+ Reply to thread

Thread: How to lose friends permanently.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default How to lose friends permanently.

It starts by being a cage fighter. Then you and your friends spike your tea with some hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Result: You think your friend is possessed by the devil and you decide to rip his heart out while he is still alive and burn it in a nearby fire.

Story Here for those who really want to read it.

It's not the story that gets me, its waiting for him to ask for a reduced sentence because he was not in control and had a psychotic episode.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

:Shake::Shake::Shake::Shake::Shake:

As a fan of both MMA and psychedelics, I am double-barrel pissed that this psychopathic asshole is going to be associated in the public mind with these otherwise extremely safe pursuits.

The guy had ONE fight, yet he's instantly a murderous cage fighter. If he was a janitor by trade*, I guarantee you it wouldn't have been mentioned until deep into the body of the report, if at all.

* And for all we know, he was; excepting the very highest echelons of the sport, MMA fighters pretty much have to keep a day job to make ends meet.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Feb 2009

Wow, that's crazy. Metal as hell, but still crazy. What the hell kind of mushrooms bring on that level of a dissociative state anyway? Those are stories you hear about PCP, not mushrooms.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Cluricaun View post
    What the hell kind of mushrooms bring on that level of a dissociative state anyway? Those are stories you hear about PCP, not mushrooms.
    This occurred to me too. And considering that a sizable chunk of what's sold in the USA as "magic mushrooms" isn't really psilocybin at all, but just regular mushrooms laced with LSD or other hallucinogens, it wouldn't be unthinkable that PCP is exactly what he had.

The idea of engaging in physically strenous activity, let alone committing acts of violence, just runs absolutely contrary to every experience I've ever had with mushrooms. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, I'm just saying it's bizarre in the same way as if someone said, "yeah, I snorted up a room full of cocaine and then got sleepy and took a nap."
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Holy shit that's fucked up.

It sounds like one of those utterly implausible 'Just Say No' stories, like the guy who smoked just one joint and then STABBED HIS OWN EYES OUT WITH A FORK. (It's true! David Toma said so!)

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp View post
    :Shake::Shake::Shake::Shake::Shake:

As a fan of both MMA and psychedelics, I am double-barrel pissed that this psychopathic asshole is going to be associated in the public mind with these otherwise extremely safe pursuits.
    As a member of the non-MMA-enthusiast public, I would like to state that this demented story does not make me think that Kimbo Slice literally feasts upon the blood of his enemies. I do not think that MMA fighters are any more nuts or dangerous than boxers or other martial artists (although the whole 'cage' thing does weird me out a bit).

Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm not going to address the cage fighter aspect, although I'm saddened about the fact that *that* is what is going to get the attention.

Instead, I'm just going to comment about what a stupid SOB he was to do drugs. Period. And people wonder why I am so adamantly opposed to so-called "recreational drug usage". There's nothing recreational about it - it's plain, flat-out stupidity, and this is a prime example.
    Political correctness will be the death of our country.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Anecdote is still however not the plural of data. This is no more a prime example of what normally happens 99.9% of the time with recreational hallucinogen usage than a runaway Toyota plowing into a day care center is a prime example of what normally happens when you drive a car. It's an unfortunate event, no more no less.

And it's the illegallity that leads to tampering and dangerous substances being passed off as something else which I'm going to remain convinced was at the root cause here.
    Last edited by Cluricaun; 01 Jun 2010 at 03:26 PM.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

That and the "cage fighter" was a disaster waiting to happen anyway. I've been associating with regular illicit drug users for 25+ years, and I don't know one person who went this nutso just because they took some drugs, maaaan.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Jul 2010

If he reacted that strongly on a psychedelic it immediately makes me think that it was messing with other medication or substances he could have been on.

Not to stereotype, but like steroids.
    comcast guy - m4m - 18 (nb)
    seem like we had that connection when we looked at each other
    you had a blue shirt on nice asss,dought you will see this but dosnt hurt to try, but id love to play with you. tell me what you where fixing, or the street name,or describe me.

Registered
    Jul 2009

"Cage fighter", uh huh. Just like that glorified extra a few years back was a "Power Ranger."

Yeah, I'm bettng this was some sort of PCP lacing/roid raging conglomeration of badness. Has jack all to do with cage fighting OR shrooms.

Registered
    Feb 2009

The story insert (the ad for another story) is titled "Why Love Letters Are Better Left Unread". It's advertised as a "related story". Is ripping someone's heart out figuratively at all related to physical violence? Shit!
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

+ Reply to thread