I'd be on the alert for a hidden agenda from the Soj."

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Yes, sir" Collins responds to Vargas. "All business with him", she thinks to herself, "that's fine. But what does he expect to find in that mess hall?"

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Are they actually factions," Vargas asks Hayes and Fujishiro, "or nation-states as would have been found on Earth at that analogous point in its socio-political development? Won't that make a difference as to how we deal with them?"

"Did you learn anything yesterday about the various Banij cultures that would be useful in today's discussions?" Science Officer Roble also asks. "Points of interest, particular strengths or weaknesses, or social concepts that will better help us bring the parties together in agreement?"
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 30 Nov 2010 at 01:08 AM.

Registered
    Jan 2010

"History is not my strong point," notes Fujishiro. "I'm not entirely clear about the the fine distinctions between 'nation-state' and 'faction'. But now that they are aware of the larger galaxy that their world is a part of, perhaps they will find that their own intraplanetary differences matter less." She adds with an impish smile, "and if they are not aware, our priority should be to make them so."

Having already reviewed her conversation during the meeting, she allows others to give input.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Ensign," Collins addresses Fujishiro, "even if you're kidding, it's a bad idea. Putting aside the Prime Directive, our goal should be to encourage them to work together. They know it's there, even if they don't yet grasp the galaxy's enormity. They have a better chance of exploring it safely by cooperating, than by racing to see who gets there first with a "casualties be damned" attitude."

Registered
    Jan 2010

Fujishiro looks at Collins with a confused expression. "I think you must have misunderstood me, since your suggestion is the same as mine."

Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins apologizes and explains she was reacting to Fujishiro's jibe about "making them aware of it"

Registered
    Jul 2010

Brownlock waits his turn to report on his finding about the sudden and intense headaches.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney will add to the headaches his own experience and the data he collected on the robots.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Dr. Villa says, "Captain, Dr. Brownlock would like to report on two of the landing party members' headaches, I know. Nurse Perry helped him with some bloodwork and a scan last night of Mr. Delaney."

"Go ahead, Doctor," Singh says encouragingly.

Later in the meeting, everyone is very interested to hear about the young engineer's findings about the robots and the flying discs. Chief Engineer Cheverez suggests that as to those devices, at least, the Banij are on a par with - and perhaps slightly more advanced than - the Federation.

Capt. Singh also says, "I thought I overheard something about the Na-Banij actually practicing slavery. What do we know about that?"
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 01 Dec 2010 at 12:25 AM.

Registered
    Jan 2010

Fujishiro purses her lips and silently wonders how much attention the other officer give to her reports. "Captain, as I covered in my review, the Becc diplomat stated that the Na keep their non-cloned people in a form of slavery. I don't believe we have any further information about that."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

"The various Banij cultures all seem to be quite different from each other," Ens. Hayes says. "If we can find out how they are alike -- if at all -- that would be a good starting point in the discussions." Hayes ponders a moment, then adds, "I'd like to know more about how Banij culture began. They all may be at odds now, but perhaps they were not at one point in their distant past. The past can tell us much about the present."

Registered
    Mar 2009

"Or they might have been even further at odds," comments Pourtash. "A bit of history would be valuable, though. I'd be particularly interested in knowing how the political bodies that exist now came to be and what was occurring when the cloning became ubiquitous among the Na."

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Those are all questions worth asking our guests this afternoon," Roble says, nodding. "As Mr. Hayes knows from her studies, where a people come from can be enormously important in figuring out where they're headed."

"But war - or the threat of war - can distort societies in ways nothing else can," Vargas added. "It sounds like the Banij have lived under the threat of global war for awhile now."

At a nod from the CMO, Dr. Brownlock changes the subject. "I found no particular cause for the headaches our two officers suffered. Mr. Delaney's medical scan and blood sample told me nothing I didn't already know. I still think it very likely that stress and the high noise level in the dining room was probably responsible." Delaney and Fujishiro have both felt fine since getting the Metorapan shot and returning to the Yorktown.

"Very well. Thank you, Doctor. Anything else anyone would like to say?" Singh asks.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 01 Dec 2010 at 11:02 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Lt. Thalen says, "Cmdr. Vargas suggested that, since the landing party saw a bit of Banij culture on the planet, the musicians, dancers and so forth, that we might return the favor here. I've arranged for several members of the Lyceum to briefly perform." Soon after you boarded the Yorktown, as part of your orientation briefing, Lt. JG Bennett explained the Lyceum to you. It's a shipboard arts and cultural organization which Thalen heads. It sponsors regular concerts, plays, lectures, poetry readings, movie showings, art displays, a debating society and at least four different book clubs. He continues, "Right now I have Dr. Bucci playing the violin, Lt. Dahlquist singing, and Spec/3 Anand playing the khim or Thai hammered dulcimer. We could probably have another performer or two; would any of you like to do anything as part of the entertainment?"

Registered
    Feb 2009

"I could sing," Jeremi volunteers, "I have several accompaniment tracks in my personal collection"

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Sorry, I have no performance skills. Break a leg though."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Ens. Hayes is eager to contribute her talents. "I would be happy to give a short poetry reading. Perhaps a bit of Shakespeare sonnets and some Robert Frost? Also, Edna St. Vincent Millay is a real favorite of mine."

Registered
    Sep 2009

Thalen makes a note on his data tablet. "Mr. Collins and Mr. Hayes. Very good. Limit yourself to five minutes each, please; I'll let you know later this afternoon in what order you'll appear."

With nothing else needing to be discussed, Singh adjourns the meeting. "Get some lunch, everyone. I have a feeling the diplomatic session might run long."

Captain's Log, Stardate 5985.3. We remain in orbit around Banij Prime, and will soon welcome aboard a contingent of its leaders and diplomats. I'm determined to see that we succeed, to keep a world with so much to offer from slipping into a catastrophic global war. Mr. Vargas has done a fine job preparing for this shipboard conference.

Collins, mindful of Vargas's orders, goes to look over the large meeting room, a converted mess hall. Viewports along one bulkhead provide a breathtaking view of the planet below, wreathed in clouds; she sees why Vargas picked this room. Chief Nguyen and his maintenance crew have scrubbed it thoroughly, arranging tables and chairs to accommodate Capt. Singh, her officers and all of the thirty-some Banij visitors, and placing the Federation and Starfleet flags behind the Captain's seat. Four stewards are setting up a long serving table for food and drinks. The galley staff next door is bustling, and the replicators are also available, if needed. A small raised platform at one end of the room awaits the Lyceum performers. Everything looks shipshape.

Collins walks the route from Transporter Room 1 to the meeting room and finds that it takes about three minutes. She double-checks the placement of Security officers along the way, and orders the corridors adjoining the route to be closed for additional protection. As she makes a few notes for her report to Vargas, she realizes that she should probably rehearse her songs at least once before the conference begins, but she has a nagging feeling that something's not yet done... or is wrong.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 05 Dec 2010 at 10:35 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins stands for a minute and mentally retraces her steps. Even though the nagging unease does not subside, she is confident that she has done her job well, and rushes off to her quarters to pick out some music.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Before lunch, Ens. Fujishiro checks her shipboard comm account and finds a message from Ens. Giya, a Deltan chemist and younger woman with whom she has worked a little since coming aboard. Giya wrote:

Forgive me for bothering you, but I need to ask your advice. The Starfleet Chief of Staff has just released a statement about a proposed new policy which might mean the difference between me making a career of Starfleet, which I had hoped to do, and leaving within weeks. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Many thanks. G.

There are two attachments. The first is a statement by Fleet Adm. Daniel Hirsch, the Starfleet Chief of Staff:

Starfleet, like the Federation that it loyally and honorably serves, values diversity and welcomes the talents of all of its personnel. Individuals from more than a hundred worlds now serve in Starfleet. From time to time, and in a nondiscriminatory manner, the Fleet's policies must be changed to reflect the innate characteristics of its personnel.

Since the first Deltans joined Starfleet five years ago, there have been several incidents in which their entirely natural pheromone release has had unintended consequences for those who served with them. Deltans are, both physiologically and culturally, highly sexualized beings, and this has, frankly, created some difficulties in terms of their service in Starfleet. Especially in shipboard situations, these regrettable incidents have sometimes had, and always carry the potential for, a harmful impact upon the Fleet’s chain of command, good order, discipline and readiness.

After careful study and after extensive consultations with the Deltan Government, and consistent with the professional opinion and thoughtful recommendation of the Starfleet Surgeon General, Starfleet is now proposing a policy by which Deltans serving in Starfleet will be required to swear an oath of celibacy, promising to refrain from any sexual contact with fellow non-Deltan personnel. Although, to be blunt, I can't say I am entirely comfortable with this policy, I believe it's the best approach possible under the circumstances.

The President has approved the policy, and we anticipate that it will be adopted by the Federation Council during its current session. If Starfleet is persuaded that the policy should be revisited, or changed, of course we will do so….

The second is the proposed Starfleet regulation:

All Deltan personnel serving in Starfleet shall, within 90 days of the adoption of this Section, take the following oath:

“I, [name], do solemnly swear or affirm that I shall refrain from any sexual contact or sexual conduct whatsoever with non-Deltan personnel while serving in Starfleet. I shall, if necessary and upon recommendation of the medical officer directly responsible for my care, undergo drug therapy to suppress or alter my pheromone release. I understand that, if I fail to abide by the terms of my oath, I may be subject to appropriate stepped discipline, up to and including, in serious cases, criminal prosecution and dishonorable discharge.”

Any Deltan personnel serving at the time of the adoption of this Section who cannot, in good faith, take the aforementioned oath shall, upon application to the Starfleet Administrator within 90 days of its adoption, be honorably discharged, and awarded any service citations or medals otherwise earned, as well as pension benefits commensurate with their service to date.

What do you do or say in response?

Do the rest of you do anything before the Banij leaders begin coming aboard?

For more info: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Deltan
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 06 Dec 2010 at 11:37 PM.

Registered
    Jan 2010

Fujishiro knows a few dances and some Japanese drumming techniques, but both require groups and preparation to perform properly. She'll pass on an ad hoc performance.

Fujishiro will make time to go talk with Giya. Based on her message, it seems like she will be unable to take the proposed oath. Enforced celibacy is rather draconian. Fujishiro assumes there are no other Deltans aboard the Yorktown? Even if there were, the restrictions might be untenable.

Fujishiro doesn't have much definite assistance to offer Giya, but offers help as she can. Perhaps the Captain can try influence the policy makers. Are exemptions possible? Maybe it's possible to get an acceptance period of longer than 90 days. It's unfortunate that Starfleet will lose good officers by this.

Fujishiro will try to check up on the sensors. Surely, there'll be something of interest? In any case, she'll load a data chip with a summary of the data to date, with the hope that there'll be a Banij scientist she can talk with.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Fujishiro finds Giya alone in her quarters. She is bald like all Deltans, of course, and very attractive.

She takes your hand and says gratefully, "Thank you for coming so quickly. I know we haven't talked much up to now, but I've admired what I've seen of you on duty. You've been in Starfleet longer than me, and you strike me as someone with a good head on her shoulders. I'm just not sure I can take this oath. My sexuality is part of who I am. I don't force myself on anyone, obviously, but there have been... opportunities to share pleasure with several people since I was assigned to the Yorktown, and I've done so. I haven't hurt anyone; quite the opposite." She shrugs. "It is our way. I'm the only Deltan aboard and this policy is just too harsh. I don't know what the Captain can do about it - it'll be a Starfleet reg. It doesn't look like there will be any exemptions, either, although I suppose I could ask. What would you do? This is very difficult for me. I feel honored to serve in Starfleet, and I would truly hate to end my career so soon after starting it."

Collins gets halfway to her quarters, then stops in her tracks. She wonders if she's being paranoid but decides that, to be on the safe side, she will scan the meeting room with a tricorder.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 08 Dec 2010 at 12:55 AM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Ens. Hayes will plan for her poetry reading. She will choose a few poems and practice reading them out loud. She enjoys sharing her love of poetry with others and this is a wonderful opportunity to share her culture with the Banij.

Registered
    Jan 2010

Fujishiro shrugs, "Ah, perhaps I am not the best person to ask, since I have chosen to be celibate myself. So the particulars are difficult for me relate to."

"Since you say your sexuality is an integral part of your self, if I were in an analogous situation, I'd resign. Starfleet has unique opportunities, but it is by no means the only career path for skilled scientists."

"If you're inclined, it may be satisfying to become politically active about this. Such a sudden change in policy is certain to generate controversy. You should be able find many supportive people. At the very least, you can make formal complaints up the chain of command and to your Federation representatives."

Registered
    Jul 2010

Brownlock checks his dress uniform (and decides to check to see if it's required - hate to be the only one wearing it) in preparation for the upcoming activities. He's more than a little interested in what hidden talents his shipmates posses.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins does a full sweep of the room with her tricorder, then studies the readout.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Hayes finds it hard to narrow down her favorite poems to just five minutes' worth. What will she do?

Giya wanly thanks Fujishiro for her advice, but doesn't seem much closer to a decision.

Brownlock checks his comm account and sees that dress uniforms aren't required.

Collins notices an odd reading on her Security tricorder from behind one bulkhead panel, which is sealed. She calls Delaney and asks him to bring his toolkit. They soon remove the panel, and Collins sees a unmarked cylinder as big as her forearm and some kind of miniaturized control box tucked away among the ducts and wiring. It doesn't appear to be Starfleet equipment, and in any event Delaney knows at once that it doesn't belong there.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins call Cmdr Vargas and fills him in, then asks Delaney if he knows anything about diffusing bombs.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Hayes decides to read a few poems written by Robert Frost. She's from Vermont and Frost wrote many of his most well-known poems while living there. Though not really homesick, Hayes does miss the snow and beauty of winter in New England. She hopes to share her love of this place with the Banij using Frost's poems.

Rachel is looking forward to hearing Lt. Dahlquist sing. She hasn't forgotten the handsome Swede. With so much going on, Rachel hasn't had the chance to ask
    Lt. JG Bennett about him yet. Others on board have been socializing and making friends. Rachel hopes to do the same.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney replies, "Scan, lock and transport off to a safe distance. That is how engineers diffuse bombs." He says this as he scans the odd unit and then calls for both the CHENG and the transporter room to standby for a possible emergency in ship transport.

What does my scanner tell me about the device?

Registered
    Sep 2009

From the Bridge, Vargas curses in Spanish in response to Collins's report, but thanks her and tells her to do nothing until he gets there. Moments later the Red Alert klaxon sounds and the First Officer's voice comes over the Yorktown's shipwide intercom: "All hands, this is not a drill. Repeat, this is not a drill. Initiate Damage Control Measure F. All personnel will immediately evacuate any compartments adjoining Mess Hall 8C. This order extends to compartments on that deck, and above and below. All primary-hull gastight doors are then to be closed and sealed until further notice. Stand by for further instructions." You know that Damage Control Measure F anticipates severe internal damage, up to and including a breach of the outer hull.

Delaney's scan shows that the device is made of an unfamiliar tritanium-gelanicite alloy. There are some trace elements in the alloy which the tricorder doesn't recognize; you've never seen anything quite like it before. The cylinder reads as a gas canister with a silent, ultrafine spray-dispersal nozzle. The gas inside, stored at 50 atmospheres, is also unfamiliar to you. The control box has several unmarked buttons and indicators.

Chief Engineer Cheverez and the Transporter Room acknowledge your message. Cheverez says he's on his way.

The Banij leaders and their aides are now due to arrive in less than half an hour.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 10 Dec 2010 at 12:22 AM.

Registered
    Jan 2010

"At least you have some time to make a decision," Fujishiro says as she excuses herself when the alert sounds. She heads to the bridge by the quickest possible route.

Registered
    Jul 2010

Brownlock hurries down to Sickbay, in case things go badly and there are injuries.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Dr. Villa reminds Brownlock that his post during a Red Alert is on the Bridge, unless otherwise ordered, and he goes there. Capt. Singh is in the center chair. Fujishiro is already at Sciences, under Roble's watchful eye. Pourtash takes the Helm; Bennett is at Navigation.

The Red Alert klaxon continues to sound, and Vargas and Cheverez arrive in the meeting room just a few seconds apart. Cheverez is followed by two Engineering technicians in red coveralls carrying a portable forcefield generator. They set it up carefully near the hidden cylinder and control box, which are linked by a half-meter of thick cable, and the Chief Engineer's fingers fly across the control panel. In seconds there is a low hum and a forcefield springs into existence, its slight, spherical distortion of visible light showing you its reach, which includes the entire object. "That should hold it if it explodes," Cheverez says, rubbing his chin.

"Maybe," Vargas says, a little skeptical. "Or at least minimize the damage. Recommendations, Mr. Delaney, Mr. Collins?"
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 11 Dec 2010 at 01:28 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Find another room for the meeting," Collins offered quickly, "to keep the Banij safe. The Captain and other senior staff should go ahead as planned while we deal with this."

"Although it occurs to me," she continues, "that may have been the plan, so I suggest using a room not ordinarily used for such purposes. The gymnasium, perhaps"
    Last edited by anyrose; 11 Dec 2010 at 03:30 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Delaney is pondering the make up of the device. Could we perhaps simply beam it off? "Sir, I had a few thoughts, 1) can we beam the device off. 2) we need to get a full scan done on the Yorktown to look for other alien devices. 3) We almost surely have a spy/saboteur on board. As this is a first contact, this is especially surprising. Someone might have beamed on board the Yorktown or we could have a crew member that was taken control of remotely. Also an outside chance of just a crazy crew member."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Ens. Hayes gets to the bridge quickly and takes her station at sciences.

Registered
    Sep 2009

"A fair point, Mr. Collins," Vargas says, frowning, "but there's no time to prepare another room for all of these Banij if we're going to stick to the original schedule. I don't know if they're sticklers for punctuality like the Tholians, but I doubt it'd reflect well on us if we postpone the talks. I also don't know if the military situation down on the planet would permit it."

Cheverez looks over his tricorder readings and says, "I think, sir, that we could safely beam it off the ship, as Mr. Delaney suggests, and just atomize it in space. There's no indication of a boobytrap or transporter-sensitive trigger, although I have to admit, I've never seen a gadget quite like this before." He purses his lips. "A scan of the entire ship would obviously take quite awhile, but it could be done. Might be a necessary precaution."

On the Bridge, Hayes notices that the Captain is listening to the First Officer and the others' discussion over the intercom. Singh finally says, "Mr. Vargas, obviously we don't have any bomb-disposal experts aboard. If you think you can safely beam the device off the ship, then do so. Don't atomize it, though - beam it into a higher orbit, well away from the ship, so we can recover it later for study." She turns to Roble, Hayes and Fujishiro at the twin Sciences stations. "Begin scanning the ship using internal sensors, looking for any other device with that distinctive alloy. How long will you need?"

"At least an hour, to be sure," Roble says.

"Very well. Begin at once. I don't want to delay the conference, so we'll go forward with it, and at the original site as planned. Mr. Vargas, go over that room with tricorders and a fine-tooth comb again, and check the Security visual logs to see who's been in there since it was selected for the conference."

"Aye, Captain."
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 11 Dec 2010 at 11:26 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Sir, I recommend we speed the scan in two ways, begin ship scans with the ventilation system and other accessible voids. Meanwhile issue tricorders to as many hands as possible to scan rooms and passages. Additionally, could medical review records for crew that might have a strong distaste for Saurians?"

Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins looks at Delaney and a lightbulb lights in her mind. "Sir," she addresses Cmdr Vargas, "why couldn't the mole be our Saurian Ens. Sathev! Perhaps his race is kin to one of the Banij, possibly even the Soj!"

Registered
    Jan 2010

Fujishiro concurs with Delaney about scanning the interstitial spaces first. She also suggests scanning the foreign object for DNA before it gets beamed off the ship, since the DNA is likely to be irretrievably degraded once it leaves the protection of the ship.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Hayes continues with her scans. She's troubled by the idea that a member of the crew could be involved in sabotage, but anything's possible.

Registered
    Sep 2009

The Captain hears you all out, and nods. "Very well. Mr. Delaney, commence scans along the lines you suggested. Mr. Collins, I think we have about 60 tricorders aboard. Issue them to all trained Security and Sciences personnel, and devise an efficient search pattern centered on the meeting room and then spreading out from there, including the Jefferies Tubes and ventilation ducts. Also, ask Dr. Brownlock to check Starfleet Medical records as to Yorktown personnel who may have an animus against Saurians. Mr. Fujishiro, that's a good idea; get down there and scan the device for DNA or analogous alien identifiers. I'd also be curious to know exactly what gas is in the cylinder."

Cheverez listens to Collins but looks skeptical, maybe even a little offended. He says, "Ens. Sathev is a fine officer. His work in my department as an environmental systems specialist has been very good. I highly doubt that he would be behind this gadget, and I wouldn't want his reputation to suffer because of speculation solely due to his race. Are you proposing to arrest or interrogate him, Mr. Collins?"

Closed thread