+ Reply to thread
Page 56 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,800 of 5593

Thread: Star Trek RPG - Setup thread

Registered
    Sep 2009

This mission has definitely taken some twists and turns I never would have foreseen.

I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Jeez - have a miscarriage and you miss all the good stuff. I do hope Graham will catch Collins up on all the gossipy stuff.

Ape must not kill ape! general_urko's avatar
    Registered
    May 2013

Quote Originally posted by anyrose View post
    Jeez - have a miscarriage and you miss all the good stuff. I do hope Graham will catch Collins up on all the gossipy stuff.

"What happened down there?" Collins asks.

Graham shrugs. "Nothing much."

Registered
    Mar 2012

Speaking of gossip, I wonder if Graham's lesbian lovebunny is related to this guy back at the lab station:

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    Lt. Palver's expression clouds over briefly at Graham's behavior, but he turns and says calmly to Rangin, "There has been research of that type, with various stimuli, but no particular effect was noted. Unless an adrenaline surge is triggered, those exposed to the spores behave just the same as before."

He says to Collins, "We have two double and two single guest rooms, Mr. Collins. I'll leave it to you to assign rooms to your party as you see fit. There's a conference room on the third floor you're welcome to use for your debriefing. There's also a replicator there if anyone hasn't yet had their supper, or you can go to our mess hall on the fifth floor whenever you like. Please follow Ens. Weinstein upstairs."

He nods at Kylah's remark, and clears his throat. "Mr. Graham, wait here a moment."

Science Ens. Weinstein leads all but Graham to the sixth or top floor. It is well-lit, spare and clean, just like the rest of the station. "Your room assignments, ma'am?" he asks Collins.

When the lobby is empty but for the two of them, Lt. Palver rasps, "Attention, Mr. Graham." When the Security man has come to attention, Palver stands squarely in front of him and leans close. "I don't know how they do things on the Yorktown, mister, but here on OC3, what you just did is very rude, and might be - hell, very likely would be - considered insubordination. I suspect Capt. Singh and your department chief would be displeased to learn of your behavior. What do you have to say for yourself?"
    Last edited by choie; 05 Sep 2014 at 07:06 PM.

Registered
    May 2013

Quote Originally posted by choie View post
    Speaking of gossip, I wonder if Graham's lesbian lovebunny is related to this guy back at the lab station:

Lt. Palver's expression clouds over briefly at Graham's behavior, but he turns and says calmly to Rangin, "There has been research of that type, with various stimuli, but no particular effect was noted. Unless an adrenaline surge is triggered, those exposed to the spores behave just the same as before."

He says to Collins, "We have two double and two single guest rooms, Mr. Collins. I'll leave it to you to assign rooms to your party as you see fit. There's a conference room on the third floor you're welcome to use for your debriefing. There's also a replicator there if anyone hasn't yet had their supper, or you can go to our mess hall on the fifth floor whenever you like. Please follow Ens. Weinstein upstairs."

He nods at Kylah's remark, and clears his throat. "Mr. Graham, wait here a moment."

Science Ens. Weinstein leads all but Graham to the sixth or top floor. It is well-lit, spare and clean, just like the rest of the station. "Your room assignments, ma'am?" he asks Collins.

When the lobby is empty but for the two of them, Lt. Palver rasps, "Attention, Mr. Graham." When the Security man has come to attention, Palver stands squarely in front of him and leans close. "I don't know how they do things on the Yorktown, mister, but here on OC3, what you just did is very rude, and might be - hell, very likely would be - considered insubordination. I suspect Capt. Singh and your department chief would be displeased to learn of your behavior. What do you have to say for yourself?"
    Holy cow what is it with me and names...

"Hey!" Ensign Weinstein says to Graham, "I think you knew my sister..."

Graham frowns. Uh oh, did he just say knew or "knew..."

Registered
    Mar 2012

Quote Originally posted by general_urko View post
    Holy cow what is it with me and names...
    Ha! It would be pretty amusing if they were related! At least they seem to be the same race, unlike the abovementioned Lt. Palver and Fellim Palver.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Hey guys. Over in Apocrypha I've just started a four-part serial revealing one of Kylah's decidedly less-than-pleasant Academy experiences (which should put some perspective on her view of humans and Starfleet in general): "The Last Collectible, Part 1."

(The whole thing is already written but it's pretty long so I figure I'd split it up.)
    Last edited by choie; 06 Sep 2014 at 05:39 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Great! I'll check it out.

Registered
    May 2013

FYI all, our big annual conference is happening over the next 3 days, so my posting my be sporadic.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Thanks, general. Hope it goes well.

Registered
    May 2013

Nice touch, the hot chick mangling Graham's name EH.

Registered
    Sep 2009

It's happened to him before, you may recall....

Registered
    Mar 2012

Have a good time, general_urko, we'll miss you! Do you get to travel or is it local?

And that was very funny with Graham/Grance thing. These Starfleet men do have problems with women remembering their names! Rangin can testify to that.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Have fun GU.

As long as his name is the only thing that gets mangled, Graham should be fine.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Sep 2009

choie, is Darren Zweller (in your latest Apocrypha posting) perhaps the grandfather of Picard's young Starfleet colleague and friend?: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Cortan_Zweller

Registered
    Mar 2012

choie, is Darren Zweller (in your latest Apocrypha posting) perhaps the grandfather of Picard's young Starfleet colleague and friend?: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Cortan_Zweller
    Ha! Yes, I just PMed you about that. He is indeed. I was tempted to make him a granddad of Nick Locarno from "The First Duty" (basically Tom Paris), but thought that would be too obvious. I liked Cortan Zweller's connection with gambling and cheating, and figured his granddad might have similar proclivities even if Darren is a better gambler than his grandson.

Registered
    Sep 2009

The red hair is clearly a dominant gene.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Hee, yes, I admit I was also taken by the fact that the Zweller actor was... rather attractive. I needed someone who looked clean-cut and sort of idealized Academy material.

Registered
    May 2013

Conference in San Francisco. Beautiful venue by Golden Gate bridge, great people, but hell on earth for a hardcore introvert...

Damn, Choie, this is some serious stuff in Apocrypha.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Wow, I would not have pegged you for an introvert. Amazing how people can be perceived differently on- and offline! I understand very well how shyness and conventions/conferences are really bad matches. Hopefully the topic and scenery (and maybe you get some goodies? those were always my favorite parts of conferences!) will be more than worth the discomfort. And hey, San Francisco... how appropriate for a Trek fan.

I know the latest story is grimmity grimdark, sorry. Especially the last parts. It gets worse before it gets better, but obviously it does or, well, let's just say Jan wouldn't have that special place in Kylah's heart he does now. I wanted to explore exactly why Kylah is so bitter about human perceptions of Elasian women, and really the timing of her Academy career with Elaan of Troyius couldn't have been better. Just enough false rumors would've trickled down to create the notion in these horny young male minds that Elasian women are near-mythological, exotic sirens. Couple that with your typical smug entitled pilot BMOC and mix for an ugly scene.

(Also, in this latest part, you see exactly why Kylah decided to learn that slick move she pulled on Graham with her knife. Unfortunately she didn't have that skill yet.)

Registered
    Feb 2009

GU - hope you manage to find a nice empty space for yourself.

Poor Kylah; doesn't she have any good memories at all. I guess with colleagues like that, no wonder Velir's random offer of a meal as a friend and equal has led to more than I though it ever would.

Registered
    Sep 2009

...And hey, San Francisco... how appropriate for a Trek fan. ....
    Quite so! Hope you'll have some time to visit the SFA campus, general: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...arters2151.jpg

Registered
    May 2013

I'm a pugnacious introvert

Registered
    Feb 2009

Well, I've just put up Rangin's first Apocrypha piece for your delectation.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Ooo, thanks!

Registered
    Mar 2012

Good entries to the Apocrypha, anyrose and CIAS. Always fun to see Collins in her happy and normal youth. Looks like her attitude as an adult is just nature, not nurture! And yay for Rangin's past life in the little known John le Carré sequel, Tinker, Tailor, Birdwatcher, Spy. I know so very little about the whole Orion Syndicate story in general... I don't think it was a TNG-era plot at all, was it? Which seems odd, it's right up late-TNG and especially DS9's alleys. Were they eradicated by the 24th century?

Meanwhile, is anyone else wary about what this storm is impending? Not good things, presumably.

Registered
    Feb 2009

We must be coming towards the end of the adventure. Nothing like a good storm to have a denouement to.

I'm expecting thunder, lightning, powercuts, fights in the rain, screams of panic, deathly showdowns and a small brave band of Starfleet's finest trying to save the day.

Unfortunately, OC3 got us.

Registered
    May 2013

Rangin is literally a tree-hugger...

Registered
    Feb 2009

Rangin is literally a tree-hugger...
    Thought you would appreciate that.

Registered
    Sep 2009

choie, damn, good for Kylah! I knew she had something up her sleeve... or down her dress.

Registered
    Sep 2009

CIAS has very kindly given me modding powers in Creation Station. I only expect to use it to edit the ST Apocrypha thread, as needed, given that thread's obvious link to our ST RPG. Please do your very best to get your stuff there right in the first place ("shipshape and Bristol fashion"), though.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Just for note, I have asked EH to contact the writer in question, in advance of any changes should they be necessary. I'm expecting a log one about my spellink for sure. ;P

Also, if you want to some background to fit it in the AU, I'm sure EH will be open to it.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Within reason, yes. Thanks again.

Registered
    Feb 2009

So, they're developing a tricorder now - so people can self diagnose "more accurately", rather than guessing after reading two thirds of Web MD.

There are not enough in the world for that.

Registered
    Mar 2012

choie, damn, good for Kylah! I knew she had something up her sleeve... or down her dress.
    Zweller had the same thought--he just didn't have the right deadly weapon in mind.

Thank you, very much EH! Yeah, she had a brief moment of awesome even if it earned her yet another enemy. And sadly even having protected herself, years later her first sexual experience was still traumatic! But at least we see partly why she mistrusts human intentions, and why she has a personal reason for not being entirely pro-Federation/Starfleet (in addition to the Elas/Klingon/Federation intrigue).

Oh I forgot to mention that I greatly enjoyed the insight into Villa's past! It's a wonderful opportunity to meet the NPCs who've been a constant throughout the years. I've been holding out hope we'll get to Bucci too, although considering what we already know about him, that will probably have to wait in-game!

Quote Originally posted by anyrose View post
    So, they're developing a tricorder now - so people can self diagnose "more accurately", rather than guessing after reading two thirds of Web MD.

There are not enough in the world for that.
    Oy, just what every hypochondriac/anxiety-prone person (like me!) needs.
    Last edited by choie; 11 Sep 2014 at 05:49 PM.

Registered
    May 2013

Conference over. Sitting around airport waiting to go home - new apocrypha!

Registered
    May 2013

T'Var should totally come on to Rangin now, just to make his life difficult....

Registered
    Sep 2009

...Oh I forgot to mention that I greatly enjoyed the insight into Villa's past! It's a wonderful opportunity to meet the NPCs who've been a constant throughout the years. I've been holding out hope we'll get to Bucci too, although considering what we already know about him, that will probably have to wait in-game!....
    Thanks. Next up is Science Officer Roble, the last of the Yorktown's senior officers not yet written about, but after that I could probably do Bucci. I was also thinking of following Capt. Singh at various points in her career, since she's been offstage for so much of our game threads.

Conference over. Sitting around airport waiting to go home - new apocrypha!
    Thanks, I'll check it out. Have a safe trip back!

You just made my day. LOL!

Registered
    Feb 2009

In some cracked alternative universe somewhere.

Rangin's Diary

Mon: 21:00 - Strip chess with T'Var. What a night...

Tues 19:00 - Strip Poker with Kylah...no problems losing this one.

Tues 21:00 - Should have remembered to cover T'Var's scratch marks, after Kylah added her own, currently locked out of her quarters.

Tues 21:30 - Cpt. Singh's office explaining scratches and nakedness in corridor.

Tues 21:45 - Infirmary for scratches - oh no - T'Var is on duty.

Wed 00:00 - Still in sickbay. Am now considering celibacy, T'Var had Kylah take notes during examination to make sure nothing else was wrong.

Wed 00:10 - Hmm, that cute blonde is making eyes at me from the next bed. Apparently she heard about the suit...wait why is T'Var coming towards me with that hypospray...

Thurs 07:45 - Have recovered and feel like a new man.

Thurs 08:00 - Saw that hunky new Ens. Graham from security at breakfast and he looks buff. Love the greying look. I'll ask Lt Collins to introduce us.
    Last edited by CatInASuit; 12 Sep 2014 at 12:41 PM. Reason: So Kylah gets some as well. Gotta please all the ladies

Registered
    Sep 2009

LOL.

FYI, I'll be on the road through late Sunday and will have intermittent Internet access.

Registered
    Feb 2009

So how come Rangin's diary doesn't mention his wild night with the redheaded Lt JG?

Registered
    Feb 2009

If you insist....

Rangin's diary Part 2.

Thurs 11:00 - Talked to LT JG Collins about Graham, meeting set for later at Collins' quarters

Thus 17:00 - Met Collins in quarters, Graham late, she had put him detention for knuckle dragging. Start playing Risk by candlelight

Thurs 19:00 - Start playing Riskier games. Graham Who?

Thurs 22:00 - Back in infirmary. Details as follows

Friction burns (Collins) : 5 minutes to heal
    Dislocation(Rangin) : 15 minutes to heal
    Severe muscles strain (both) : 1 weeks physiotherapy.
    Linen Suit: Ripped and torn beyond repair
    Broken Bed: Several Credits

Look on T'Var's face when wheeled in: Priceless.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Registered
    Mar 2012

Ah, so in this fantasy alt. universe Rangin has sex with everyone on two legs (and possibly four, depending on how he got that animal-related scar!) except Kylah? Hmph!

Enjoyed the latest Apocrypha story, g_u. Damn, women are hella victimized in the 23rd century! And yes please, EH, more from Singh's history would be great!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Ah, so in this fantasy alt. universe Rangin has sex with everyone on two legs (and possibly four, depending on how he got that animal-related scar!) except Kylah? Hmph!
    Somewhere a Q hears this cry, rewinds times slightly and edits reality for clarity.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Heh. That's better.

Dear me, we are stuck without general_urko. I hope all is well!

Registered
    May 2013

Sorry I'll post this evening.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No worries, and thanks. Back home myself, safe and sound, from Boston.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hope it was a good trip for both.

Now to find out what is in that safe.

Registered
    Feb 2009

So...anyone extra guesses as to what's in the safe?

I'm going with the two missing knives for starters?

+ Reply to thread