+ Reply to thread
Page 106 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,300 of 5592

Thread: Star Trek RPG - Setup thread

Registered
    Mar 2012

Thanks, and sorry, got another--is there shore leave going on? E.g., anyone who's not attending the wedding, are they free to go out?

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yes, good point. Shore leave would have been granted to any Yorktown crewmember whose duties did not require them to remain aboard. I'll add that to the game thread.

Registered
    Sep 2009

The Captain's opening remarks at the wedding ceremony, beginning "Since the days of Earth’s first wooden sailing ships...," are drawn from Capt. Kirk's remarks at another such ceremony in ST:TOS "Balance of Terror," as well as Capt. Picard's in ST:TNG "Data's Day" and Adm. Ross's in ST: DS9 "'Til Death Do Us Part."
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 01 Dec 2021 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Fixed grammatical error

Registered
    Mar 2012

Cool, interesting, EH!

Man this is not gonna make Nia's mood any better, that's for sure.

Registered
    Apr 2015

Daayum, I'm glad Nia can't hear Graham's thoughts. This feels like a hate crime!

Ape must not kill ape! general_urko's avatar
    Registered
    May 2013

Quote Originally posted by SidonianGal View post
    Daayum, I'm glad Nia can't hear Graham's thoughts. This feels like a hate crime!
    Just think how many future opportunities this opens up for Nia - or anyone really - to make Graham feel guilty about any happiness....!

Registered
    Sep 2009

A gun-suicide emoji? That's... wow. Heavy.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Is that smilie new to you? I think it's been around since I've been here, at least as far as I can recall. Anyway it's just Nia being a drama queen. Usually Kylah gets all that angst but Nia demands her turn.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Don't remember seeing it before, no. "O brave new world...."

Registered
    May 2013

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    The bride and groom turn to face one another and take both of each other’s hands as Singh reads, “The union of a husband and wife in heart, body and mind is intended by the Creator of the Universe for their mutual joy; for the help and comfort they may thus give one another in time of adversity; for sexual and emotional fulfillment; and for the creation and nurturing of children, when such is the will of the Creator and of those entering into this most holy joining. Therefore, marriage is not to be entered into hastily, or lightly, but reverently, deliberately, and in accordance with the principles for which it was established long ago. Into this sacred union our friends Marala and Booker now come.”

She looks up. “If anyone has just cause why they should not be lawfully married, speak now, or forever hold your peace.”
    Emphasis added...I can't believe Rangin took shore leave and is missing this!

Registered
    Apr 2015

True, he is missing quite the juicy opportunity! Maybe that's why he left--too tempting. Although if Nia can control herself, Rangin probably can too.

Registered
    May 2013

True, he is missing quite the juicy opportunity! Maybe that's why he left--too tempting. Although if Nia can control herself, Rangin probably can too.
    OMG soap opera moment...Nia stands up and shouts "Because I'm carrying his baby!" - which, of course, is all the more soap-opera-y appropriate since they never did the deed...

Registered
    Sep 2009

LOL. You guys crack me up.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Dang I seem to write more when my characters aren't actually doing a damn thing. Stop me before I burn my fingers off!

(Oh and for the record, I really do love that passage--it's way more than 'sentimental.' The views and opinions expressed in the game thread are those of the characters and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of their player(s). Any views provided by these characters are of their opinion and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual or anyone or anything except maybe certain NPCs.)

Registered
    Apr 2015

Yeah! What she said! Damn she writes good.

Also for the record, Nia's even lying to herself, because she does believe in Sid'Os.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Roger that.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Quote Originally posted by general_urko View post
    And now I'm marrying the first woman who made me feel I could be a man worthy of love.

To save her life, and that of her--as I failed to do for the mother of my son.
    Oh my. Now here's a turn-up. During their rapprochement conversation, did Lizzie share a bit of news on the gender-identity front?

Registered
    May 2013

Quote Originally posted by choie View post
    And now I'm marrying the first woman who made me feel I could be a man worthy of love.

To save her life, and that of her--as I failed to do for the mother of my son.
    Oh my. Now here's a turn-up. During their rapprochement conversation, did Lizzie share a bit of news on the gender-identity front?
    Oopsie!

Registered
    May 2013

Thanks EH for all your game-mastering (also the nefariousness... )

And thanks all for your creativity, also melodrama, snark etc!

Registered
    Sep 2009

Our pleasure! I'm still having a lot of fun with the USS Yorktown gang, and hope you are, too. Best Thanksgiving wishes to those who celebrate it.

Please join me in welcoming stolz, who'll be playing the ship's newest medico, Dr. Bizhi "Biz" Mäkeläinen. His character will be appearing shortly. For more details, see the updated character profile listings here (the second listing in post 6): http://www.mellophant.com/forums/sho...acter-profiles

Registered
    Mar 2012

Woohoo, what splendid news, EH! Big applause to you, stolz, it's a treat to meet another player as well as an intriguing new PC. I enjoyed the bio and am looking forward to being introduced in-game to Doc Mäkeläinen. (To paraphrase Indiana Jones: umlauts! why'd it have to be umlauts?) Certainly intrigued about those nightmares, not to mention his family tree!

Registered
    Nov 2021

hello

As for the umlauts, what did you expect? The man is literally from Mars.

Registered
    May 2013

+1, welcome stolz

Registered
    Sep 2009

...I enjoyed the bio and am looking forward to being introduced in-game to Doc Mäkeläinen. (To paraphrase Indiana Jones: umlauts! why'd it have to be umlauts?)....
    I know I'll be copying-and-pasting a bit more than before ;-)

Registered
    Nov 2021

So they are wearing uniforms while walking in the park? They are not even on duty
    Last edited by stolz; 06 Dec 2021 at 04:05 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Starfleet personnel in Kirk's day almost invariably stayed in uniform even while on shore leave; see "Shore Leave," "The Trouble with Tribbles" and "Wolf in the Fold," off the top of my head.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I think the wedding is winding down, so please make your last posts for the occasion by noon EST Weds., and we'll move on from there. Thanks.

Registered
    Apr 2015

Is it the occasion that's winding down, or the day itself? If the latter, is it possible to get a tiny extension? Just until nighttime Wednesday? It's just that Nia and Ajay are having a bit of a moment, kinda necessary for Nia. We've pretty much got stuff done, we think it's best to spread it out a little so it's not completely a wall o' text... if possible maybe please sir?

Registered
    Apr 2015

Sorry for the huge posts, y'all. Ajay and I weren't sure if we'd have time to break them up and spread 'em out before a time jump, if one is coming. Two more snippets and this epic scene will be done.

OH and a belated hello to stolz! I'm happy to learn more about you and Dr. Mäkeläinen, and Nia will look forward to hanging out with the new Doc soon.

This must seem like a huge soap opera right now. We're just wrapping up beats from the previous mission. Things do get a bit emo at times, but it's not usually quite so concentrated!

Registered
    Sep 2009

No worries, and thanks, SidGal and Ajay.

Registered
    Nov 2021

soap opera
    You mean, space opera!

Registered
    May 2013

" It's probably bad luck to talk about such things, but, yeah, if you or any of your friends end up on my table, you're in good hands. I'll patch you right up, better than new. Better not to think about that, though."

Nice...echoes of Bones McCoy, stolz!

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yes, indeed.

Cool reference to Symmetric Cryptography, choie - and I see that it is indeed "a thing"!: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetric-key_algorithm

Registered
    Nov 2021

Mäkeläinen is still a lot younger than McCoy, of course, whatever that implies, definitely not a veteran sawbones in his 40s. But, the way I see it, he is hardly some green kid either. He has served in Starfleet a few good years; this isn't his first rodeo. Plus, he grew up on a dangerous, industrial world, not the kind of place that leaves you clueless.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    Cool reference to Symmetric Cryptography, choie - and I see that it is indeed "a thing"!: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetric-key_algorithm
    You know how I loves me some research, boss. I picked this subject 'cause it struck me that it's likely the method Kylah and her uncle use for their classified correspondence. Although they're doubling up on the security by hiding the coded message via steganography (embedding a secret message in a different medium, in their case, recorded music).

Quote Originally posted by stolz View post
    Mäkeläinen is still a lot younger than McCoy, of course, whatever that implies, definitely not a veteran sawbones in his 40s. But, the way I see it, he is hardly some green kid either. He has served in Starfleet a few good years; this isn't his first rodeo. Plus, he grew up on a dangerous, industrial world, not the kind of place that leaves you clueless.
    I like that he combines the arrogance of a surgeon with the defensive instincts of an outsider. He's in good company too--three of the other PCs are also "othered" classes within the Federation and/or Starfleet, in varying degrees. They should get along fine! (We can all gang up on Graham! )

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yes, that's always entertaining....

Registered
    May 2013

I mean Graham also really gangs up on Graham in terms of guilt and self-imprecation...

Registered
    Mar 2012

I mean Graham also really gangs up on Graham in terms of guilt and self-imprecation...
    LOL! A fair point. It shall be unanimous then. I'd imagine (or at least hope) that having obtained the ideal woman, a new son, and a better relationship with Lizzie, he'll find his confidence rising at least a little.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Hey just wanted to wish everyone a very happy holiday, merry Christmas, joyous new year, good health & safety, and basically everything else we all really really need.

Registered
    Nov 2021

Thanks. You too!

Registered
    Sep 2009

Hear, hear! All the best to all of you.

I'm going to be traveling with my family for a few days and may have spotty Internet access. Let's take a holiday break until Dec. 30. Thanks!

Registered
    May 2013

LOL! A fair point. It shall be unanimous then. I'd imagine (or at least hope) that having obtained the ideal woman, a new son, and a better relationship with Lizzie, he'll find his confidence rising at least a little.
    Don't underestimate him

Registered
    May 2013

Whatever holiday(s) you celebrate, I hope you all have healthy and happy ones!

Registered
    Apr 2015

Have a fantastic holiday, EH and the whole Yorktown crew!

Registered
    Sep 2009

Many thanks, and back 'atcha!

Registered
    May 2013

"He looks across at her and squeezes her hand again, not wanting to say anything further that might spoil this moment before leading her onwards towards the sunset." [Post #375 in the game thread]

Dammit, unfortunately Graham's wedding plans did not include materializing a few feet away at precisely this moment...

Registered
    Sep 2009

We all know that Rangin would happily welcome his arrival right about then!
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 30 Dec 2021 at 10:43 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Okay there's a bit of a stretchy time thing happening and I'm not sure what to do. Kylah and Rangin have already spent hours together on a date that began when Bozhi beamed up, and at the same time Graham was burning mad calories by hefting Marala over the threshold.

Now Kylah's back, but Bizhi's still just arrived and poor Booker is still smooching while risking a hernia.* So I'm in kind of a time void right now; on ship-time, Kylah's still on the planet, but on the planet, she's up in the ship. Help! How should Rangin and I play this?

* hey, y'all keep mentioning the gal's weight gain; I'm just running with the crowd here...
    Last edited by choie; 06 Jan 2022 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Got Bizhi's name wrong. Sorry!!

Registered
    Mar 2012

Addendum: HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!! I've been dealing with Covid since last week! It's been fine thus far--I'm vaxxed, naturally, and am reaping the rewards by having a very mild case. But the weird thing is, I have no idea how I caught it. I've literally not left my building since mid-December, and the only people I've been anywhere close to is a neighbor or two when I briefly pass them in the hallway. And that rarely happens.

Long story short: This strain is either staggeringly infectious and lingers in the air a lot longer than anyone thought, or I've got the Virgin Birth of covid infections.

Registered
    May 2013

Happy New Year right back, choie!

I'm glad to hear its a mild case...my understanding (from a friend who is in a similar boat) and from our work risk people who assess monthly whether we're a-ok or prohibited for in-person events is that omicron is just crazy contagious...like "whatever was floating in the hallway that leaked out of neighbors' apartments kind of contagious." Fingers crossed for a quick recovery!

+ Reply to thread