Closed thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 1131

Thread: Star Trek RPG - Mission #1: "On the Brink"

  1. #101
    Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Ens. Hayes is quite impressed with the Arboretum. She takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly.

    Rachel is usually so calm and cool. Ever since she learned about her reassignment, though, she's been nervous and on edge. She vows not to let her crewmates witness any of this.

    The Arboretum will definitely be a place where Rachel can regain her center.

    She heads back to her quarters. Fujishiro is asleep. Rachel quietly prepares for bed.

  2. #102
    Stegodon ds9writer's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    112

    Default

    After a quick peek into Sickbay to see if there was anything he needed to attend to (there wasn't), Brownlock strode back to his quarters (with only one wrong turn this time) and called it a night.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

  3. #103
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    "Nighttime" passes aboard the Yorktown and you all get a decent rest, although some toss and turn more than others.

    You meet First Officer Vargas at the appointed time the next morning, well-scrubbed and ready for anything. He is aloof but polite with you, and distributes watch schedules, saying, "Until further notice, each of you will stand a watch from 0800 to 1600.* You will each serve on the Bridge at least four out of every seven days; otherwise you'll stand watches in your respective departments - Mr. Delaney in Engineering, Dr. Brownlock in Sickbay, and so forth. The rest of your time is your own for study, training, recreation, mess and sleep, but let me emphasize that you are on call at all times. Your department chiefs may make what you consider unreasonable demands." He smiles thinly. "That is entirely their prerogative. If there is either a Yellow or Red Alert, you will report to the Bridge at once unless otherwise ordered."

    Vargas looks at each of you. "To become certified for Bridge Command Duty will be a challenge, given the deadlines I am setting. The Captain expects the best from you, and so do I. I'm sure you won't let us down. Any questions?"

    *8am to 4pm.

  4. #104
    I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    at my computer
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    "No, sir" said Ens Collins, eager to get started.

  5. #105
    Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central NJ (near Bree)
    Posts
    9,920

    Default

    "Yes sir, I do have a question," Delaney goes on to ask, "After my standard watch, may I stand additional partial watches on the Bridge?" He manages to be brief for a change and actually cut himself off from a long winded explanation.

  6. #106
    Pleonast's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Fujishiro looks over the schedule. "Is Bridge Command Duty training on watch or off?"

  7. #107
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    Vargas says, "With the approval of the Chief Engineer, you may stand additional partial watches on the Bridge, Mr. Delaney; mind that you don't burn yourself out, however. Mr. Fujishiro, BCDO training will be both on- and off-watch, as necessary. You'll hit the books on your own time, but have hands-on Bridge time while standing watches."

  8. #108
    Stegodon ds9writer's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    112

    Default

    "I assume, sir," Brownlock said, "that all my watches will be in Sickbay, and not on the Bridge?"

  9. #109
    Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Ens. Hayes frowned slightly. Bridge Duty was not something she enjoyed. She would endure the Bridge, however. Just part of Starfleet life.

    Rachel wondered how long it would be until her first landing party. She looked forward to it very much. She hoped it would be soon -- very soon....

  10. #110
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    The First Officer says, "No, Doctor, you'll stand Bridge watches just like the others, although demands on your time in Sickbay may mean you're on the Bridge a bit less often than your colleagues. When possible, the Captain likes the Life Sciences station to be manned, and to have a doctor available on the Bridge in case a medical emergency arises."

  11. #111
    The Queen Zuul's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,887

    Default

    "No questions, sir." This was all along the lines of what Faraz had expected, at least for himself.

  12. #112
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    It is now almost 0800, and Vargas leads you to the Bridge.

    Most of you have been on the bridge of a starship before, and some have not, but it's always a special experience to step out of the turbolift and into the command center of a new ship.

    There is the customary background hum, of course, the murmur of voices belowdecks reporting over the comm channels, the blinking of displays and the multicolored panoply of all the controls spread across so many gleaming consoles. Several of you immediately have the somewhat daunting sense of being in the very nerve center of a huge and powerful ship, knowing that others will soon be relying on you to help keep its intricate mechanisms at peak performance.

    Lt. Cmdr. Roble rises from the center chair when he sees Vargas. Just ahead of Roble are the Helm and Navigation stations, manned at the moment by Leventhal and Bennett. To starboard (right) along the outer bulkhead as you enter is the Communications station, manned by Lt. Thalen. He smiles at you absently, a small comm transceiver in his ear as he listens to an offship transmission. Going around the circumference of the Bridge from there are the primary and secondary Sciences stations, then Life Sciences, a general-purpose station, and the main viewscreen, which at the moment shows the bejeweled black starfield passing by and ahead of the ship. Next, beside the viewscreen, continuing now to port, is a sliding door to the service corridor that rings the Bridge, then the Security station and the Engineering station. A number of unfamiliar officers are at the various stations; they yield their posts at Vargas's nod.

    Some of you notice the ship's dedication plaque, mounted on the bulkhead in the alcove just to your left as you emerged from the turbolift. It reads:

    USS YORKTOWN
    CONSTITUTION CLASS
    CIRDAN FLEET YARDS

    Delaney remembers reading that the plaque's alloys include small scrapings from American, French and British cannon still at the original Revolutionary War battlefield, as well as from the hulls of several of the United States, United Earth and United Federation ships which in years past also proudly bore the name Yorktown.

    Roble shows Fujishiro and Hayes the Sciences stations and asks, "Who would like to take the primary station, and who the secondary, today?"

    Vargas shows Collins to the Security station and briefly explains its functions, but she is already quite familiar with it.

    Dr. Brownlock looks over the Life Sciences station, finding it much as he expected. There are controls for the ship's multiply-redundant life support and waste reclamation systems, a direct comm link to Sickbay, a storage compartment for a medikit and medical tricorder, and other features.

    Delaney settles in at the Engineering console and likes what he sees, too.

    Horst Leventhal stands at the Helm console and, without much obvious enthusiasm, thrusts his right hand out at Pourtash. "Welcome aboard, Ens. Pourtash. I stand relieved, if you wish." Pourtash is aware that Vargas is watching.

    What do you each do next?
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 15 Mar 2011 at 11:14 PM.

  13. #113
    I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    at my computer
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Collins takes her place at the security station. With one eye on the panel in front of her and the other eye on the bridge as a whole, she feels at home. Outwardly stalwart, inside she is smiling like a child on Christmas morning.

  14. #114
    Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Ens. Hayes took a deep breath and let it out slowly. This did little to calm her rapid heartbeat. The Bridge seemed to embrace Rachel like a mother gently hugging her child. She'd never felt this sensation aboard the Kongol . This vessel was different somehow. Rachel smiled.
    Perhaps she'd learn to enjoy Bridge Duty.

    Roble's question brought Rachel back to the present. Always the diplomat, Rachel nodded to Fujishiro. "Either station is fine with me, sir."

  15. #115
    Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central NJ (near Bree)
    Posts
    9,920

    Default

    Delaney pulls up the Yorktown Engineering Console's EOP*. He checks the power levels and balance, sees what is online and what is ready and most importantly looks for any unanswered alarms and recent alarms and resolutions.

    * Engineering Operation Procedures.

  16. #116
    Stegodon ds9writer's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Brownlock looked over the controls in front of him. Pretty standard stuff - just like his training. He smiled, bemused. Eight years of medical training, and here I am, checking to see if there are the proper amounts of nitrogen, oxygen, argon and the dozen other gases coursing through the ship's ventilation systems. Though, he supposed, there would be plenty of chances for him to perform life and death medical procedures. Be patient, he thought. You'll probably long for this kind of tedious duty before long...

  17. #117
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    Pourtash shakes Leventhal's hand, says, "Thank you, Ensign. I relieve you." He takes his seat at the Helm and settles in with a sidelong grin at Bennett.

    With a shrug, Fujishiro takes the primary Sciences console; Hayes obligingly takes the secondary. Science Officer Roble watches with approval as you each show your familiarity with the sensor and Library Computer controls. Collins and Brownlock are also soon confident of their ability to handle Bridge duty. Your first watch together ends without any significant problems.

    Five days pass.

    Cmdr. Vargas has set an aggressive training schedule for each of you, and you find most of your free time taken by studying or running simulations on the Auxiliary Bridge on Deck 6. You each get to know your cabinmates a bit better and can now find your way around the Yorktown with ease. Vargas keeps a sharp eye on you, living up to his reputation as a stern taskmaster, and from time to time you have the benefit of Capt. Singh's supervision, as well.

    One afternoon you are each again on the Bridge at your respective stations. This time Hayes is at the primary Sciences station while Fujishiro is at the secondary. The ship is approaching a previously-uncharted binary star system when Hayes notices an energy signature on long-range scanners.

  18. #118
    Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central NJ (near Bree)
    Posts
    9,920

    Default

    Delaney continues his routine checks.

  19. #119
    Stegodon ds9writer's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    112

    Default

    ...as does Brownlock.

    An energy signature... finally something other than tedium...
    Last edited by ds9writer; 23 Aug 2010 at 11:46 AM.

  20. #120
    Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Ens. Hayes remains totally focused on the energy signature, ready to report even the slightest change to the captain.

    It could be nothing, she reminds herself. Or -- it could be something significant.

  21. #121
    I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    at my computer
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Collins compares the energy signature's pattern to the database, twice.

    a) she double checks because she cannot believe what she has found

    or

    b) she double checks to make sure she didn't miss anything the first time through the database
    Last edited by anyrose; 23 Aug 2010 at 08:14 PM.

  22. #122
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    The energy signature appears to be that of a warp drive-equipped vessel. Either Hayes or Fujishiro, or both, may do further scans, compare the signature to those in Starfleet records, make a recommendation to the Captain (who, like Collins, is as yet unaware of what you have found), or do something else.

  23. #123
    Pleonast's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Fujishiro first checks to see if the energy signature matches any Starfleet vessel (allowing for some variance due to engine modifications or damage), then opens the search to any Federation vessel (again allowing for variances), and then, if no matches are found, a full library search and comparison.

    Once she has a match (or none), she'll glance over to Hayes for confirmation, giving her first chance to report to the Captain, since she detected it first.

  24. #124
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    Fujishiro finds no exact matches to vessels of any species in the Library Computer's vast database, although it is similar to some. Hayes confirms her findings, and they speak briefly before Hayes runs a more intensive scan. Then she turns and says to Singh, "Captain, sensors indicate a warp signature just outside of the outermost planet of the star system ahead. It appears to be a small vessel; I'm picking up three reptilian lifesigns."

    Singh says, "Thank you, Ensign. Run a full sensor sweep of that system. Find any habitable worlds or other artificial objects. Mr. Pourtash, increase speed to Warp 3, and take us in." She turns to Thalen and says, "Scan the EM spectrum for any localized signals, but don't hail the ship just yet."

    There is a chorus of "Aye, sir"s.

    Delaney, Brownlock and Collins can all access the incoming sensor data from their consoles.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 25 Aug 2010 at 01:24 AM.

  25. #125
    Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Ens. Hayes does a full sensor sweep, then reports to the captain.

    "One habitable world, sir. Nothing else detected at this time."

    Hayes continues to scan the sensors, watching for anything new.

  26. #126
    Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central NJ (near Bree)
    Posts
    9,920

    Default

    Delaney does a quick check to ensure proper power is available for Warp 3 and the engines are working fine.

    He begins to analyze the energy signature to see if it is a Warp signature or something else. If it is a Warp sig, which ships it most resembles.

  27. #127
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    Hayes adds, "There are 11 worlds in the star system, 14 moons, an asteroid belt, and numerous smaller planetoids. The two stars are both yellow dwarf G-type main sequence stars. There appear to be three small stations in orbit around the sole habitable world, which is fourth out from its star."

    Delaney sees that the Yorktown's engines are running smoothly. He runs a comparison of the warp signature and sees that it most closely resembles those of early Gorn or Saurian warp drives, according to historical records.

    Thalen reports, "It's still faint at this distance, Captain, but there are appear to be several hundred broadcast signals in the EM bands originating from the fourth planet or its immediate vicinity."

    Singh nods. "Very well. Route the signals to Ens. Hayes for a xenosociological analysis. Mr. Fujishiro, take over on long-range sensors."
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 25 Aug 2010 at 10:19 AM.

  28. #128
    Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central NJ (near Bree)
    Posts
    9,920

    Default

    Delaney reports, "Captain, it is indeed a warp signature and most closely resembles those of early Gorn or Saurian warp drives. I will continue to monitor and look for velocity changes."

  29. #129
    Pleonast's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    344

    Default

    In addition to the standard sensor sweeps, Fujishiro will double-check for possible communication or sensor beams emitted by the unknown vessel.

  30. #130
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    Fujishiro finds that the spacecraft is broadcasting on several wavelengths, both what appear to be communications directed back at the inhabited world, and sensor beams in the ultraviolet bands. Thalen confirms this, and further reports that the comm signals are encrypted. Singh orders him to attempt to crack the codes, and he begins to do so, tying in the Universal Translator.

    As you scan it, the spacecraft's warp drive stops and then, a few minutes later, starts again, now moving in a different direction.

    Your character need not repeat what I tell you in dialogue to the rest of the Bridge. We'll assume everyone's reporting aloud as they learn things, as was done by the characters on ST:TOS and other ST shows.

    Also, any non-story stuff in this thread should appear in green, as this does, or (better still) go in the setup thread. Thanks.

  31. #131
    Pleonast's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Fujishiro will attempt to identify the class or function of the ship. How maneuverable is it? Does it appear to be a sentry or scout? Any signs of weapon systems or shields? She will send any relevant data over to Collins for threat evaluation.

  32. #132
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    It appears to be a primitive starship, probably capable of going only slightly faster than Warp 1. It is perhaps a scout, but probably not a sentry, as it does not seem very manueverable, has only a low-powered navigational deflector shield, and is apparently unarmed. Collins soon realizes that it poses no military threat to the Yorktown.

  33. #133
    Pleonast's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Fujishiro opines, "Captain, the data is consistent with the unknown vessel being a prototype warp vessel. This may be this system's early attempt at achieving warp capability." She silently wonders what the Prime Directive implications are.

  34. #134
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    Vargas, looking over Collins's shoulder at the Security station, says, "I agree with Mr. Fujishiro, Captain. It appears we're about to make First Contact with a newly-starfaring society."

    Singh leans forward in her chair, smiling. "I believe you're right, Mr. Vargas... and each one is different. Opinions, options, anyone?"

  35. #135
    I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    at my computer
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    "I recommend approaching in a shuttlecraft at impulse speed," Collins was hoping to crew it, "and keep the Yorktown at a respectable distance. We don't want to intimidate them."

  36. #136
    Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central NJ (near Bree)
    Posts
    9,920

    Default

    Delaney feels a little out of his depth but suggests, "The shuttle idea is dangerous unless the Yorktown is a visible presence to allow the new contact knowledge we are extending an olive branch but pack some major fire power. You know, that we speak softly but carry a big stick. If we go aboard I would like a chance to go along and get a closer look at their systems to make a detailed report."

  37. #137
    Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Ens. Hayes does a thourough analysis of the broadcast signals and reports her findings to the captain.

  38. #138
    Stegodon ds9writer's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Brownlock feels a little useless on the bridge. While he can monitor all the readings the others are taking, they're just gibberish to him. Though a quick and easy quadruple bypass would probably feel the same to them, so he takes a little comfort.

  39. #139
    Pleonast's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Fujishiro analyzes whether or not their sensor will have been able to detect USS Yorktown yet. "Captain, I am trying to determine if they have detected us yet. If they have not, what are the standing orders for contacting civilizations that are still developing warp capability? Perhaps it is better to leave a sentry probe to covertly monitor this system."

    "Have we deciphered their communications?"

  40. #140
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    Hayes and Thalen are still reviewing the many simultaneous broadcast signals from the system; that takes some time. The Universal Translator is soaking them all up and should soon establish a linguacode idiomatic vocabulary program.

    Given the distance and the apparent tech level of the alien spacecraft, Collins and Fujishiro decide that it's unlikely that the Yorktown has been detected yet.

  41. #141
    Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Ens. Hayes continues to review the broadcast signals with Thalen's help while listening to the suggestions of the Bridge crew.

    "Captain, I believe we should continue to monitor the situation, listen in on their communications if we can, then decide whether actual contact or perhaps just a sentry probe would be best."

  42. #142
    I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    at my computer
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Inwardly, Collins rolls her eyes and thinks "what a wimp"

  43. #143
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    Singh asks the Science Officer to come to the Bridge. Roble is briefed by Hayes and Fujishiro on what they've learned, and looks over the data gathered so far. He says, "Captain, as you know, since this civilization has achieved warp flight, we're permitted under the Prime Directive to now make First Contact. What form that contact takes is up to you. Typically, where an alien starship is just outside of its apparent system of origin, as this one is, we would establish communications directly with it. Starship crews for societies taking their first steps outside of their home systems are usually - although not invariably - chosen from among the elite of their people, and are, by the nature of their work, more prepared to at least entertain the possibility of life forms other than their own species."

    The Universal Translator has by now established a baseline communications matrix, and Thalen and the others have broken the code and translated much of what is being said between the spacecraft and its homeworld. From her quick review Hayes reports, "The aliens are called the Banij. The ship is the Venture. It appears to be the first of its kind for the Banij, and has been undergoing testing for about two weeks."

    The Captain grins at Vargas. "The First Officer has always said that I tend to take the direct approach. I don't want to disappoint him now. Dr. Brownlock, please scan the astronauts themselves. I want to know more about their physiology and biology. Mr. Thalen, hailing frequencies, if you will."

    He taps at his console, then nods. "Hailing frequencies open, ma'am."

    She hits a button on her chair arm. "Greetings, Banij ship. This is Captain Singh of the USS Yorktown, representing the United Federation of Planets. Our ship is not far from yours. We come from a peaceful, multispecies interstellar society. Now that you have taken your first steps towards the stars, we take this opportunity to make contact, and to ask for permission to meet with you. We know that we have much to learn from you, and hope that you will find something useful in what we tell you. We await your response."

  44. #144
    Stegodon ds9writer's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Brownlock runs his scans and does some quick analysis. "Bio readouts from the Venture coming in, Captain."
    Last edited by ds9writer; 29 Aug 2010 at 05:09 PM.

  45. #145
    Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Ens. Hayes hopes the reply from the Banij is a positive one. She also hopes to be a member of the first landing party.

  46. #146
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    The good doctor's bioscans indicate that the Banij are coldblooded, bipedal, sentient reptilians. He runs a computer comparison of the two species' biosigns, physiology and anatomy, and finds that they are quite similar, perhaps even of the same genotype, although he cannot determine that without tissue samples.

    After a few moments, a response comes back from the alien ship, in the slightly slurred accent common to reptilians: "Thank you, Capt. Singh, for your message. This is Ren Gh'vaill'fan, Commander of the Venture, second starship of the Na-Banij. We are very pleased to have made peaceful contact with others from beyond our own system. We hope that this will serve as an inspiration to all of the peoples of our world. We would welcome your visit to our ship. May we dock with you?"

    Singh looks at Vargas and then replies, "Thank you, Commander. Our scans indicate that our docking mechanisms wouldn't be compatible with yours. Instead, as it happens, we have a means of sending people from place to place by using energy beams, so docking will not be necessary. Please clear a space within your ship and several of us will beam over shortly."

    Brownlock now runs a more detailed atmospheric scan of the alien ship and determines that, although its oxygen content is slightly less than Earth-normal, suggesting the injected use of a tri-ox compound, there are no obvious biological hazards and spacesuits will not be necessary. He shares his results with the others.

    Singh says, "Very well. I will lead the boarding party." She smiles. "Who else would like to go?"
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 29 Aug 2010 at 11:30 PM.

  47. #147
    I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    at my computer
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Collins immediately stands up. "I volunteer, sir" then realizing her eagerness may be inappropriate, she adds "if Cmdr Vargas will allow".
    Last edited by anyrose; 30 Aug 2010 at 07:30 AM.

  48. #148
    Member Elendil's Heir's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The North Coast
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    The good doctor's bioscans indicate that the Banij are coldblooded, bipedal, sentient reptilians. He runs a computer comparison of the two* species' biosigns, physiology and anatomy, and finds that they are quite similar, perhaps even of the same genotype, although he cannot determine that without tissue samples....
    *My mistake. Meant to write, "Saurians and Banij."

  49. #149
    Pleonast's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Fujishiro suggests, "Captain, although I would be thrilled to accompany you, Hayes is clearly the best science officer for a first contact situation."

  50. #150
    Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central NJ (near Bree)
    Posts
    9,920

    Default

    Delaney says, "I would like a chance to go and check out their systems. There is always a chance of learning something useful and of course to deduce much about their technology by doing a historical comparison to known engineering tech tracks."

Closed thread

Posting rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts