+ Reply to thread

Thread: Israel and the Flotilla Conflict

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Israel and the Flotilla Conflict

It seems that international outcry has occured over Israel's storming of a flotilla of aid ships which were bound for Gaza.

The Relief agency is saying that is was only carring humanitarian aid to relieve Gaza, whereas the Israelis are saying that one of the ships was also carrying a variety of weaponry bound for Hamas. As a result, they boarded the ship to protect Israel by preventing the weapons reaching Gaza.

Of course, there are now differing views as to who fired first, what happened next and if anything has been found on board the ships. It doesn't help that the Turkish Relief Agency IHH, is banned in Israel under suspicion of supplying funds to Hamas.

I guess we will have to wait and see what the expected U.N. independent investigation will find?
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Eh, fuck Israel. Worthless selfish arrogant piss ant of a country that's caused more problems than it's ever solved.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Either way Israel has shot itself in the foot. The flotilla's objective has been achieved albeit with bloodshed.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Oh, great. Let's piss Turkey off. Having one relatively-friendly Muslim country in the Mideast was making things too easy!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Flotilla isn't a word that I type every day, it looks wrong somehow.

Anyway, I know it won't happen but I hope that Israel finally faces some consequences for this. This is piracy plain and simple, Israel has no jurisdiction in the open seas to attack anyone that they don't have a formal declaration of war with. If we let this one slide the precedent for making the oceans into one giant shooting gallery has been established and runs absolutely contrary to hundreds of years of maritime law.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

+ Reply to thread