+ Reply to thread
Page 51 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 5592

Thread: Star Trek RPG - Setup thread

Registered
    Feb 2009

I can answer that speculation. It's no, they are on duty.

That's the story and I'm sticking to it, at least for the moment.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm back. My new Samsung monitor arrived this morning and the cable adapters this afternoon. It's hooked up and working beautifully. But now my desk needs serious reorganization. One hurdle at a time.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Ooh congrats! I'm in the market for a monitor right now--gotta upgrade from this 19" thing already and expand my horizons. What model/specs did you end up getting?
    Last edited by choie; 28 May 2014 at 04:43 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I got a 19.5" Samsung from Amazon. It's as wide as the iMac screen but not as tall, which will take getting used to. Maybe at some point in the future, I'll get a 21" model.
    Check the back of your 'puter - you may need an adapter for a mini display port

Registered
    Mar 2012

Oh dear, I'm a Windows gal. No wonder Kylah and Collins clash so often! But cool, it sounds like you've got a widescreen monitor, which should make films look nice, at least eliminating the letterboxing effect (although some people don't mind that).

Registered
    Feb 2009

you should still check to see if you need a mini adapter

Registered
    Mar 2012

True, and thanks! Really, the only problem I'd have is if my graphics card had a mini-HDMI port instead of a regular full-sized one, assuming I decided to use the HDMI cable instead of DVI. Since I'll probably be getting a new GPU at the same time as the monitor (gotta take advantage of all my new pixels!) I'll get whatever cables and/or adaptors to make sure everything fits in nicely together.

Actually I bought my system back in 2011 from a guy at the SDMB who helps out a lot in tech threads--you guys know drachillix? He built it for me, working off my tech needs and so on, and gave me a decent deal. My first ever made-to-specifications PC! I made sure at the time to get all mid- to top range parts so I wouldn't need to upgrade too soon, and it was a smart move for once. System's still great. It's only the monitor and graphics card that need updating, and the monitor was a leftover from a previous system.

Wow, this is super-boring, isn't it? Sorry.

Registered
    Feb 2009

So, even tho the monitor on the iMac crapped out, the webcam still works.

Registered
    Feb 2009

At the suggestion of a friend:

Registered
    Sep 2009

HANG ON!

Registered
    Mar 2012

That picture is hilarious, anyrose! Well done.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I have to redo the hair portion.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Jan sees Kylah and clasps his hands in joy. He runs, like a little school-girl, towards her, calling her name, "Kylah! Baby doll! Honey bunch!"
    Last edited by anyrose; 31 May 2014 at 06:33 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

*Flashes back to cheeeesy 80's films, then runs away*

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    "He didn't say, did he?" Graham asks no one in particular, looking around. "But I'm sure he'll be back shortly. The half hour is almost up."

Dr. T'Var gets a cup of redleaf tea from the replicator.
    Why would Graham ask about himself?

Registered
    Sep 2009

My mistake. Should have been Delaney; I've corrected it. Drop me a PM next time if you catch a mistake like that, please.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 02 Jun 2014 at 10:46 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

sorry. my bad.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No prob, and thanks!

Registered
    Mar 2012

I did kinda like the idea that Graham had somehow taken over Delaney's mind.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Guys we're clearly missing something in this Hsu visit. Why are they even barging in on our meeting uninvited?

Registered
    Feb 2009

I thought Delaney invited them after he and Dobson finished scanning the transporter and conference rooms

Registered
    Mar 2012

Oh, did he? Hmm. Well, that's still suspicious--Delaney being an NPC and all. Our GM must have his reasons, right?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Actually, he invited Mr Hsu after finishing at the teleporter. IIRC, neither of them were invited back after the 30 minute break.

Besides Mr Hsu does need interviewing...nudge...nudge.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Oh yeah, he deffo does need the third degree, but not in front of his wife, right? Personally I (and presumably Kylah) wanted Graham to say "What's this 'we' stuff, buddy?" when Hsu said "we" need to interview Fastolfe.

It just seems odd to me that they're both there. Especially Mrs. Hsu. Putting on a fake united front? Argh, I suspect everyone and everything!

Registered
    Sep 2009

Agatha Christie would be so proud.

Ape must not kill ape! general_urko's avatar
    Registered
    May 2013

Quote Originally posted by choie View post
    Oh yeah, he deffo does need the third degree, but not in front of his wife, right? Personally I (and presumably Kylah) wanted Graham to say "What's this 'we' stuff, buddy?" when Hsu said "we" need to interview Fastolfe.
    That would have been a smart thing to do. Too much convergence of travel + work + children's birthday parties over the past few days to have the presence of mine to come up with it darn it.

(Me, not Graham, maybe he's just thinking how nice the perfume will smell on Bennett. )

Registered
    Mar 2012

The distraction works for Graham's character right now anyway, so no sweat!

So Dobson blurts out a theory of the case in front of a suspect (and implicates a Vice Admiral while doing so), eh? She fits right in with the Yorktowns crackerjack Security department! But seriously, it's curious or maybe even suspicious that Halsey forgot, or is purposely lying, about the fact that Ebling claimed that she is still affected by the spores. Or maybe her status has changed since Graham spoke with her this morning? Interesting.
    Last edited by choie; 14 Jun 2014 at 04:09 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Halsey is involved, I'm sure.

Meanwhile - isn't there a Starfleeter at the research facility named Palver too? are they related?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Interesting indeed. Wonder where he got that info from?

Registered
    Mar 2012

Quote Originally posted by anyrose View post
    Halsey is involved, I'm sure.

Meanwhile - isn't there a Starfleeter at the research facility named Palver too? are they related?
    I know, Kylah's harped on the dual Palver issue a couple of times but the general consensus has been that it's a coincidence. The Chris Palver at the station is described as human, IIRC, and businessguy is Rhaadanite or whatever it's called, so if they're related it would have to be through marriage or something genetic.

...Or it's a glitch in the Matrix created by a forgetful GM. But I agree, it's worth a look either way. I do want to get back to the lab at some point because I see no reason they couldn't be involved in some way. Plus there was that moment w/the doctor when she seemed about to say something/disagree with her colleague, but didn't. Always was curious about that.

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post
    Interesting indeed. Wonder where he got that info from?
    I dunno, but it wasn't the case during Kylah's talk with him. She specified only the correct three:

She wraps her arms around her abdomen and looks down at her arms, still awkward but greatly relieved after the doctor's assurance. To take up the time while Halsey prepares whatever he needs--and, really, to get her mind off this whole embarrassing situation--Kylah speaks up.

"By the way, Doctor, I should probably tell you: another of the guests introduced to the spores yesterday has reported that they have worn off. That makes three out of five--Mr. Palver, Admiral Hardin, and Mrs. Calvin. Has such a thing ever happened before? Can you speculate what might have caused this? And have any other guests mentioned that their treatments have worn off?"
    If you look back at her discussion w/him, he hadn't conducted any research or even claimed to have spoken w/any of the sporeifically-challenged guests. And unfortunately I just realized that Kylah's information re: the Halsey interview is known only to Graham and T'Var, which means Rangin doesn't know about what transpired. Crap, that was a bad omission during our gathering (unless I missed where we all debriefed each other.... racy pun not intended) once Kylah knew Rangin was going to visit the doctor. Bad Kylah!

But at least Rangin should know that Ebling wasn't on the list, right? Is he not disagreeing w/Halsey out of discretion?

Speaking of Halsey, he's certainly not holding a grudge against Starfleet due to Kylah's accusations, that's for sure. His behavior seems almost purposely cheerful and cooperative. If you do read the interaction w/Kylah, he was unconcerned and rather passive, seemingly uninterested in the failure of the spores and not doing any apparent follow-up on those guests. Now, after she called him on that curious lack of scientific curiosity for a doctor, he's suddenly doing a report on them? Hmm!
    Last edited by choie; 14 Jun 2014 at 12:20 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

But at least Rangin should know that Ebling wasn't on the list, right? Is he not disagreeing w/Halsey out of discretion?
    Rangin does know, but seeing as the group has been told one thing and Halsey seems to know something different, Rangin wants to know how he found out to see who might have been lied to.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Ah, gotcha. This should be enlightening!

Registered
    Mar 2012

Well I'm confused by Halsey. If he hasn't seen or heard from any of the patients who lost their spore effects, what exactly is in these reports he's looking at?

Registered
    Feb 2009

I think he's making the whole thing up. Halsey is involved somehow; maybe not the actual murderer, but certainly a co-conspirator

Registered
    Mar 2012

Oh yeah, I've been (or rather Kylah's been) working on that assumption for ages--I'm just trying to figure out what Halsey was working on that EH said, to Rangin, looked like 'normal' -- however, on second reading, it's just that he's beginning (finally) a "study protocol" so that he can belatedly start to figure out why the spores aren't working. Presumably he's finally been forced to at least look as if he's doing his job now that Kylah pretty much accused him of being either involved in the crime or a hack.

We probably shouldn't rule out hack. This is a cushy job and maybe he's just not very competent at it. Still, his behavior during Kylah's interview was cagey, and even about an hour later he's not exactly racing to look into this "strange" (as he called it) phenomenon re: the non-working spores.
    Last edited by choie; 19 Jun 2014 at 10:08 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I've just been confirming with EH whether Halsey mention about Ebling was a GM slip or a Dr Halsey slip. Looks like the latter

Registered
    Feb 2009

It's a clue! Halsey knows something!

Registered
    Feb 2009

If Dobson has any good questions, now would be the time to ask.

Ape must not kill ape! general_urko's avatar
    Registered
    May 2013

I realize folks may be focused on, oh, you know, solving the case...but "Constitution-class jerk?"

Anyone...anyone?

I mean it's no "were you weaned properly" but I thought it was pretty good...

Registered
    Mar 2012

Heh--sorry, my eyes blipped over that. Yes, well done Graham. (And g_u of course.) Even with being somewhat distanced he's having some nice moments of reflection and attempts at leadership, pushing through even though it clearly doesn't come naturally to him despite his greater experience.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Before Rangin leaves, I'd be curious to know what tests Halsey plans on running. (Also curious where the other staffers are--wasn't there a nurse around before, or am I confusing that with the research facility?)

Registered
    Feb 2009

He's running tests...medical tests...special ones.

Yes, there were other staff around, who don't appear to be there anymore.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post
    He's running tests...medical tests...special ones.
    Ahh, the doctor's running medical tests--whew, I was worried he might require an essay and recitation. That explains everything!

Thanks for the confirmation on other staffers. Seems like they've been noticeably absent all day. Maybe the budget for the show got reduced and extras are no longer a feasible expense.

Registered
    Feb 2009

No, no, no. They're all filling out their questionnaires.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Only if they're doubling as nightclub staffers (or on the night shift)! I don't think we gave out the questionnaires to the entire staff, just those on duty during the time in question.

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir
    He is otherwise nude, and Graham inadvertently gets a glimpse that confirms a popular rumor about the rock star.
    He's got a zig-zag tattoo around it, like Jughead's hat?

Registered
    Sep 2009

Only if they're doubling as nightclub staffers (or on the night shift)! I don't think we gave out the questionnaires to the entire staff, just those on duty during the time in question....
    See post 2459 in the game thread: Before she goes, Mrs. Hsu says, "I'll provide the witness forms to all employees, then, and not just those in the nightclub, as Ens. Kylah suggested."

Registered
    Mar 2012

Oh! I didn't catch that. Because Kylah just suggested all the nighttime employees (e.g. cleaning staff and others working after-hours closing down restaurants). Goodness, no wonder the place is empty!

But seriously, what's Fastolfe got that matches the rumors? Are we talking Milton Berle proportions here? Because that would at least explain his, pardon the expression, cockiness.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Arrgh, can I ask for a fix on my last post? Kylah says "last night or early this evening," but she meant "last night or early this morning." Would it be possible to edit that (or at least assume that's what she said), please?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hey, Rangin! Do something about that impertinent employee!

Registered
    Sep 2009

...But seriously, what's Fastolfe got that matches the rumors? Are we talking Milton Berle proportions here? Because that would at least explain his, pardon the expression, cockiness.
    I was purposefully vague. I leave it up to your own respective imaginations.

Arrgh, can I ask for a fix on my last post? Kylah says "last night or early this evening," but she meant "last night or early this morning." Would it be possible to edit that (or at least assume that's what she said), please?
    Will do.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 25 Jun 2014 at 12:02 PM.

+ Reply to thread