+ Reply to thread
Page 49 of 112 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 5594

Thread: Star Trek RPG - Setup thread

Registered
    Mar 2012

Ah yes, that is true. When he knelt by her side, for some reason I imagined him taking hold of her. (It's what I would want were I Kylah! Uh, and if this weren't mostly a ruse to play touchy-feely with Jaxo.)

I also just realized that sadly, Kylah can't even explain her actions to Velir yet. They definitely need to have A Talk at some point when the action/mystery is solved or we're on a break.
    Last edited by choie; 22 Apr 2014 at 03:55 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Knowing Rangin's luck, this is the part of the mission where he gets seriously injured.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Oh man, I forgot about that awful scene during the Sakathian mission! Poor guy. Considering what happened to Fujishiro (who will eventually benefit from the spores, I hope), Rangin's darn lucky he got off relatively light.

It's hard to imagine how differently our characters would have interacted during that adventure if they had the same relationship they do now. But then they might not have gotten close if they hadn't fought off that slime devil together (before Rangin was subsequently attacked by one of the zombies). On the other hand, even earlier, Kylah felt comfortable enough with Rangin to admit that she had a hidden pair of knives. So perhaps this was all destiny.

Ape must not kill ape! general_urko's avatar
    Registered
    May 2013

Hm just how would Graham react to "Kylah causes Rangin to be seriously injured?"

I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Meanwhile, I refuse to take blame for Markovich's lack of action. He's an NPC. Dobson is not his boss, nor is he hers. So if he isn't following the orders of the mission leader, that's not her responsibility.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Not sure what that's in response to, but I, for one, am not blaming Dobson for Markovich's lack of action. I just think it's funny that Dobson keeps being specifically described as not even looking at Markovich or caring at all whether he follows or not. Which, now that I think of it, is rather like Collins's treatment of Delaney. It's like they know these guys are NPCs. Unless... waitaminute... oh my God, are your characters.... aware that they're in an RPG?! Holy crap, they took the red pill! They're figured out the Matrix!!!

Mor eseriously, that was a really nice scene for Graham, general_urko. He did a good job there. Not easy to reveal that kind of info in a static message where you're not able to interact with the other person.
    Last edited by choie; 22 Apr 2014 at 10:32 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by choie View post
    Oh man, I forgot about that awful scene during the Sakathian mission! Poor guy. Considering what happened to Fujishiro (who will eventually benefit from the spores, I hope), Rangin's darn lucky he got off relatively light.
    Yes, it's darn lucky he only got carried off covered in his own blood and infected having been a Sakathian smorgasbord. Perhaps he should undergo some spore treatment, just to make sure all the virus has definitely gone.

Also major props to general_urko for that scene. Well handled indeed.

Registered
    Mar 2012

I would love to see Rangin on the spore treatment. Graham too, for that matter!

And Prolun Jaxo can bite me. Asshat.

Registered
    May 2013

And Prolun Jaxo can bite me.
    Well he just might...!

Registered
    Feb 2009

And Rangin begins to see the benefits of long term dilithium mining for the Orion Syndicate...

Registered
    May 2013

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post
    Rangin decides that it probably cannot get any worse. If Kylah and he cannot leave shortly, Graham is likely to come busting in. If Kylah gets hurt, Graham is likely to do worse to Rangin for not keeping her safe and if he gets hurt, wellit wouldn't be the first time and Graham would probably get a laugh out of it anyway.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Meanwhile, at Yorktown High:
    In response to Graham's question, Dobson's face turns red with rage. "That bitch? She made a move on my man when he was on a mission with her a couple months ago."

Registered
    May 2013

Quote Originally posted by anyrose View post
    Meanwhile, at Yorktown High:
    In response to Graham's question, Dobson's face turns red with rage. "That bitch? She made a move on my man when he was on a mission with her a couple months ago."
    OMG ROTFL

still time to make that your answer in the mission...

Registered
    Feb 2009

I love the way Graham is angry with Rangin for not taking care of Kylah, when he was the cause in the first place and did nothing about it anyway. Not to mention knowing that Rangin has already patched it up once.

He really has got it in for poor Rangin.

Registered
    May 2013

I love the way Graham is angry with Rangin for not taking care of Kylah, when he was the cause in the first place and did nothing about it anyway. Not to mention knowing that Rangin has already patched it up once.

He really has got it in for poor Rangin.
    The beauty of it is if/when Graham brings it up and Rangin implies (or simply says) it was Graham's fault Graham will feel totally guilty about that - although he'll still be mad at Rangin

Registered
    Mar 2012

The real beauty of it is that Kylah's half-faking (well, exaggerating) her limp anyway since she needed an excuse to grab hold of Jaxo, and the part she's not faking is her own stupid fault. (Actually the knee injury was her own fault in the first place, she's the one who fell over her own feet.)
    Last edited by choie; 25 Apr 2014 at 12:01 PM.

Registered
    May 2013

The real beauty of it is that Kylah's half-faking (well, exaggerating) her limp anyway since she needed an excuse to grab hold of Jaxo, and the part she's not faking is her own stupid fault. (Actually the knee injury was her own fault in the first place, she's the one who fell over her own feet.)
    I did half suspect that the pitch was high and slow over the plate on purpose (that is entering w/o help from Rangin)

Registered
    Mar 2012

Heh yeah, when Rangin decided Kylah needed his strong supportive arm around her, Kylah wasn't exactly gonna refuse it. But she doesn't want the others to notice any special intimacy between K/V, so hopping/limping a few feet to the table was preferable, even if it meant giving away that she wasn't exactly incapacitated.

I can't believe it's only 11:30, btw. Longest. Morning. Ever!
    Last edited by choie; 25 Apr 2014 at 12:37 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I love the way Graham has become more responsible when he actually has to be more responsible. Long may it continue.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Now that's how you give a backhanded compliment! Actually I'm loving the passive aggressive swiping both men are using in their thought processes: "Wow, Rangin's actually not being a smartass for once." "Who knew Graham could manage to avoid being a thug?"

A belated BTW:

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    Starfleet personnel don't salute.
    I can't believe in my umpteen years of watching Trek in its various permutations, I never noticed that! I wonder why they don't do that. I guess that would seem too military, maybe? Roddenberry kinda downplayed that aspect of Starfleet even though they kept the ranks and stuff. Or maybe it'd just be too much of a pain with everyone having to salute all the time, or remembering when not to salute, and so on.
    Last edited by choie; 27 Apr 2014 at 03:58 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yes. Starfleet is quite a bit more egalitarian and informal than the contemporary U.S. military. Their uniforms aren't dripping with medals, badges and ribbons, and they don't salute. At most we see them stand at attention or nod towards a superior officer.

Registered
    Mar 2012

That's true. The whole salute thing seems more like something we'd see from the Klingons (they do have a fist/chest gesture that they make when they say "K'plah" or however the heck you'd spell that) or Cardassians. I just never really thought about it before. Sometimes salutes can be done movingly, of course. Showing respect for a promoted friend/colleague, or when someone goes off on a dangerous mission. Or dies. That gimmick is used a lot in M*A*S*H, for example, and the only reason it was particularly effective there was because Hawkeye almost never saluted anyone (at least, not when he meant it -- I'm sure he saluted Frank and/or Margaret sarcastically once or twice).

Quote Originally posted by general_urko View post
    Graham curses his--lack of--luck. Almost a conflict-free meeting and now there's some kind of weird dynamic....he thinks. It doesn't help that his concern Kylah is hiding something about her well-being apparently not just from him but from T'Var, and presumably, everyone.
    Heh. I forget, does he still think there was something between Kylah/T'Var at some point, or has he given up on that particularly fantasy notion?

Registered
    May 2013

Heh. I forget, does he still think there was something between Kylah/T'Var at some point, or has he given up on that particularly fantasy notion?
    He's not sure - he's leaning toward "I misinterpreted the hand holding," but he's not certain (or eager to ask about it).

Registered
    May 2013

She pushes her chair back and starts to rise, but then hesitates, flushing a bit. "Oh... I am sorry. Is the meeting adjourned?"
    "This meeting is over when I SAY it's over," Graham growls, leaping onto a table and beating his chest just for good measure.

Then Rangin starts and realizes he'd just dozed off and dreamed that bit.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Today is moving day.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Hope it goes well for you, anyrose, and that you really like your new digs!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Good luck anyrose - hope it all goes well.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Best of luck, anyrose, and congrats again on finding your new home!

Well Kylah's about to have one of the most awkward conversations ever, and since her awesome luck continues apace, she gets to have it with the completely trustworthy Dr. Halsey.

Registered
    Feb 2009

The moving part is done, and lo and behold, the complex has WiFi! The guys are coming back tomorrow afternoon to unpack most of the stuff. The stuff I never unpacked last year will probably be my responsibility.

Registered
    May 2013

The moving part is done, and lo and behold, the complex has WiFi! The guys are coming back tomorrow afternoon to unpack most of the stuff. The stuff I never unpacked last year will probably be my responsibility.
    Good to hear things went well!

Registered
    May 2013

B
    Well Kylah's about to have one of the most awkward conversations ever, and since her awesome luck continues apace, she gets to have it with the completely trustworthy Dr. Halsey.

Ewww, creepy...

Registered
    Mar 2012

Ooh the WiFi is a nice bonus, especially if you didn't know about it! Always cool to find out things are better than you expected when you move somewhere. Me, I ended up with a suddenly non-working oven that I know I'm never gonna get fixed because I'm too wimpy to ask, and a kitchen floor that was supposed to be retiled but still looks like the bottom of a 1970s rec room. Anyway I'm happy to hear your housing issue has been settled relatively quickly and to your advantage!

Ewww, creepy...
    Yeah, it's too bad the guy's alone. I could've sworn he had an assistant somewhere! On the other hand, yesterday I sorta came up with a glimmer of a vague theory of the murder that makes some sense, and Kylah having some time alone with this guy gives her the opportunity for me to test this idea. So we'll see how that goes.

Y'know what really puzzles me is the safe. That thing is bonkers. Why would Wilson have installed something like this all the way back to when the resort was built (or shortly thereafter, acc. to the description)? If it actually relates to the murder, it means there was something suspicious going on right from the start. That one stymies me.

I don't remember, did Delaney & Collins try using a phaser on the thing? Just slicing off edges of it? Or do we know if it's resistant to that technology?

Registered
    Mar 2012

Ooh the WiFi is a nice bonus, especially if you didn't know about it! Always cool to find out things are better than you expected when you move somewhere. Me, I ended up with a suddenly non-working oven that I know I'm never gonna get fixed because I'm too wimpy to ask, and a kitchen floor that was supposed to be retiled but still looks like the bottom of a 1970s rec room. Anyway I'm happy to hear your housing issue has been settled relatively quickly and to your advantage!

Ewww, creepy...
    Yeah, it's too bad the guy's alone. I could've sworn he had an assistant somewhere! On the other hand, yesterday I sorta came up with a glimmer of a vague theory of the murder that makes some sense, and Kylah having some time alone with this guy gives her the opportunity for me to test this idea. So we'll see how that goes.

Y'know what really puzzles me is the safe. That thing is bonkers. Why would Wilson have installed something like this all the way back to when the resort was built (or shortly thereafter, acc. to the description)? If it actually relates to the murder, it means there was something suspicious going on right from the start. That one stymies me.

I don't remember, did Delaney & Collins try using a phaser on the thing? Just slicing off edges of it? Or do we know if it's resistant to that technology?

Registered
    Sep 2009

Delaney and Collins did not try using phasers on the safe in Wilson's quarters.

The original ST:TOS episode, "This Side of Paradise," is now available on YouTube - dunno for how long:

Registered
    Mar 2012

I dutifully watched it a few months back, not long after the mission began (well, once we reached the planet, anyway)! Go me. I think they're all on Netflix streaming, which is how I saw it.

And I didn't realize until I saw Kirk standing on the empty bridge that this must be the ep that TNG production staff used for the 5th or 6th season episode Relics. I remember reading in one of the Making of Star Trek: The Next Generation books about in Relics, when a depressed Scotty gets nostalgic and tells the holodeck to recreate the Enterprise the way he remembers it, the challenge was to find a shot of the ship that had no crew in it. The set builders made a partial set to use in filming Patrick Stewart and James Doohan, but for the bridge as a whole, they needed to reuse footage from TOS, and they were lucky enough to come across an episode where the ship had been abandoned. Anyhoo, it was cool to see it.
    Last edited by choie; 30 Apr 2014 at 01:27 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Good to hear your move went well anyrose

As for the safe, I'm sure we found out its phaser resistant to a degree from its make.

Registered
    Sep 2009

...And I didn't realize until I saw Kirk standing on the empty bridge that this must be the ep that TNG production staff used for the 5th or 6th season episode Relics. I remember reading in one of the Making of Star Trek: The Next Generation books about in Relics, when a depressed Scotty gets nostalgic and tells the holodeck to recreate the Enterprise the way he remembers it, the challenge was to find a shot of the ship that had no crew in it. The set builders made a partial set to use in filming Patrick Stewart and James Doohan, but for the bridge as a whole, they needed to reuse footage from TOS, and they were lucky enough to come across an episode where the ship had been abandoned. Anyhoo, it was cool to see it.
    Yes, quite true: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Reli...de)#Bridge_set

Registered
    Feb 2009

Happy Thar Warth Day. May the Fourth be with you.

Registered
    Feb 2009

May the Fourth - oh that's a dreadful pun indeed.

As for the transporters being hacked - the game is afoot.

Registered
    Mar 2012

The murder will clearly be solved by the technical clues. Kylah's pretty worthless except for pissing people off! Well, maybe she'll anger the wrong person and get knocked off, allowing at least her death to be a clue of some sort.

Is this the first time we've learned that Fastolfe is a musician? I remember him being described as an infamous personality/celebrity, but I've been assuming he was some kind of male celebutante--the Kim Kardashian/Paris Hilton of the 23rd century.

Registered
    Sep 2009

From post 785 in the game thread:

His voice seems to rouse Lord Fastolfe, who jumps to his feet. "Wilson!" he barks, in a voice famous across the Federation from songs, movies and public appearances of all kinds. "You're back. Is my house ready? The yellow house?"

From post 791:

Dr. T'Var has heard just a bit about Fastolfe before - she'd have to be living under a rock not to have. She would, if she were historically-minded, say he was an odd combination of Mick Jagger, George Clooney and John Dillinger: handsome, multitalented, filthy rich, but notoriously self-indulgent, short-tempered and rumored to have a violent past.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Oh boy, my eyes just blipped over the "songs" part, or maybe I thought it said "shows" for some reason? And I assumed Mick Jagger was just a reference to him being flamboyant and a sex-maniac. Have no idea why I was assuming a society person--well, I guess the "Lord" stuck in my mind.

Registered
    Feb 2009

That some nasty PTSD, Ensign Graham is going through. Nicely written G_U

Registered
    May 2013

That some nasty PTSD, Ensign Graham is going through. Nicely written G_U
    Thank you...seemed like events were putting all the triggers in place!

Registered
    Sep 2009

Whew, I'll say!

Registered
    Feb 2009

I dreamed we were LARPing. Before I as Collins went out clue hunting (at an auto repair shop), G-U handed me a "toy" communicator. While reporting in, (even though I knew the communicator wasn't real - I was very into character) I was caught by one of the mechanics who thought I was from the FBI and pointed a gun at me. While I was trying to explain to him that I was only playing a game, I broke the "toy" in front of him. As he aimed the gun, G_U, in costume and accompanied by Markovich and Dobson, showed up stunned him with their phasers. As we (the good guys) walked away, I called back to the mechanic, who was waking up but no longer had his gun, "I told you I wasn't from the FBI."
    It turned out that G_U had gotten a hold of "real" communicators and phasers and outfitted all of us.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I dreamed we were LARPing. Before I as Collins went out clue hunting (at an auto repair shop), G-U handed me a "toy" communicator. While reporting in, (even though I knew the communicator wasn't real - I was very into character) I was caught by one of the mechanics who thought I was from the FBI and pointed a gun at me. While I was trying to explain to him that I was only playing a game, I broke the "toy" in front of him. As he aimed the gun, G_U, in costume and accompanied by Markovich and Dobson, showed up stunned him with their phasers. As we (the good guys) walked away, I called back to the mechanic, who was waking up but no longer had his gun, "I told you I wasn't from the FBI."
    It turned out that G_U had gotten a hold of "real" communicators and phasers and outfitted all of us.

Registered
    May 2013

Never being a knife to a gunfight, I always say...

Registered
    May 2013

Never being a knife to a gunfight, I always say...

Registered
    Feb 2009

Why would Delaney have left his tricorder in the suite when he is somewhere else? Or did I miss the post wherein he left the transporter room and went to the suite?

+ Reply to thread