+ Reply to thread
Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 102 103 104 105 106
Results 5,251 to 5,274 of 5274

Thread: Star Trek RPG - Setup thread

Registered
    Mar 2012

Thanks, and sorry, got another--is there shore leave going on? E.g., anyone who's not attending the wedding, are they free to go out?

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yes, good point. Shore leave would have been granted to any Yorktown crewmember whose duties did not require them to remain aboard. I'll add that to the game thread.

Registered
    Sep 2009

The Captain's opening remarks at the wedding ceremony, beginning "Since the days of Earth’s first wooden sailing ships...," are drawn from Capt. Kirk's remarks at another such ceremony in ST:TOS "Balance of Terror," as well as Capt. Picard's in ST:TNG "Data's Day" and Adm. Ross's in ST: DS9 "'Til Death Do Us Part."
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; Yesterday at 11:51 PM. Reason: Fixed grammatical error

Registered
    Mar 2012

Cool, interesting, EH!

Man this is not gonna make Nia's mood any better, that's for sure.

Registered
    Apr 2015

Daayum, I'm glad Nia can't hear Graham's thoughts. This feels like a hate crime!

Ape must not kill ape! general_urko's avatar
    Registered
    May 2013

Quote Originally posted by SidonianGal View post
    Daayum, I'm glad Nia can't hear Graham's thoughts. This feels like a hate crime!
    Just think how many future opportunities this opens up for Nia - or anyone really - to make Graham feel guilty about any happiness....!

Registered
    Sep 2009

A gun-suicide emoji? That's... wow. Heavy.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Is that smilie new to you? I think it's been around since I've been here, at least as far as I can recall. Anyway it's just Nia being a drama queen. Usually Kylah gets all that angst but Nia demands her turn.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Don't remember seeing it before, no. "O brave new world...."

Registered
    May 2013

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    The bride and groom turn to face one another and take both of each other’s hands as Singh reads, “The union of a husband and wife in heart, body and mind is intended by the Creator of the Universe for their mutual joy; for the help and comfort they may thus give one another in time of adversity; for sexual and emotional fulfillment; and for the creation and nurturing of children, when such is the will of the Creator and of those entering into this most holy joining. Therefore, marriage is not to be entered into hastily, or lightly, but reverently, deliberately, and in accordance with the principles for which it was established long ago. Into this sacred union our friends Marala and Booker now come.”

She looks up. “If anyone has just cause why they should not be lawfully married, speak now, or forever hold your peace.”
    Emphasis added...I can't believe Rangin took shore leave and is missing this!

Registered
    Apr 2015

True, he is missing quite the juicy opportunity! Maybe that's why he left--too tempting. Although if Nia can control herself, Rangin probably can too.

Registered
    May 2013

Quote Originally posted by SidonianGal View post
    True, he is missing quite the juicy opportunity! Maybe that's why he left--too tempting. Although if Nia can control herself, Rangin probably can too.
    OMG soap opera moment...Nia stands up and shouts "Because I'm carrying his baby!" - which, of course, is all the more soap-opera-y appropriate since they never did the deed...

Registered
    Sep 2009

LOL. You guys crack me up.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Dang I seem to write more when my characters aren't actually doing a damn thing. Stop me before I burn my fingers off!

(Oh and for the record, I really do love that passage--it's way more than 'sentimental.' The views and opinions expressed in the game thread are those of the characters and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of their player(s). Any views provided by these characters are of their opinion and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual or anyone or anything except maybe certain NPCs.)

Registered
    Apr 2015

Yeah! What she said! Damn she writes good.

Also for the record, Nia's even lying to herself, because she does believe in Sid'Os.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Roger that.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Quote Originally posted by general_urko View post
    And now I'm marrying the first woman who made me feel I could be a man worthy of love.

To save her life, and that of her--as I failed to do for the mother of my son.
    Oh my. Now here's a turn-up. During their rapprochement conversation, did Lizzie share a bit of news on the gender-identity front?

Registered
    May 2013

Quote Originally posted by choie View post
    Quote Originally posted by general_urko View post
    And now I'm marrying the first woman who made me feel I could be a man worthy of love.

To save her life, and that of her--as I failed to do for the mother of my son.
    Oh my. Now here's a turn-up. During their rapprochement conversation, did Lizzie share a bit of news on the gender-identity front?
    Oopsie!

Registered
    May 2013

Thanks EH for all your game-mastering (also the nefariousness... )

And thanks all for your creativity, also melodrama, snark etc!

Registered
    Sep 2009

Our pleasure! I'm still having a lot of fun with the USS Yorktown gang, and hope you are, too. Best Thanksgiving wishes to those who celebrate it.

Please join me in welcoming stolz, who'll be playing the ship's newest medico, Dr. Bizhi "Biz" Mäkeläinen. His character will be appearing shortly. For more details, see the updated character profile listings here (the second listing in post 6): http://www.mellophant.com/forums/sho...acter-profiles

Registered
    Mar 2012

Woohoo, what splendid news, EH! Big applause to you, stolz, it's a treat to meet another player as well as an intriguing new PC. I enjoyed the bio and am looking forward to being introduced in-game to Doc Mäkeläinen. (To paraphrase Indiana Jones: umlauts! why'd it have to be umlauts?) Certainly intrigued about those nightmares, not to mention his family tree!

Registered
    Nov 2021

hello

As for the umlauts, what did you expect? The man is literally from Mars.

Registered
    May 2013

+1, welcome stolz

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally posted by choie View post
    ...I enjoyed the bio and am looking forward to being introduced in-game to Doc Mäkeläinen. (To paraphrase Indiana Jones: umlauts! why'd it have to be umlauts?)....
    I know I'll be copying-and-pasting a bit more than before ;-)

+ Reply to thread